Can Warlocks AoE grind/farm sucessfully?

100 Dwarf Hunter
I can only speak from my experience while leveling my lock so far, but as affliction I can pull any amount of mobs. Soulburn+Soul Swap instantly applies my dots with 4 shards thats 4 times, will almost certainly get a soul shard back before i can finish placing all 4 sets of dots from soul swap, keep placing dots. If I fail to get one for some extremely unlucky reason, just keep an eye on health pools and find the weakest one, drain soul, it dies, get all shards back, keep applying more dots.

I did that grinding from 86 to 88 in a day while waiting for a friend to get online cause we were questing together. Is it the most efficient or better then demo or destro? No idea, I just know this worked really well being that I could never pull enough mobs as everything was often dead and waiting for respawn. Just my 2 cents.
Edited by Substate on 3/2/2013 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I can pull 20+ mobs at once as destruction and end the fight at full health relatively quick.

Just have to know when to fire and brimstone, ember tap, and rain of fire. :P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
What I'm getting from this thread is that basically every spec can AoE pretty darn awesomely, we all just feel that each of our respective specs is king. THERE NEEDS TO BE AN AOE OFF AND DECLARE A KING!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yeah, pretty much what substate said.

There isn't any limit to how many mobs I can pull, no downtime, because I don't sweat CD's...soulburn a seed with a macro, repeat, SB/SS macro for two more, let the VL tank, and harvest life.

Locks are the aoe farming class, bar none.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can pull 20+ mobs at once as destruction and end the fight at full health relatively quick.

Maybe back when Aftermath stunned and Glyph of Soul Consumption healed with Shadowburn.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Demo wins the aoe award by a mile.

I've fought the Sha of Anger a few times, and tanked the adds due to low number of tanks. After tanking all the adds and the fight was all said and done I looked at my recount and found out I had self-healed myself for over 90% of the damage I took, and I got 3rd highest healing in the 40-man raid group. We had 6 dedicated healers, and I beat all but 2 of them overall, all via self-heals.

If you could pull every mob on panda-land and fight them all, demo is about the only thing out there who can do it, because our healing scales so well with more targets.

Pull all the things.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Maybe back when Aftermath stunned and Glyph of Soul Consumption healed with Shadowburn.

No, I do it on live.

There's a reason things like getting the fish for the crab or AoE farming for motes of harmony don't take long for me. :P

So long as you aren't trying it on things like the ogres in domination point or other increased health normal mobs, you're fine.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Demo only has one advantage over destro. It take a little longer to get the destro mojo going and need to watch embers as things start to die.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Could someone please suggest the most efficient spell rotation for demo? (Both AOE and single target). I've only ever played Affliction and am eager to check out the other side of the fence.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
And best of all, Demo is the only spec with aoe that doesn't feel clunky; it doesn't require irritating macros (screw you, fire & brimstone) or irritating setup (sup seed of corruption? Why do you even exist, still?)

Demo warlocks are amazing aoe grinders--I might even say that they're right up there with tanks, actually.

SoC exists for Heroic Amber Shaper
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]