Unholy DK PvP Guide (5.4)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I honestly find Glyph of Shifting Presences to be one of the best glyphs.

You mentioned it's easy to dump RP before shifting, but have you considered the 1 to 3 (4 if full RP and Suddem Doom) GCDs that you might have to spend in order to waste as little RP as possible? Also, more importantly, it is invaluable to have some RPs waiting for you when you shift to Blood Presence to immediately use Conversion with.

Having to blow GCDs before shifting and having no RP after shifting will most probably spell death.

Glyph of Dark Simulacrum is another solid option that you're forgoing, especially useful against CC heavy teams.

You may also be interested to put this Conversion macro trick to your guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWS9v73k0EU
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hey Pachy is there any reason you chose pvp power/mastery gems instead of pvp power/strength? Isn't strength our top stat to gem for this patch?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Tense imperial amethyst
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Found on a site that for my Frost DK in PvP for 5.3 I should gem in blue sockets Solid River's Heart (240 Stamina) or Sovereign Imperial Amethyst (80 Strength / 120 Stamina) instead of Tense Imperial Amethyst (80 Strength / 80 PvP Power). And people are saying that gemming PvP Power and Resil is useless because they got cut in half and because the 65% Resil on everyone too, read that both are not as effective now. So I'm a little bit confused about what to do. Also I read about a lot of PvE geared people doing great in PvP, is this true?

And for which gem should I go for my Frost DK? They say the Stamina is for survival, but I don't know that gemming PvP Power there really helps you do a lot more damage or what.
Reply Quote
Found on a site that for my Frost DK in PvP for 5.3 I should gem in blue sockets Solid River's Heart (240 Stamina) or Sovereign Imperial Amethyst (80 Strength / 120 Stamina) instead of Tense Imperial Amethyst (80 Strength / 80 PvP Power). And people are saying that gemming PvP Power and Resil is useless because they got cut in half and because the 65% Resil on everyone too, read that both are not as effective now. So I'm a little bit confused about what to do. Also I read about a lot of PvE geared people doing great in PvP, is this true?

And for which gem should I go for my Frost DK? They say the Stamina is for survival, but I don't know that gemming PvP Power there really helps you do a lot more damage or what.

I would take whatever Noxxic writes with a grain of salt.
Reply Quote
Why does it seem like Death's Embrace glyph isn't working? I use it and I heal my minion but it doesn't refund the 20 RP. Thanks. ^_^

If you Death Coil your pet when it's at full health, it doesn't return 20 RP.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
How should I reforge my gear I'm really confused
Reply Quote
I found that playing as unholy i regenerated runes pretty damn quickly especially using blood tap for death runes, but Frost dk does way more burst and its burst that really matters in 5.3+

Also Unholy has better utility with minion which may give better advantage in 2v2, but for 3v3 fdk utility is high damage
Edited by Ðeimøs on 5/28/2013 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Pachy what about the Tyr Primal Diamond Meta Gem, is it worth taking over the normal str meta gem?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
http://www.wowhead.com/item=95348/tyrannical-primal-diamond
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]