Watching it dissolve is painful.

62 Troll Death Knight
Red
I've watched my guild lose many valuable players recently, and I've asked the GM and officers what's up, and get no response. I was a top weekly contributor last week, and that's just nuts. 40 people are gone. I've asked those of them I knew well, plus any guildees that came online and whatever it is, is not knowledge being shared. I don't suppose there is anything I can do?

I'm on almost every day and I haven't seen a decent group from the guild on in two months. No, I don't want to quit and lose my rep, but I'm frustrated that nothing is going on- no meetings, events, nothing. I had a guild sold out from under me once, and its a crappy feeling, plus I've read the horror stories about guilds being taken away from GMs who abandon them.

I think the only thing I can do is nothing, unless someone has some advice? I'd like to get it back up and actively doing things, but its obviously not my place to decide these things. I know our server is not the most challenging nor competitive, but I care about it and I like it here. /sigh.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I wish I could suggest a new guild to you, but I can't.

I do know that if you leave your guild, your guild rep remains at whatever level it was at the time you quit. I don't know if it resets when you join a new guild, though.

I also suggest you buy whatever guild perk pets and mounts are available before you leave the guild. They aren't available once you gquit.

Anyway, good luck in finding a new guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Buy a Renowned Guild Tabard before you leave and you will be Exalted with your new Guild in no time. It just took me 2 or 3 days of Dailies with it on to go from Revered to Exalted.
Edited by Ewing on 3/1/2013 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Troll Death Knight
Red
Ewing- thanks so much! I didn't think of that, but yes, it works! When I faction changed an Alli alt of mine who was an officer in an Alli guild I run, her tabard simply switched over. :). Really appreciate the help! As much as I'd like to take over and run things, I've always seen that as a bit unfair just because the GM and officers are forever absent. They still built the thing, I didn't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The Renowned Guild Tabard counts as a BOA item, so you could have still sent it from a Horde toon to an Alli toon.

As far as the rep goes: Back in Cata, when the guild rep system was introduced, your guild rep would be reset to Neutral upon joining the new guild. In MoP you keep your previous rep, but upon joiing a new guild your rep is reset to (if I remember correctly) at least Revered. Which, pairing that up with Ewing's suggestion and how much questing or other guild related activities you participate in, makes it go by pretty quick. Although if you have already gotten to exalted with one guild, it does not reset your "Time flies" achievement, so it won't pop up when you hit exalted with the new guild.
Reply Quote
57 Troll Rogue
Red
Guild is still bleeding toons and no one high enough has been online to claim it. I wonder if the GM and officers even know. Bank's been shut, probably by some officers who left. So it's time for most of my toons to say goodbye. We'll miss SC! Happy hunting everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s
Reply Quote
62 Troll Death Knight
Cute. ;p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Be sure and let somebody high ranking know you are leaving for etiquette reasons. There's nothing like logging in and seeing somebody has left the guild without giving the appropriate people fair warning.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I see people leave guilds all the time without saying a word. It *is* better if you at least say a few words as to why you're leaving.
Reply Quote
62 Troll Death Knight
I did. I sent several messages by both mail and /w to GM, all officers still there, and any guildees online over the course of two weeks, plus opened a ticket so Blizzard could connect with anyone I couldn't. I like these people and still don't know what happened, but I explained myself. Thankfully, someone took notice and is working on salvaging what they can and regrouping.

The GM and Officers hadn't been on in months. High ranking people were though. Obviously something fractured.

Was pretty appalled that things got grabbed so quickly by people who had access, who promoted people and gave them access blah blah. You all know the drill. It's like sharks smelling blood in the water. My access to anything of value was cut off, probably because I kept asking everyone what was going on! The cool stuff I gave the guild were gifts, so they weren't mine anymore to worry about. Just really wasn't the "high road" way to go about this. But /sigh, not my first time seeing this type of thing go down.

Hope they clear the ranks and have better luck going forward!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]