39s Thread of Rapid Escalation

<chops angry>

Since everyone would like us to stop being carebears...

I'm pretty tired of listening to people whine. Either start contributing to the brackets success or GTFO. Period. It's super easy to stand back and tear down the effort others make. It's much more difficult to actually invest yourself in building something worthwhile... even if it's only worthwhile to a few people who play niche bracket in a video game.

You leeches have stepped on my last nerve. You give nothing and expect everyone else to fix problems you point out but offer no solutions to. You whine and whine about how this broken and "someone should do something about this" but aren't prepared to step up and take a leadership role in fixing it. Instead, you exist off the efforts of others, hopping to a new bracket, a new game, a new hobby, whatever, when the efforts of others will no longer sustain you.

More than veterans who still suck (me!), more than noobs, more than people playing FotM classes... YOU are what is wrong with this bracket, this game and (dare I say) our society on the whole.

Creators and builders are the people who matter and you can count yourself as neither. Until you remedy this, kindly sit down and shut up. Grown ups are talking.

</chops angry>

So.

Lets move forward. Solutions?

1) Teams, strongly encourage your teammates who are warriors to spec Arms or Fury unless they are FCing. You have this guarantee from me and I'm pretty sure Buck, Hulk, Sun and that little gnome guy are also on board. We don't have any way to enforce this except through mockery on the forums and vent and maybe resorting to forced AFKs. I'm comfortable with that.

2) Those of you who are the upper tier players on your classes, start looking into maybe playing the less than awesome spec, at least for a game or two. You'll make it look sexy and people will follow your example. Just look at how cool Buck makes Fury look. Don't worry, we won't forget that you're an awesome player.

3) Those of us who arent great, lets commit to fixing that. I've never really cared to get better because I'm good enough to entertain myself. But if my lack of skill is holding back someone elses fun [something Id never considered before reading this thread], then it's in my nature to fix that.

4) Everyone do their part. This is a community. I work very hard to suppress my natural urge to be snarky and cynical because I came back really relishing in the "everyone hold hands on wed-fri nights and lets play a game" mentality. But I realize that some conflict drives people so maybe I'll turn the snark up a notch. Not because I think it's right but because I'm willing to modify my behavior for the good of the bracket. Ask yourself if what you're doing is good for the bracket or if it's just good for you. If you want this to succeed, YOU have to make a concerted effort.

Anywho. There's the Chops Plan for 39 Success in 5.2. Lets hash it out, yea?

yea sure, but does that mean if i FC and decide to roflstomp some ppl thats been whining too much i have to change specs? muahaha
24 Blood Elf Warrior

Nah, I live in Avondale now. And yourself?

And yea, he likely would, but times have sure changed, and people mature.

Yeah, I know. Hard to believe some of that stuff was 6-7 years ago. I live in Goodyear.

Add me on battletag so I can stalk you: Sober#1585.

Edit: wrong toon

added

neat, i gotta 24 too

yea sure, but does that mean if i FC and decide to roflstomp some ppl thats been whining too much i have to change specs? muahaha

and see, this is why i think we should start discussing druid and monk FCs...

Have a monk in works for heals/fc or heals/dps horde side but....

Hunt down Torewold (Bearplane in his short Nightfall stint). Damn near impossible to find and follow, let alone kill.

At the nightfall merge, it was strange seeing mages spec frost instead of fire and prot warriors nearly always as FCs. In Reckoning, there was a clearly different play style and class makeup. Druid, Priest, Arcane, Shaman and Prot Paladins all carried the flag well. The burst wasn't as gross as it is now, but healing was nowhere near as effective either.

The game doesn't always have to be played the same way. Different class and spec makeups bring different play styles which should force a change of field conditions. I remember the trash talk that Zen always caught for playing combat, but on my prot war he was the only rogue that I felt easily countered me.

