Do not need to put [a] Cause there is no [H]

90 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys really dont have to put [A] it is assumed because well there is no horde.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For the Horde!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Ez Style still going strong?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Xen used to be a horde guild, an no EZ style has pretty much died because if never having a full raid team.

Gonna be blunt here - Horde is completely dead now on sarg.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I felt like IW was keeping that side lively, but it died off when MoP hit and nobody was raiding Org or doing TB anymore
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I miss love.

Edit: Did IW transfer off, or did they just stop playing?
Edited by Caesarnick on 3/3/2013 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I believe it was a mix for IW. A lot of players transferred of killing the rest of the guild.

It's just sad how barren horde side is now.. Our guild is trying to get a raid team together and it's hard to find reliable members.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
If you guys were to raid on weekends, i might faction change a alt, or level one. Always wanted to try horde for the racials, damn op racials :P lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Gonna be blunt here - Horde is completely dead now on sarg.

It was dead a looooooong time ago. People just didnt want to see that fact and kept trying to push forward. :S
Edited by Halo on 3/4/2013 2:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oblig - We raid Fridays and Saturdays 9:00 Server time. We are looking for a tank, and a healer. We are testing a dps this coming weekend, and if it works out then DPS spots are full, however if it does not workout then there is an open DPS spot.

Halo- No one is trying to push forward. No one wants to pay tons of money to transfer all their hard work off. A person like myself who has nearly all professions at 600 and such does not have the time to spend redoing that work on another server. Also does not care to give a company that does not attempt to fix the problem a fat load of cash for a game that I paid full for each expac for.

In before transferring is not *THAT* expensive.
Saying 250$ worth of transfers is not a lot of money is like looking at the poverty stricken American with a 600$ cell phone. Priority my friends. This game has done nothing to compliment my life and I have bills to pay. If a car costs $3000 to fix, and its only worth $2000 to sell when totally working, you buy a new car. (New game in this example)

Im sure this is not the case for everyone or even for most people, but I started this game when I was in high school. I am about to graduate with my MBA degree, I work full time, I play a few sports, not tooting my own horn just letting you know where my priorities sit in the world of video games and that's at the bottom of the rung.

Then again, I never really complained about the low population cause I farm my own mats, have my own professions maxed, and have a fair amount of gold :)
Edited by Emancipation on 3/4/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Halo- No one is trying to push forward. No one wants to pay tons of money to transfer all their hard work off. A person like myself who has nearly all professions at 600 and such does not have the time to spend redoing that work on another server. Also does not care to give a company that does not attempt to fix the problem a fat load of cash for a game that I paid full for each expac for.

In before transferring is not *THAT* expensive.
Saying 250$ worth of transfers is not a lot of money is like looking at the poverty stricken American with a 600$ cell phone. Priority my friends. This game has done nothing to compliment my life and I have bills to pay. If a car costs $3000 to fix, and its only worth $2000 to sell when totally working, you buy a new car. (New game in this example)

Im sure this is not the case for everyone or even for most people, but I started this game when I was in high school. I am about to graduate with my MBA degree, I work full time, I play a few sports, not tooting my own horn just letting you know where my priorities sit in the world of video games and that's at the bottom of the rung.

Then again, I never really complained about the low population cause I farm my own mats, have my own professions maxed, and have a fair amount of gold :)

I was talking in the past tense, not the current.

Also what does your professions have to do with transferring? Im totally lost on this reasoning since you dont lose your professions when you move a character - unless you are referring to having multiple toons with every profession and only moving one character. If thats what you mean, thats silly. Thats what the AH and your Guild Bank is for.

The price excuse, imo, not a good one. I have easily spent as much as a car on this game since I also started playing when i was in high school 8 years ago. I too am a college student and work full time. If the time you put into this game is worth it, moving a character wouldnt be a big deal. I recently dumped $200 to move all my toons back to Sargeras because it was worth it to play with my best friends. There are several good reasons to put that kind of money into the game for some people; because to most of us Old Schoolers, its about our friends now, not about the game itself.

Also, I think if you were to look at your transaction fees and calculate every month youve give Blizzard $15, youd realize that transferring your toons off Horde Sarg is an investment not a penalty. Im sure youve spent way more then you realize.

