Rets for rbgs?

90 Human Paladin
So when I do RBGs I am always being told to go on my mage. So one day I asked why I can't play on my ret paladin? And I was told rets are horrible for RBGs. They're made for arenas. I want to have RBG titles on my paladin though:( guess I Have to switch to holy next season, unless my friends are just being stubborn. Any thoughts of rets being good for RBGs? If not give me a legit reason.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your team is crutching on caster cleave because they aren't good enough to run with melee, which is what the majority of teams do, because all of them are like that. The bar is just lower for a caster team, and people will go for the easiest way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Makes alot of sense. Thankyou:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They don't sound like very good friends to me.

One problem with Rets is that they bring nothing unique with class synergy. Holy Paladins have everything we do and strong healing abilities.

Before I found guilds that would take me, not even PUGs would touch me. I think of myself as a utility/support DPS. And I have a blast like that.
Reply Quote
Pretty sad that we have to be a "support" class in rbg. It's bad enough they have totally boned protection fc for rbg. Just one more class that can't tank in rbg, especially when they should be rewarded for conceding to actually tank in pvp. I hate the fact pallys are one of the original wow classes but we are getting the shaft compared to so many new classes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was lucky to get my RBG titles on this toon (this was first season on this toon) If your good enough you'll find a group. We're currently less viable than other classes in some areas but a ret on burst will !@!%@%#! and i've kept my fair share of teamates up and won a fight. We are support though just not as good as we will next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/28/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Cayse
Your team is crutching on caster cleave because they aren't good enough to run with melee, which is what the majority of teams do, because all of them are like that. The bar is just lower for a caster team, and people will go for the easiest way.

hear hear. honestly casters are somewhat better and blizz needs address this at some point, but i know in 5.2 i'll be able to carry my weight if i can just find the right teammates
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/02/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Cyberdrake
I was lucky to get my RBG titles on this toon (this was first season on this toon) If your good enough you'll find a group. We're currently less viable than other classes in some areas but a ret on burst will !@!%@%#! and i've kept my fair share of teamates up and won a fight. We are support though just not as good as we will next patch.

What your really trying to say is that you paid for a carry/pilot or win traded to 2200..
Love how all your ratings were achieved in 1 day yet all previous ratings were from 2012 and there's no arena achievements to back up your 'suggested skills'..

03/02/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Hafleur

hear hear. honestly casters are somewhat better and blizz needs address this at some point, but i know in 5.2 i'll be able to carry my weight if i can just find the right teammates

Casters have it over melee because let's face it.. Casters don't have to cast!!
They can instant silence, cc, and put out huge amounts of pain from a distance without actually casting. They are a warrior but do not require melee range.
If casters actually had to stop to cast then maybe we would see some more melee cleaves out there..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret's and rbgs don't belong in the same sentence. I have never been able to join one this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm in the same boat, I haven't been able to get one going for the same reasons mentioned above.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]