I'm mostly an armchair quarterback at this stage and haven't had consistent playtime since BC, but I have a couple of non-warrior toons in the works and will eventually be back in the queue and generally lowering the quality of play once again. I'd hate for you all to !@#$ it up and have game nights come to an end.
39 Human Priest
so much to read

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/22520131202200.gif

I concur with Chop's post.
Gonna play Holy priest tomorrow. Chastise for everyone!
Edited by Devíka on 3/8/2013 3:27 AM PST
39 Night Elf Druid
This is a good depiction of the thread

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/July-23-2011-17-19-52-fine.jpg
Edited by Vendol on 3/8/2013 3:38 AM PST
will not make games tonight, got free tickets to see the miami heat play tonight so have fun with your cold weather as i bask in the sun in south florida.

cause you guys know only Sun can live in Sunny weather......

At the nightfall merge, it was strange seeing mages spec frost instead of fire and prot warriors nearly always as FCs. In Reckoning, there was a clearly different play style and class makeup. Druid, Priest, Arcane, Shaman and Prot Paladins all carried the flag well. The burst wasn't as gross as it is now, but healing was nowhere near as effective either.

Anyone remember the like... 3 months of succesful frost mage FCing?
39 Human Paladin
Anyone know a good place where i can see stat % by level? like how much crit 1 crit rating gives at 39? also was wondering if it is possible to use alchemist flask at 39.
03/08/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Kaisei
Anyone know a good place where i can see stat % by level? like how much crit 1 crit rating gives at 39?

You can look up heirloom items on wowhead, use their little slider bar to adjust the level and then the tooltip should tell you how much that stat provides at 39. Use math to figure out the rest.

also was wondering if it is possible to use alchemist flask at 39.

Nope. But there are some pretty awesome potions and elixirs available. For the record, free action pots are a very quick way to get yourself disliked. But otherwise, go nuts.
39 Human Paladin
Hmm, it says the flask requires 300 alchemy to make and 300 to use, do you know the reason it cant be used, tried looking it up, but nothing seems current as to 39 twinking info
Hmm, it says the flask requires 300 alchemy to make and 300 to use, do you know the reason it cant be used, tried looking it up, but nothing seems current as to 39 twinking info

My mistake, I thought you meant regular old flasks. I see no reason that the alchemists flask couldnt be used. Though be warned, the buff scales with level so you'll only see a stat increase of 16 at level 39. There are far superior elixirs out there that dont require you to lose an otherwise beneficial profession slot.
39 Undead Rogue
For the record, free action pots are a very quick way to get yourself disliked. But otherwise, go nuts.

I don't see FAP as an issue when everyone is getting globaled by this, that, and the other thing.
Edited by Jancith on 3/8/2013 10:36 AM PST
39 Draenei Shaman
03/08/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Chøps

My mistake, I thought you meant regular old flasks. I see no reason that the alchemists flask couldnt be used. Though be warned, the buff scales with level so you'll only see a stat increase of 16 at level 39. There are far superior elixirs out there that dont require you to lose an otherwise beneficial profession slot.

Yep, the alchemist flask is a better choice above 39 -- the mixology buff makes several normal elixirs and flasks a better choice.
100 Human Warrior
03/08/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Jancith
For the record, free action pots are a very quick way to get yourself disliked. But otherwise, go nuts.

I don't see FAP as an issue when everyone is getting globaled by this, that, and the other thing.

Lets not encourage FaPs please

There'd be a lot more globaling going on if your friendly neighborhood prot warrior was chugging FAP pots on cooldown ;)

They aren't something this bracket has ever looked friendly upon, even when dmg output/health pools was extremely skewed.
80 Gnome Rogue
I always keep FAPs on my twinks. I never use them but then again I haven't really given it a second thought till now... how to counter a prot warrior from destroying me..
39 Undead Mage
are speed pots allowed? i have a couple of them in my bank i think
49 Night Elf Druid
are speed pots allowed? i have a couple of them in my bank i think

You are grounded. I'm still upset you did not wait for me.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]