please stop fire blossom...

"he's getting away! i need to root him quickly!" -shoots fire blossom from directly behind as it suddenly arcs left-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
God I hate that. I also dislike slow warlock pets that eat my fire blossoms :3
Edited by Cuongi on 2/22/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
aim it to where they're going to run.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/23/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Dankforth

That might just work, unless there is anything that has red in the nameplate near who you actually want to hit with spinning fire blossom in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/23/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Dankforth

Read what the op said...

02/22/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Fran
-shoots fire blossom from directly behind as it suddenly arcs left-

you can't aim something that randomly arcs. This move needs to be a skill shot or a heat missile. Pick one Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/23/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Reflëct
This move needs to be a skill shot

It is.

02/23/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Reflëct
a heat missile

Glyph it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
^^ no it isn't. It will arc at times, like the OP said. It doesn't always shoot straight. I've had the move make a complete 90 degree turn toward a random pet.

Heat missiles would pick up the first "heat" object it senses in its path and latch on, like most cases someones pet. The glyph makes it locked on your target and removes the root making it pointless.
Edited by Reflëct on 2/23/2013 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I've always thought that it should only hit your target, but you still need to aim it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/23/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Reflëct
^^ no it isn't. It will arc at times, like the OP said

I'd love to see an example of this, because I have never had it "arc" before. Then again, I play DOTA games quite a bit, so I am use to having to skill shot.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Acarnismonk
I'd love to see an example of this, because I have never had it "arc" before. Then again, I play DOTA games quite a bit, so I am use to having to skill shot.

I'm gonna blow your mind right here.

Go duel a hunter. Have him put his pet on you, and now try to SFB him while you're both running.

It'll hit the pet behind you almost every time.

Divine Star is a skillshot.
SFB is not really one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
The root is great...

but when you can dish out massive critical SFB's when glyphed (until the patch), why would you want to root when you can just blow them up with 100% accuracy?
Edited by Sensey on 2/23/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]