If you dont want to move either off server or to alliance, thats totally ok and your choice as you do have your priorities straight. All Im saying is that in the long run its better in every way to just suck it up and move on - either dump the game or get off Horde Sarg. :P

Edit - However, dont get me wrong, $25-55 a toon is expensive and over priced. I will never disagree to that. It just if you have a reason worth paying it or not and thats something we all have to decide for ourselves.
Edited by Halo on 3/4/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The proffesions have to do with everything. Unlike most players who bot/cheat/buy gold/ play the game for 40+ hours a week, I do none of the above (Not assuming you do, but most players do) I get a mear 10 hours of play time at this point in my life.

Your focused on moving A character. The big picture here is that moving ONE character LEAVES my professions behind. I am not like you (Yes im assuming) I don't care about mounts, achievements, or any of the vanity "crap" therefore masking those account wide does nothing for a person like myself. I care about the time and work I put into my professions which for a player like me is a lot.

As for "transaction costs" you can spin it any way you want. If I pay 15$ a month for A and one day pay an ADDITIONAL x amount, then I am thus paying x amount MORE. B wow is a dying game from every angle, its heading towards its 9th year at this point.

I believe you a college kid and working full time, though slight difference between us I'm sure. I am not tooting my horn, rather alerting you of MY schedule.

I work full time 8-530 M-F
Class 7-10 M-W
Meaning I leave home at 745 and arrive back at 1030 M-W - In my type of job making mistakes causes you the job so I cant get just a few hours of sleep (Im not working retail - or doing grunt work)
I play hockey on Thursdays for my familys adult league team (Played 12 years competitive before)
So now Im down to Fridays after 5:30 Saturdays / Sundays. I have homework to do - Lots a Masters degree requires more than average work. So subtract the time it takes to do homework out - Gotta do housework (I don't live like a pig and I live on my own - So I clean) Once all is said and done welcome to my free time. Now I have a choice - WoW or Real Life. I split it half and half which leaves me with approximately 10 hours a week..

I am not in the least bit complaining. Just would like you to notice that not ALL people think the game is important enough to spend 25$ to transfer EACH character. Don't try a 1 character argument for a CASUAL player like me professions are the HARDEST thing and MOST TIME CONSUMING to increase. No i am not going to tip some rip off cheap-scape when I ALREADY HAVE THE PROFESSIONS MAXED on my own server.

For the record let my achievement points compare to yours to show you where this game really sits on my priorities. You may notice I do nothing in this game that's time consuming (Farming rep / mounts / pets / battle pets / dungeons / ETC)

Lastly I digress, this game is a penalty at life - I know very few people who play this game and make over 6 digits, while they do exist - most successful people in my MBA studies do not play ANY video games. So spending money into a game is a penalty - Just not one people are ready to realize. Very few people realize HOW much time they spend on this game. What one may think is an hour is really 2.. What feels like 2 hours is really 4.

For the record if anyone cares Halo and I are discussing we are NOT flaming eachother. I <3 Halo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, I honestly never targeted moving just one character. I think you misunderstood me there, and this accounted for half of your reply to me. Moving multiple toons is why I put over $200 into transfers since Dragon Soul so I could have all my kids on one server, be happy with my guild, and play with my friends.

I do find it interesting you value your professions so highly though. To most players and even admitted by the developers, the profession system in this game sucks. Its not used enough by individuals, its easier to buy off the AH(especially with the gold inflation that started in Cata and only went up in MoP), and the stats they give to the character for the most part are miniscule. If I wanted to, I could drop 10k or farm for a while and max a profession from 1-600 and have the same recipes you do in less then a few days. Of all the things to profess hard work and pride in on WoW, I would not think professions to be one of them.

Yes, Wow is dieing, but I feel that MoP helped stop some of the bleeding. Imo, Blizz did a decent job with this content and I find myself excited again like I used to be for whats yet to come.(!@#$ dailies though....)

Most of my ridiculous game played time & achievements came during my early years in college when I was not working; but as you get higher into the 20s of your life, its just not realistic to not work. I have significantly slowed down my game time since Vanilla/BC. So I understand only having around 10 or less hours to play. During the summer, or peak vaction times in my area, I work a lot of over time in my industry. For those months its not uncommon to see me only online for raids.

