Choosing a grimoire next patch

90 Human Warlock
they are nerfing grimoire of sac next patch so i was think grim of supreme would be better, but what do you peeps think? :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Everything that I've read says that sup will be better, but because of scaling sac will override sup eventually beside outlier fights where you can't use sac effectively. Not sure if that's in near BiS, halfway through BiS, just in normal 5.2 gear, or what.

Edit: Running my own 5 minute tests on a DPS dummy with CoE up I found that Shiv did about 9.3k DPS, and Observer/Fel Imp did about 8.6k so it looks like Shiv may be best bet unless there is some scaling I don't know about, or the fight doesn't favor melee.
Edited by Varlth on 2/28/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
True true and what about pvp?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I don't do that thing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The sims I've run for myself would put Supremacy about even with Sacrifice, with Supremacy being slightly ahead. I'll be using Sacrifice still, as there's no travel time for the pet when switching targets when you don't have a pet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Point to be had in that sims won't account for target switching. If there is a lot of target switching Sac will probably be better then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My question is is this: What major glyphs should you use come next patch since they're removing the glyph of soul shards? For affliction obviously.

I was thinking maybe demon training + grimoire of sup wouldn't be a bad choice considering the nerf to sac. I haven't run any numbers though, not on the ptr myself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Anyone have any actual input?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Keeping Sac myself for Destro because of Havoc benefitting from it with CB/SB cleaves.

Afflic going Sup or Serv since I love the Fel Hunter, but not the Observer (aesthetically)

Demo Serv when I feel like shaking it up (usually just Macro the Serv with a Fel Guard and Dark Soul)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
My question is is this: What major glyphs should you use come next patch since they're removing the glyph of soul shards? For affliction obviously.

I was thinking maybe demon training + grimoire of sup wouldn't be a bad choice considering the nerf to sac. I haven't run any numbers though, not on the ptr myself.

soul swap
UA
healthstone
Soul swap isn't good on a lot of fights. UA will be necessary. that's about it, so prob UA, healthstone, soulstone or something.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

soul swap
UA
healthstone
Soul swap isn't good on a lot of fights. UA will be necessary. that's about it, so prob UA, healthstone, soulstone or something.

I agree that Soul Swap isn't the great because it doesn't allow you to SB:SS.

UA isn't going to be mandatory since it has a 1.5 sec cast time and the GCD won't be lowered with the Glyph. The .2 seconds won't let you start any other casts, it just to get UA off faster in PvP.

I would recommend for Afflic:

Siphon Life
Health Stone

and either Soul Consumption (if it can see use), Soul Stone, or Demonic Circle, the 3 of which are highly situational.
Edited by Methalos on 2/28/2013 8:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/28/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Methalos
UA isn't going to be mandatory since it has a 1.5 sec cast time and the GCD won't be lowered with the Glyph. The .2 seconds won't let you start any other casts, it just to get UA off faster in PvP.
You still apply the DoT faster meaning you get damage out faster. It's not a huge deal, but it's going to be a small DPS boost.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/28/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Madlawk
True true and what about pvp?

For pvp I'd say GoServ if aff/destro, since you can get a second silnce, a seduction on another player, etc.
For demo since the demon benefits from mastery, and you'll prob be using stuff like sacrificial pact, GoSup is pretty neat.

HOWEVER (if I could bring any more font changes to make this bigger I would) I wouldn't count GoSac as completely unviable for pvp yet. Depends on how warlock tankiness is tbh... it might be worth a bit less damage if you become much more tankier. 20% of your hp (or your hp in a shield, if you choose sacrificial pact anyways, DB is kinda silly with this as you can choose it no matter what talents you take) with 2% regen isn't neccessarily bad...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

soul swap
UA
healthstone

How is UA required? I know if a boss dispels it it's a small DPS increase, but for most bosses it's pretty much meh. Or do I just not know 5.2 bosses well enough for UA glyph?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's not going to be a big deal, but we don't really have a ton of glyphs that are. It's really the only glyph that will give you a DPS boost (albeit slight) in any situation. All the other options are pretty situational.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm sticking with Sac just to spite Ghostcrawler
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/28/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Loktronotron
You still apply the DoT faster meaning you get damage out faster. It's not a huge deal, but it's going to be a small DPS boost.

Only if you let UA fall off every time, but we refresh it before the last tick so it isn't a DPS boost.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]