Unholy DK PvP Guide (5.4)

90 Human Death Knight
No need for tons of pages. The only point you need to know is to respec frost. Unholy can't do enough burst to take down a geared healer in 5.2. Dot damage which is supposed to cause pressure is still crap, and healers can spam 100k non crit heals all day.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
03/01/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Pachyderm
Is it really just 2 now?

Yes, all !@#$s equalized.

320*2=640
160*2=320
--------------
Gotten amount: 320 str.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Thanks a bunch for posting this, stickied :)

I will say that it feels a bit too, oh what's the word, abridged? It feels like you don't explain enough things in detail, such as ability descriptions, why certain things are useful at certain moments, etc.

The part in the talent section where you talk about lichborne and the level 57 tier is a good example. A true beginner won't have intimate knowledge of what all these abilities do and how to use them effectively. You should include descriptions of EVERY ability, and explain why and how it's useful or preferential.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I feel you are neglecting remorseless winter. It may be in theory hard to apply but many people actually take very little notice of it so they get stunned anyway, anyway you can always use it as a slow or as a repellent against Melee classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's about time you made a new unholy pvp guide Pachyderm...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
8 hours later, still no sticky.

IT HAS BEGUN.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/01/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Pachyderm
I had this period of time where I kept calling it Dark Pact. I don't know why.

Well Dark Pact was a spell, so it's not completely out of the blue.

A lock spell, but still!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/01/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Henery
I feel you are neglecting remorseless winter. It may be in theory hard to apply but many people actually take very little notice of it so they get stunned anyway, anyway you can always use it as a slow or as a repellent against Melee classes.

Remorseless winter is definitely not even comparable to DG in arena or GG in rbgs. It occasionally stuns someone, versus a second trinket or amazing synergistic ability.

Also in your stat priority, I don't think str/crit/mastery should be above pvp power, and I wouldn't gem bold in anything, rather str/resil in red sockets.

Under glyphs, glyph of death grip is heavily employed for rbgs. It's also important to note that ams glyph causes your shield to break sooner, which removes your immunity to magic based cc- sometimes a very bad thing against caster cleaves.

Under macros, it can be useful to macro leap to gnaw with unholy to make sure your stuns go off.

Another aspect I might talk about is the importance of transforming your pet, holding gnaw/leap for xform, and how to xform faster/pool rp during xform to reapply after it wears off.

Otherwise looks like a good start
Edited by Merendia on 3/2/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Bump, this needs to get stickied.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
I think Pachy pulled a Dave Chapelle.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/02/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Pachyderm
I may have to delegate this guide to someone else. I think it's time to move on from Death Knight.

why's that...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So 1 day on the job and you quit?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
03/02/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Pachyderm
I had an epiphany and wanted to try something new.
You'll come back.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Called it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]