Unholy DK PvP Guide (5.4)

90 Human Death Knight
What should we do against monks? everytime i run against WW in arenas i get disarmed so long and so often its frustating (@#$% ring of fake peace). Is it worth in this case to use a weapon with sword-shattering rune? Id rather have more uptime and less dmg than RotFC and barely any uptime on my target.
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Death Knight
great advice for myself having my first DK, and i love the content. glad to have a guide to make myself a better player.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hey Pachy! Great job on the guide again. Only change i would make is to update the Jewelcrafting Gems to Resplendent Serpent's Eye.

Also, for people who have trouble keeping up necrotics, I macro my Blood Tap with Necrotic Strike. It works for me pretty well, its kinda nice.

I agree with the resplendent Serpent eye as your jewelcrafting gems.

However, you should NOT macro blood tap to necrotic strike. the beauty of blood tap is to have an extra rune available for whenever you need it, mostly for necrotics, but you will never be able to setup burst if you don't allow your blood tap to stack and keep using it every time you press necrotic strike.

What i do is have my blood tap bound to the same key as necrotic strike, but with a modifier.
I press W for necrotic strike, and Shift+W for blood tap. Once you get used to it you'll find yourself becoming more aware of your runes and finding the optimal time to use blood tap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
So, for rbgs should I cast Gorefiend's Grasp on myself or my target?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
So, for rbgs should I cast Gorefiend's Grasp on myself or my target?
See a RoF? See a Vortex? Run over to it and grip everyone onto you. (If you're close nough that is.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Cant seem to find solid info on haste vs mastery. And if haste is best what breaking point are we trying to reach?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/31/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Bieberfever
And no disrespect intended but the guy who wrote this guide is 1600 rated in arenas (2s) and 1800 in rbgs. Shouldn't we be looking to a more experienced/competent DK with a guide as to how to play Unholy proper?

*sigh*
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Pachyderm
*sigh*

Gets on your nerves, doesn't it?
Imagine how I feel.

Either this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523643RjISg

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdfvuwufm4
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
And no disrespect intended but the guy who wrote this guide is 1600 rated in arenas (2s) and 1800 in rbgs. Shouldn't we be looking to a more experienced/competent DK with a guide as to how to play Unholy proper? Or at least, why are we sticky'ing this one? [edit] Or perhaps i missed something about the authors experience.

This is a compilation of information that Pachyderm has gathered from other DK PvPer's. High end pvper's don't care about the general public in wow except for maybe a few like Reinhart(actually he's pretty much the only one that I know of from any class who does).

As for judging someone's skill based on arena ratings alone maybe you should improve on your own before questioning others. Looking at your gear and pvp achieves Pachyderm may as well be a 2.2k+ unholy DK as far as you should be concerned.

As for the reforges, which have been stated many times mastery>haste if your taking the blood tap talent if not then haste>mastery.
Reply Quote
So gc is going to do something to stop us from sitting in blood presence. Good change? Bad?

I'm ok with it
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Great Guide Pachy. Thanks for all the useful info.
Reply Quote
S'cuse me for fighting mid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]