Holy paladin mana help?

100 Human Paladin
I have just recently picked up a holy spec after my guild master asking me to. I used to heal during cata but this is the first time for me healing in MoP. I am having issues figuring out what is supposed to be giving holy paladins back mana besides spirit and divine plea. In cata we had judgement doing all sorts of things and now i don't see how were supposed to regain our mana.
if someone could shed some light on why we really don't seem to have a mana regain or where iam missing it i would really appricate it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It's just Spirit and Divine Plea. All of the class-specific 'extra' mana regen mechanisms, except for Rapture, were deleted in MoP beta. Everyone now has the same basic 50% Spirit regen plus a non-scaling mana cooldown of some sort.

(You can blame me for it. They deleted Holy Concentration for holy priests first, and I started asking why and pointing out that paladins and druids still had JoTP and Revitalize, and GC was all like "Oh, my bad" and the next week he deleted those too.)
Edited by Kaels on 2/26/2013 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
well now i that is slightly depressing i guess i will have to adapt to having to relay on spirit more i guess :P
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Melee swings still restore like 1k mana, right? I only healed on my paladin for a couple weeks after 5.0 before switching but I'm pretty sure it did.

Otherwise just make sure you heal very deliberately. Your goal isn't to keep everyone at 100%, it's to keep people alive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
whats your priority for spell usage? are you doing 10m or 25m? how far have you progressed as holy (without feeling like your being carried)? or better yet do you have a WoL we could read to see all that info

most dont, but i personally have the "glyph of divine plea" and use it around 250k (find the cast easier than pretty much sitting on my hands for 9 sec). stagger that with a spirit trink cd, should help a ton.

if need be, drop matching sockets (mainly your boots) for pure spirit for that extra little kick.
Edited by Jarshie on 2/26/2013 6:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I am new to MoP so take my advice with a grain of salt, but if you're having mana problems stack more spirit and reforge spirit. Also, I use divine plea at about 75% to 80% mana, so I can use it a few times per fight rather than waiting until I'm oom and struggling to breathe.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
no i don't have any logs for this b/c i have only done LFR atm iam building it to help out our second raid team b/c i MT and RL for our initial raid team.

My spell usage looks like holy shock > EF blanket if pratical > holy light

or for raid damage holy Shock> HR > HS > LoD ...

the problem iam running into is i have almost no mana postive heals that i can just cast
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Liltubbs
the problem iam running into is i have almost no mana postive heals that i can just cast

Nope. You don't. But then, you never did. HL has always cost mana.

Just get used to not casting some of the time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Liltubbs

This is true, and it is why you really need to micromanage your holy power usage. Holy paladins are balanced around assuming that a certain % of your time will be spent casting free heals (EF/LoD). Getting good at babysitting your HS cd will not only drive up your throughput but will increase your mana longevity, because you are generating more HoPo for mana-free casts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Mythrose

This is true, and it is why you really need to micromanage your holy power usage. Holy paladins are balanced around assuming that a certain % of your time will be spent casting free heals (EF/LoD). Getting good at babysitting your HS cd will not only drive up your throughput but will increase your mana longevity, because you are generating more HoPo for mana-free casts.

basically this... you should not really be ooming hardcore in lfr, unless you really are not paying attention to your mana (or you get the rare group that has really low geared/crappy healers). make sure to keep your divine plea on cd, try glyphing it to see if it feels better (as unglyphed you dont want to be casting with that 50% healing debuff)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
fights that i run into problems with is garalon and tsulong most other fights are pretty easy.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
02/26/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Liltubbs
fights that i run into problems with is garalon and tsulong most other fights are pretty easy.

Tsulong shouldn't be a problem what-so-ever...during the day phase, stand directly in front of him and absorb his sun-breath, it restores I believe 30% of base mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm new to paladin healing (started a few months ago), but I like to think I have above average mana efficiency so I'm qualified to give my 2c.
Just a few points:
I didn't realize this immediately but your beacon of light target receives 100% of holy light healing, so never cast holy light on them. By casting holy light on someone else, you're getting double the heals for the same amount of mana. I also use holy shock on CD. Glyph of holy shock gives back 1% mana which isn't shabby, although at a certain amount of spirit you're supposed to switch it out for something else. Our 2 piece set bonus reduces the cost of holy radiance making AoE much more efficient. With lots of holy shocks going out and the occasional cheap holy radiance, I have more holy power than I know what to do with. It was said before, but it's a great point:use divine plea and use it often. And if you get tired of playing as an ugly human, you can switch factions to horde and use Arcane Torrent for 2% more mana with divine pleas. This makes more of a difference than you might think. And finally, stack spirit. I'm going spirit>mastery and only go below 50% mana in groups where I'm carrying the other healers.

I'm sure you know most if not all of this, but don't feel like I'm insulting your intelligence or anything like that. I'm just tossing out all the mana related things I can think of.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Liltubbs

garalon lfr, can be pretty stressful with mana as its a combination of spread aoe healing and derp people just running around with their heads cut off
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Insight & Melee are your friends. If you're not actively casting, why not swing and regen mana?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You should get the Relic, or Spirits of the Sun. Preferrably both.

While you did not say that you are having mana problems, your post implies it - at 10k Spirit, you should not be having any serious mana problems.

If you are just looking for the missing Replenishment effects, you can blame Kaels. ;p

Riôt
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]