LF GILNEAS RP, GAIZ.

25 Worgen Hunter
Me and my brother were thinking of using the Harbor as a base of operations for a group of people that want to reclaim Gilneas and think the 7th are taking too long so they are taking it into their own hands. The Gilneas Reclamation Expedition (name too long for a guild but you get the idea) and treat it as if most of the city has Forsaken Forces in them, and hold patrols ICly. Even if we got that far we thought asking for a Forsaken guild or group could act as the opposing force to us. Yes some districts still probably have the Plague in them, we would steer clear of them obviously but I don't see whats so wrong with using Gilneas for anything, this idea of ours is a long time off but I really want to know a good reason for Player Characters not being in Gilneas to either loot, aid the 7th or do what we are trying to do and make a militia to take it back ourselves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Whenever I see this in Trade, I can't help but feel like it's code for something.

Something naughty.

They're trying to summon Freaky Fred.
Reply Quote
Whenever I see this in Trade, I can't help but feel like it's code for something.

Something naughty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ml4dA8TZTU

Relevant >:D

Haha xD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/25/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Flashcog
Honestly though, I haven't the slightest what the appeal of Gilneas RP is, given the lore-wise circumstances. It's pretty, I guess? Bumping this in the interest of finding out, as I know jack about worgen-anything.

02/25/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Taldin
Because it's a massive, empty zone for the Alliance, full of cool locations and buildings.

Basically this. It's an excellent spot for RP, whether you treat it as Gilneas or use some imagination and make it somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Seriously? None of you have ever gone to one of an "LF <INSERT IDEA> RP"?

I'm from Moon Guard, where these things are RAMPANT amongst less experienced roleplayers.
I have seen.. Gilneas RP, Kingdom RP, Tribal RP, Slave RP, Cat RP, Murder RP, Mystery RP, and the oddest, was BEAR RP.

On MG there are people at are considered 'celebrities' because they host the SAME EVENT EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. And it always comes down to getting 40 people, everyone sits in the cathedral, leader puts up different colored icons and goes "PURPLE IS FOR ROYALTY, NEED A KING, QUEEN, AND PRINCESS, YELLOW IS FOR GUARDS, RED IS FOR CIVILIANS, AND BLUE IS FOR BAD GUYS"
And people split up accordingly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
It doesn't really do much for someones RP since most everyone there RPs with one-liners and its flooded with terrible character ideas.

Got into one MONTHS AND MONTHS ago, landed the queen spot for shoots an' gags. Go figure the bad guys RUSH THE MANOR TO MURDER THE ROYALTY AND START A REBELLION.

They like to roll fight, with the /roll function for hitting. I'm sure we all LOVE that. Right?

Anyways, after 30 minutes of them monologuing how I'm a terrible ruler yada yada. They attack. Five of them. Five of them at ONCE.

Rolled for the five attempts at fighting back.
/roll /roll /roll /roll /roll
100. 97. 92. 94. 99.

She flipped her study desk over and crushed them all in a spectacularly anti-climactic fashion. It was hilarious how angry everyone got that I did that.

But yeah, moral of the story; STAY AWAY FROM THOSE THINGS. THEY ARE AWFUL
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just........ ^
Reply Quote
26 Gnome Mage
02/24/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Enekie
Gilneas is a lore black hole. Every piece of information on it contradicts every other piece of information on it. You can do whatever you please there and it'll be no worse for wear.

Enekie speaks in wise.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Windsòng

Royalty, Gilneas, or sturdy desks?

:P
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Juramir

All of the above? :D
Reply Quote
Rolled for the five attempts at fighting back.
/roll /roll /roll /roll /roll
100. 97. 92. 94. 99.

She flipped her study desk over and crushed them all in a spectacularly anti-climactic fashion. It was hilarious how angry everyone got that I did that.

TBH now I'm tempted to go and see it, actually.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
02/26/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Juramir

You have to know how to flip desks when youre the king!

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Reply Quote
Seriously? None of you have ever gone to one of an "LF <INSERT IDEA> RP"?

Surprisingly, no! Not here, not on my old server, either. WrA was the first place I saw this at, but now that you've explained what happens, it makes sense (someone's requested "more nobles" a time or two).
Reply Quote
We once had an... Orca migration RP or something on our server.

I don't know, but we got our jollies from it for like a month.

Edit: "We" being the server. Just felt like I should clarify.
Edited by Maricela on 2/26/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
You have to know how to flip desks when youre the king!

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"

Genn Greymane, Champion Desk-Flipper.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/25/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Windsòng
the oddest, was BEAR RP

WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEAR RP????????????????
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Gilneas is a lore black hole. Every piece of information on it contradicts every other piece of information on it. You can do whatever you please there and it'll be no worse for wear.

I actually asked a GM about this yesterday. The response was this:
Currently the state of Gilneas is still contested. Until the Forsaken are driven out the King can not move his people back.

*shrug*

EDIT: Added quote.
Edited by Yezian on 2/26/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Sure, it's contested.

Except for all that lore that says it's not and the 7th Legion retook it.

And all that lore that says the Forsaken actually conquered it.

The lore contradicts itself so many times here you can't really understand what it's talking about. So don't worry. Even if it is contested, you can RP being on the sidelines or between battles.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We once had an... Orca migration RP or something on our server.

I don't know, but we got our jollies from it for like a month.

Edit: "We" being the server. Just felt like I should clarify.

I have a screenshot of the chat where I first heard that we were too late to be the first to do pod RP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Last I checked a black dragon named Lord Hiram Creed took in a bunch of infected Gilnean folks (Assuming the Forsaken plague) and re-took the city. For the Rogue quest, you assassinate Lord Hiram Creed but the infected Gilnean's remain. So all and all I believe it's just a wasteland of the plague and a bunch of half dead diseased men, women, children and Worgen, of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]