Quest NPC Sharing - another blow to healers

1 Blood Elf Paladin
Quest / Rare NPC Sharing
When you encounter another player killing a rare spawn or quest flagged NPC, you can just start to help them kill it. Doing so will increase the maximum health of the NPC by 50%

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/february/thumb/NPCSharingIsCaring.jpg

Many healers rely on doing quests with their friends in order to get dailies done without having to maintain an unwanted DPS spec. Now those healers will present an even bigger burden to their friends, as the presence of a healer will now increase the quest mob's health by 50%.

The whole time, your friend will probably be thinking about how much easier it would be, if you weren't there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think this is the silliest post I have read all day. Please go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well. That's just. Like. Your opinion. Man.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually, no, no, and no.

You're far from a burden. Sure, the HP goes up - but the fact that you can support your group and let them pewpew to their heart's content makes it go faster, even with the increase in HP.

Run it like a dungeon in a tank/healer/dps group and while HP is higher, nobody dies if you get extras, CC and kiting aren't needed to avoid mechanics a tank can absorb, and you get more loot overall as far as chances since people tend to joyfully pull everything under those conditions.

And it's fun. I know, perish the thought.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
03/05/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Tiriel
I think this is the silliest post I have read all day. Please go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

We shouldn't bring healers to raids because those spots could be filled by DPS which make the boss die faster.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/05/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Convictfish

We shouldn't bring healers to raids because those spots could be filled by DPS which make the boss die faster.

I'm okay with this. We don't need healers anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
03/05/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Fistlobster

He's a Nihilist Donny, he doesn't believe in anything.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/06/2013 02:23 AMPosted by Largemarge

He's a Nihilist Donny, he doesn't believe in anything.

Oh, that must be exhausting.
Reply Quote
Just a little piece of advice: If your "friends" would really be concerned with an NPC increasing it's health by 50% to the extent they would be "omg this would be so much easier without him here!" it is probably time to find better friends.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just a little piece of advice: If your "friends" would really be concerned with an NPC increasing it's health by 50% to the extent they would be "omg this would be so much easier without him here!" it is probably time to find better friends.

Or just hit it anyway because you still get credit even if you're not grouped.
Reply Quote
Or just hit it anyway because you still get credit even if you're not grouped.

That would work as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Just a word of advice to you all. In the future, when you see a post like this, always check the person posting. When it's a Lv.1 alt, you can be almost absolutely certain that it is someone who is trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just a word of advice to you all. In the future, when you see a post like this, always check the person posting. When it's a Lv.1 alt, you can be almost absolutely certain that it is someone who is trolling.

Don't really care if they're trolling or not. :-P
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

^^^^^
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Or, if you're completely unwilling to switch to a dps spec for some odd reason, dish out some damage instead of complaining. Doesn't matter if it's a minimal help, it's better than sitting on your thumb all the time.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 3/6/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
With the addition of a healer, all DPS have the luxury of pulling like a demo lock, which makes questing actually fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Or, if you're completely unwilling to switch to a dps spec for some odd reason, dish out some damage instead of complaining. Doesn't matter if it's a minimal help, it's better than sitting on your thumb all the time.

I do all my dailies as Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/06/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Tiriel

I do all my dailies as Disc.

Disc is actually quicker than I thought it would be. Penance hits pretty hard, almost as hard as Mind Blast for Shadow per tick. With 4pT14 it's about ~160k damage every 4 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Disc is actually quicker than I thought it would be. Penance hits pretty hard, almost as hard as Mind Blast for Shadow per tick. With 4pT14 it's about ~160k damage every 4 seconds.

Yep, and I'm super mobile and my bubbles are so beefy that I pretty much never take damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
friends are for the weak
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]