Can Warlocks AoE grind/farm sucessfully?

90 Human Paladin
The title is my only question. I have played a frost mage in the past and enjoyed taking larger pulls and was just hoping that I could do something similar with my lock. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. =) A guide wouldn't be too bad either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Demo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/28/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Ethios
I have played a frost mage in the past and enjoyed taking larger pulls

Frost Mages wish they were as good as Demo warlocks in AoE.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Hand of Gul'dan(aoe slow/dot), Hellfire, Felguard Bladestorm, Shadowfury(aoe stun), Carrion Swarm(aoe damage/knockback), Harvest Life(aoe lifedrain), Infernal (aoe damage/stun and pet with immolation aura).

Demo is where it's at.
Edited by Norrek on 2/28/2013 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
for sure. if you want to AOE pull, demo is by far the best at it imo. the amount of damage survivability while pulling is just amazing as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
And best of all, Demo is the only spec with aoe that doesn't feel clunky; it doesn't require irritating macros (screw you, fire & brimstone) or irritating setup (sup seed of corruption? Why do you even exist, still?)

Demo warlocks are amazing aoe grinders--I might even say that they're right up there with tanks, actually.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Pretty sure warlocks had the trump card on AoE farming for a long time now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
my spec, my glyphs, and AOE is the easiest crap ever. crazy self heals when you kill something, high hp, aura of enfeeblement, aoe knockback, aoe drain, aoe stun, aoe aura damage...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The hardest part of Demo AoE grinding is finding enough mobs of the exact type you need. Seriously. You can wipe all the mobs in your area and be waiting for respawns.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This annoyed me so much this expac. Only place I found a decent concentration was Jade Forest. After that the mobes were usually not very well packed. I recall realizing that they added a lot of low health 'filler' mobs, like packs of bugs and stuff. Which give very little XP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Demo is debatably the best spec in game for AoE grinding.

Afflic is fairly amazing at it as well with Multi-Dotting and healing via Glyph of Soul Consumption.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Destro will most likely be best, the bigger the pull, the more aoe = more embers = the more ember taps.

You can just keep pulling non stop as Destro.
Edited by Death on 3/1/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
03/01/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Death
Destro will most likely be best, the bigger the pull, the more aoe = more embers = the more ember taps.

Man, I wish you and me could do a 1-vs-1 AoE grinding contest. I'm 100% certain you'd lose and that's even taking into consideration the wide iLevel gear gap between us.
Edited by Gadsden on 3/1/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
03/01/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Gadsden

Man, I wish you and me could do a 1-vs-1 AoE grinding contest. I'm 100% certain you'd lose and that's even taking into consideration the wide iLevel gear gap between us.

Ok, I can pull everything and keep pulling, while you pop all your cds on one pull then have to wait for them to come back.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Ok, I can pull everything and keep pulling, while you pop all your cds on one pull then have to wait for them to come back.

I don't have to wait for -anything- . . . -ever-. The key is to -manage- CDs and abilities and just keep on rolling. As I said earlier, the only limitation to AoE grinding as Demo is waiting for respawns.
Edited by Gadsden on 3/1/2013 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
With grimservice you get two felguard bladestorms, which also generates demoic fury. That along with all the crazy AOE abilites, Gul'dan with two charges, hellfire and Imo aura,

There really isnt any "waiting" on anything.

In fact, Even if I were to blow ALL my CD's on a big mob, I'd more likely run out of things to kill before I even BEGUN to use up demonic fury.

I'm sorry, Demo takes the cake. Each of the other specs have a clunky, limiting AOE mechanic/setup. Demo is all rock and roll.

*as far as the embers thing, there's a sweet spot where you're generating embers as fast as you're using them, but without the perfect scenario where you're in a room full of continuously spawning and grouping adds, ember generation tends to tap out and dps falls dramatically*

Anyways, as far as AOE goes, anyone who doesnt vote demo, doesnt play demo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
noooo destro would probably win out it is alot better for chain pulling unless of course you are using DA as demo then yeah demo would win out
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Both are good but I'm going with destro. The larger the pulls, the more dps you put out and the easier healing becomes. You're like a casting juggernaut in that the more you pull, the more powerful you become. It's a joke really.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/01/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Moonisagano
noooo destro would probably win out it is alot better for chain pulling unless of course you are using DA as demo then yeah demo would win out

Are you serious?! Demo is and will ALWAYS remain the king of aoe. The problem is that we burn mobs down so quick that you will be wanting to find new ones.
Edited by Endymios on 3/2/2013 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]