Ret: What T3 talent will you take Tuesday?

90 Human Paladin
I'm torn between Selfless Healer and Eternal Flame. Not a big S.Shield fan but it also looks good!

Since both Selfless Healer and Eternal Flame got huge upgrades, I can't quite decide which to take. I do a lot of solo content, small group, LFR, and occasional BGs. I"m leaning towards SH. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I thought that Selfless Healer was nerfed...

EDIT: Selfless healer WAS nerfed. Sacrad Shield too. It's Blizzard's old way: nerf popular talents to the ground to encourage the use of the others.
Edited by Demithelon on 3/4/2013 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Selfless Healer's buff to ally-healing was reduced, but this is more than counterbalanced by the Sword of Light FoL buff. SH FoLs will be stronger in 5.2 than they are now, both for self-healing and on allies.

I'm probably gonna stick with Selfless Healer most of the time still, personally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
EDIT: Selfless healer WAS nerfed. Sacrad Shield too. It's Blizzard's old way: nerf popular talents to the ground to encourage the use of the others.

Selfless healer was buffed for RET only:

Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60% (was 33/66/100%).

BUT
Sword of Light now increases Flash of Light by 100% (was 30%).
Edited by Greengoo on 3/4/2013 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh yes, I hadn't seen the SH that way, thanks. =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Did you care to scroll down a bit and see the huge buff to flash of light from SoL?
Edited by Solvexx on 3/4/2013 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a tank, I'm still going to use Sacred Shield. With Vengeance, it's a free 50-60k absorb every 4.8 seconds with my Haste. Delicious.

-- Edit --

Oh, wait. I didn't see this was for Ret. Silly me.
Edited by Emberstone on 3/4/2013 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Still selfless healer for me

In PVP the periodic nature of eternal flame just doesn't line up with reality
Combine that with an option that is holy power neutral yet allows for burst healing, I just don't think there's a lot of contest

As for pve it allows for off healing with a minuscule sacrifice of damage. I have saved many a boss attempt with it
Edited by Iliriel on 3/4/2013 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Selfless Healer is amazing it's by far the most versatile of the 3 talents for Ret. Unless there's another fight like Bladelord or Garalon with constant raid wide damage that I need to mitigate to survive I see no reason why I should switch out of Selfless Healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Stickin with Selfless Healer, i do well with it and the buff to SoL should substitute the nerf to SH.

Not that I'm a pro or anything
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I too will be sticking with SH. In addition to being great support for your team, those instant cast FoLs are nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd stick with SH too. Extremely helpful in my opinion especially when it crits
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you ever do significant raiding, there's a lot to be said for keeping an extra Sacred Shield on the tank; my raid runs with six Paladins (a Prot, two Holy, three Ret) and it made healing through Heroic Gara'jal tremendously easier while we were learning it.

If you're more into PvP, you take Selfless Healer and don't look back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]