LF GILNEAS RP, GAIZ.

90 Night Elf Rogue
02/26/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Dargaroth
Last I checked a black dragon named Lord Hiram Creed took in a bunch of infected Gilnean folks (Assuming the Forsaken plague) and re-took the city. For the Rogue quest, you assassinate Lord Hiram Creed but the infected Gilnean's remain. So all and all I believe it's just a wasteland of the plague and a bunch of half dead diseased men, women, children and Worgen, of course.

I don't think they were infected (unless you mean with the Worgen Curse). They were pretty healthy when I snuck through them.

But that kind of goes to what I'm saying here. Everything about Gilneas contradicts itself and, depending on what class you are, you might even not know the story.

There is no lore concrete enough to build upon. It is, for all intents and purposes, a free for all zone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You should see Alliance side on the PvE US PTR server...

LFM KINGDOM RP

LFM GILNEAS RP

LFM FAMILY RP
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
LFM FOREST RP. Treants only. We'll go sit in Mulgore and pretend to be a forest that sprung up overnight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love it, now all we need is 100-150 resto Druids to make a circle of trees around Thunderbluff. Then every hour we take three steps forward.
Reply Quote
Posted by Dargaroth
Last I checked a black dragon named Lord Hiram Creed took in a bunch of infected Gilnean folks (Assuming the Forsaken plague) and re-took the city. For the Rogue quest, you assassinate Lord Hiram Creed but the infected Gilnean's remain. So all and all I believe it's just a wasteland of the plague and a bunch of half dead diseased men, women, children and Worgen, of course.

I don't think they were infected (unless you mean with the Worgen Curse). They were pretty healthy when I snuck through them.

But that kind of goes to what I'm saying here. Everything about Gilneas contradicts itself and, depending on what class you are, you might even not know the story.

There is no lore concrete enough to build upon. It is, for all intents and purposes, a free for all zone.

In the end? ^ and because of that ^^^^ --- They are harming no one so leave them alone. ^.^ I've seen them, I choose not to join but there are others that do. Good for them for trying to craft RP and stories on a ... server meant just for that.
Reply Quote

I didn't even know about this nonsense about a dragon dude until now. Where exactly can I get more information on this?

From what I've read, this is what I've got so far:

The Cataclysm breaks the Greymane Wall and destroys protective barrier reefs and mountains of some sort that prevented people from getting in, allowing the Forsaken to invade by land and sea. Gilneans put up their fight, retake the city only to have it plagued, and flee via night elf ships. Alliance forces such as the 7th Legion arrive to back up the GLF, which is where the Horde quests pick up. (For this reason, I believe that the plague the Forsaken used wore off, because if it was still around, chances are Horde players and Alliance NPCs wouldn't be there, at least not with such a heavy presence.) Through the Horde quests, we find out that the GLF, along with the Alliance, back up the Horde forces beyond the Greymane Wall and into Silverpine, but the GLF then retreats due to Lorna Crowley getting captured by Sylvanas. Currently, the Alliance controls most of Gilneas, with skirmishes on the border. (Hence, the Battle for Gilneas BG.)

Now, is there anything I should change or add? Or does this seem fairly accurate to some extent?
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Gyiygstar
I didn't even know about this nonsense about a dragon dude until now. Where exactly can I get more information on this?

http://www.wowpedia.org/Hiram_Creed
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

From what I've read, this is what I've got so far:

The Cataclysm breaks the Greymane Wall and destroys protective barrier reefs and mountains of some sort that prevented people from getting in, allowing the Forsaken to invade by land and sea. Gilneans put up their fight, retake the city only to have it plagued, and flee via night elf ships. Alliance forces such as the 7th Legion arrive to back up the GLF, which is where the Horde quests pick up. (For this reason, I believe that the plague the Forsaken used wore off, because if it was still around, chances are Horde players and Alliance NPCs wouldn't be there, at least not with such a heavy presence.) Through the Horde quests, we find out that the GLF, along with the Alliance, back up the Horde forces beyond the Greymane Wall and into Silverpine, but the GLF then retreats due to Lorna Crowley getting captured by Sylvanas. Currently, the Alliance controls most of Gilneas, with skirmishes on the border. (Hence, the Battle for Gilneas BG.)

Now, is there anything I should change or add? Or does this seem fairly accurate to some extent?

No, that's about it.

Hiram Creed, a Black Dragon, creates a personality cult into which he inducts a few Gilnean refugees. Their army manages to rout the Forsaken (apparently). Wrathion has him assassinated, though, so presumably the cult disbands afterward.

Gilneas' fate is still up in the air.
Edited by Enekie on 2/27/2013 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
02/27/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Lyeli
What is Gilneas roleplay exactly?

Gilneas roleplay is life, it's truth... it's... it's everything! What isn't Gilneas roleplay?!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
02/27/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Krazix
What is Gilneas roleplay exactly?

Gilneas roleplay is life, it's truth... it's... it's everything! What isn't Gilneas roleplay?!

Good.

Its roleplaying at its most basic. Theres no development of a character over a long term or anything. Its not awful for a one shot. But it, like McDonalds, leaves you feeling unsatisfied, and a little ashamed in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/27/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Lorshal
I love it, now all we need is 100-150 resto Druids to make a circle of trees around Thunderbluff. Then every hour we take three steps forward.

The Horde shall never be vanquished until Treant wood to high Thunder Bluff comes against them.
Reply Quote
Lay on, MacBaine and damned be him who first cries 'Hold! enough!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]