Ideas for some Glyphs

90 Human Priest
Hello all,

Just had some ideas for a few glyphs for the priest class, specifically Spreists.

Glyph of Embrace of the Darkfallen - Allows your Vampiric Embrace to be cast on your enemies, and heals your party and raid members for 5% of your shadow damage every second done to that target. Lasts for 1 minute.

As it stands now I rarely use my Vampiric Embrace unless my group is taking substantial AoE damage. I think this glyph would make us more worthwhile to have in a raid, I tried to come up with a number that was useful without being overpowered.

Glyph of Past Shadows - Your Mind Flay spell now appears as a blue beam of shadow energy.

This is obviously purely cosmetic, but I miss the old face melting graphic we used to have in Vanilla and BC.

Also it's been talked about many times on this forum but we need a way to generate SO before a fight, like Boomkins can with Astral Communication. Something like

Gathering Shadow - You attempt to gather shadow energy from around you causing you to generate 1 Shadow Orb every second for 3 seconds. Can only be used while outside of combat.

Let me know what you think, or feel free to tear it apart. :-P
Reply Quote
Glyph of Embrace of the Darkfallen - Allows your Vampiric Embrace to be cast on your enemies, and heals your party and raid members for 5% of your shadow damage every second done to that target. Lasts for 1 minute.

As it stands now I rarely use my Vampiric Embrace unless my group is taking substantial AoE damage. I think this glyph would make us more worthwhile to have in a raid, I tried to come up with a number that was useful without being overpowered.

This would be good for boss fights and mobs that take a bit to kill, methinks. Question though: Can it only affect one target or can you spread it? If it only affects one target at a time, the one minute length seems good; if it can be put on other mobs, perhaps reducing the duration a bit.

Being the huge fan of Mind Sear that I am, I use Vampiric Embrace when we're fighting a lot of mobs. I put my DoTs on several, summon a Mindbender, VE, and Mind Sear. In my experience with this, it heals for a lot and is appreciated. <3 Mind Sear. So this personally isn't a glyph I would use but I can see its uses. Plus an awesome name; can't go wrong with that.

03/01/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Worship
Gathering Shadow - You attempt to gather shadow energy from around you causing you to generate 1 Shadow Orb every second for 3 seconds. Can only be used while outside of combat.

This would definitely have its uses. Considering the power bestowed upon the almighty boomies when they enter an eclipse, this is a good way to allow us to generate orbs without all of a sudden surpassing said boomies. Plus it'd be a nice way to prepare for a boss fight instead of having to suspend using DP or PH.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/01/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Gyiygstar
This would be good for boss fights and mobs that take a bit to kill, methinks. Question though: Can it only affect one target or can you spread it?

I was thinking single target only like the old VE. As far as orb generation I've seen people say they wanted something that can be cast that uses the the MB CD. This seems to me to be more useful in PvP allowing us to generate orbs on the move. I was thinking from a PvE perspective.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 03:24 PMPosted by Worship
This would be good for boss fights and mobs that take a bit to kill, methinks. Question though: Can it only affect one target or can you spread it?

I was thinking single target only like the old VE. As far as orb generation I've seen people say they wanted something that can be cast that uses the the MB CD. This seems to me to be more useful in PvP allowing us to generate orbs on the move. I was thinking from a PvE perspective.

I could go with something like that as well, something that differs radically from MB so that there can be certain situations where you'd think "Okay, X would be so much more useful than MB here."

New Shadow glyphs, or at least changing the current ones would be so nice. I'm not too fond of the ones we have now. The nerf to Glyph of Mind Spike makes it quite inferior, since I almost always only used MS when SoD proc'd; Glyph of Mind Blast seems appealing, but I'm not too sure if I'll be critting enough for it to make a difference.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
NMB
Glyph of VT
The cast time of Vampiric Touch is reduced by 25%.

Locks are getting this for UA. I want one to.

Glyph of SW:P
The damage of SW:P is increased by 10%.

I know Blizz has moved away from damage glyphs but I still want it.

Glyph of Devouring Plague
Devouring Plague no longer deals damage upfront and instead deals damage throughout its duration. Its damage is increased by 10%.

More dotty, less bursty.

Glyph of Shadowy Apparitions
Shadowy Apparitions no longer deal damage but instead horrify the target in place for 3 secs when they strike.

PvP glyph.

Glyph of Psychic Horror
Psychic Horror no longer has an orb cost but will always be cast as if one orb was used.

Formalise what we do anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]