Unholy DK PvP Guide (5.4)

90 Tauren Death Knight
Props for writing an Unholy PVP Guide - Voted for Sticky!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm very predictable.

Or just lazy. I'd rather not reestablish myself on a new toon, I don't have the strength.

Time to get down and dirty with Unholy.

The grass most definitely was not greener on the other side.

I'm glad I figured it out a day later instead of a month later.
I have been in that same boat more than once, I know how you feel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Pachy, you rock! Thanks for taking the time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As much as I want to try unholy, my mind is melting when I try to read this. I'm gonna have to work so hard. Frost is uber easy so I'm not used to working D:
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks Pachy... I switched a few of my talents around this morning. This is better imho and I have been playing UH for quite some time. I wasn't getting the rolling blood thing for some reason. Got it now! ty!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/03/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Leiroy
As much as I want to try unholy, my mind is melting when I try to read this. I'm gonna have to work so hard. Frost is uber easy so I'm not used to working D:

It's okay WoW isn't ready for UH paladins yet =P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Although you are correct about the undead vs. orc racials, I would like to add that the undead racial actually benefits from our mastery giving more damage and healing. So realistically I would say they are equal.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Doesn't the size of Necrotic Strike's absorb come from how much attack power you have? For me, that's the biggest selling point for going Orc, while pet damage and everything else seem like cake.

In random BGs (yeah, I know, who cares), I've seen Touch of the Grave be up to 6% of my total damage. It'll hit in the low-to-high teens depending on gear, and the heal is on par with Rune of the Fallen Crusader's with an even slightly better chance to proc. But slow, over-time-it-adds-up pressure is not really what PvP is about right now. Blood Fury in conjunction with things like NS, Dark Transformation, and Gary makes more sense to me. So I wouldn't say TotG is negligible, just that it's style of dealing damage is probably more suited for PvE, where slow and steady wins the race.
Edited by Ëmpy on 3/4/2013 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Woah Pachy, did you just delete your youtube account or something? D:
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Yes. That !@#$ is passé.
I might make a PvP compilation video, but I'm through with all that other stuff. I didn't find it fun to do after a while and decided to rid myself of the burden completely.

I feel good, like a weight's been lifted. Now I can concentrate on actually playing the game.

I can understand that, though please don't feel like you owe someone something, if ya don't want to do it, don't do it :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
the only moment i ever choose RW in arenas is against KFC.. stopping Stampede for 6 seconds and forcing the warrior to stop attacking you for a few seconds or use his trinket can be the difference between victory and defeat.. so ye it can used as a "get off me bro" button against melee, but none of that applies to casters.. if u choose RW against a caster cleave u are not prepared to face life..
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
LAG
Soul Reaper: Our execute; be sure to use this when the enemy will dip below 35%, even if it doesn’t kill them you’ll receive a generous haste bonus for a short time;

wait what, really?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/05/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Pvpnèss
Soul Reaper: Our execute; be sure to use this when the enemy will dip below 35%, even if it doesn’t kill them you’ll receive a generous haste bonus for a short time;

wait what, really?
thats assuming the target dies before the debuff explodes otherwise you get nothing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]