Theres nothing wrong with being casual at all. However, you do miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer if you dont go out into the world and do extra things. Not telling you what to do or how to play, just saying WoW is a pretty big game. I personally cant imagine not doing the extra things you mentioned, this game would get so old so fast without those options.

Honestly, I have known many people that make stupid amounts of money and play video games. Obviously not as common as the average joe, military man/woman, or college student gamer genres, but they do exists more then you would think. In my experience, they are just very modest and dont broadcast it. You prolly have known a few in your time but just werent aware what they made or did for a living.

Also I dont disagree with the time warp MMos or other living world games(Skyrim) provide. I feel that is half of their enticement to play. Its very easy to lose track of time here & forget about your problems, but thats why you have to build good time management skills in order to play this game the way you want and have a life.

P.S. <3 debates and <3 you too
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, I honestly never targeted moving just one character. I think you misunderstood me there, and this accounted for half of your reply to me. Moving multiple toons is why I put over $200 into transfers since Dragon Soul so I could have all my kids on one server, be happy with my guild, and play with my friends.

1) My friends were on sargeras, and they have since quit the game. So I can't move for that reason. 2) I am very happy with my guild :)

I do find it interesting you value your professions so highly though. To most players and even admitted by the developers, the profession system in this game sucks. Its not used enough by individuals, its easier to buy off the AH(especially with the gold inflation that started in Cata and only went up in MoP), and the stats they give to the character for the most part are miniscule. If I wanted to, I could drop 10k or farm for a while and max a profession from 1-600 and have the same recipes you do in less then a few days. Of all the things to profess hard work and pride in on WoW, I would not think professions to be one of them.

Maybe playing on a server where buying it on the AH meant my entire lump of gold for 1 item, or was just not an option has taught me to become more appreciative of my professions. BTW I have some rare recipe's not sure you could have them in just a few days unless you play often and get lucky with some raid drops :)

Yes, Wow is dieing, but I feel that MoP helped stop some of the bleeding. Imo, Blizz did a decent job with this content and I find myself excited again like I used to be for whats yet to come.(!@#$ dailies though....)

I enjoy Mop. I have less time to play now though :/

Most of my ridiculous game played time & achievements came during my early years in college when I was not working; but as you get higher into the 20s of your life, its just not realistic to not work. I have significantly slowed down my game time since Vanilla/BC. So I understand only having around 10 or less hours to play. During the summer, or peak vaction times in my area, I work a lot of over time in my industry. For those months its not uncommon to see me only online for raids.

Online only for raids -- It is what I do now. It was PVP until everyone left now its raids.

Theres nothing wrong with being casual at all. However, you do miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer if you dont go out into the world and do extra things. Not telling you what to do or how to play, just saying WoW is a pretty big game. I personally cant imagine not doing the extra things you mentioned, this game would get so old so fast without those options.

I can't go out into the world. It is a big scary place with these monster's they call Alliance. I can't defend myself against 10 of them. (Game doesnt get old when u get on to raid twice a weekend :) and thats it )

Honestly, I have known many people that make stupid amounts of money and play video games. Obviously not as common as the average joe, military man/woman, or college student gamer genres, but they do exists more then you would think. In my experience, they are just very modest and dont broadcast it. You prolly have known a few in your time but just werent aware what they made or did for a living.

I know some that do as-well. You say more than I think, - But I say less than you may imagine :)

Also I dont disagree with the time warp MMos or other living world games(Skyrim) provide. I feel that is half of their enticement to play. Its very easy to lose track of time here & forget about your problems, but thats why you have to build good time management skills in order to play this game the way you want and have a life.

P.S. <3 debates and <3 you too

<3 YOU!!!!!
Edited by Emancipation on 3/5/2013 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
/wave

My real question is, why pay to xfer if Blizz is gonna let their own servers roll over and die...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/wave

My real question is, why pay to xfer if Blizz is gonna let their own servers roll over and die...

Because... Why subject yourself to ahorrible play environment while still paying said company????

If your going to play the game at least play it in an enjoyable environment. You can call Horde Sarg enjoyable if you want, but that just shows how much blizzard owns you. If you believe this then Blizzard has convinced you to pay them for a crappy environment. Man, best customer in the world I do my job poorly offer you a way out for less than two months of what you pay to play... and instead you pay for the horrible service.
Edited by Emancipation on 3/9/2013 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]