blackhand what happened

100 Orc Warlock
What happened to this server. I've been here since 2007 and it seems everyone is gone or don't play. im guessing this went from med pop server to almost done server. I rarely see people on when im around.
Reply Quote
It's happening everywhere. With CRZ there's no point in being on any but the most populated and progressed servers so people are migrating it seems. Plus the usual first patch of an expansion stuff where people leave or burn out also.

I made the mistake of moving some toons to blackhand earlier this patch from looking at the wowprogress the place looked awesome...big waste of $$ :/
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
ohhh I know man. it sucks been here so long meet so many good people. I work a lot so moving I am considering but its been my home for 5yrs now hard to make that move.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I came here in wrath as my server was ranked like 140ish back then. This server started dying in cata from what I could tell. I see some successful guilds still here but the big fish are all gone except a few who were nipping at those guilds heels. Still relatively active but just not the thriving server it used to be.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I didn't want to leave... blame 10-man raiding for the death of this and probably 90 other servers just like it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Blackhand has turned into a PvP realm. Can't find raid teams here anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I miss the days where this server was bumping maybe one day it will come back I know I am dreaming I miss the old days. I barely know anyone here anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I miss BC :(

This game has went downhill ever since in terms of raiding and server community.
Edited by Booticalls on 3/19/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
yea everyone almost is gone that i knew back in classic's days.....

who remembers opening of the gate of AQ40?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I was on Blackhand from Vanilla thru Lich King most of what happened over the years was there were several top end guilds here that were elitest, which happens on pretty much every server but like every MMO rosters fluctuate over the years and you lose players to real life or being just burnt out on the game. So even the best guilds have to rebuild their rosters, well when that time comes if you've soured the pool you're tryin to draw from then odds are you're going to have to pack up and move to another server and now since you can cross realm most things no one really feels the need to put up with anyones garbage. Alot of servers are on the low pop side now that were once high end. I'd suggest if you're on a dead realm make friends on another realm and do cross realm raids or RBGs I think the only thing you can't do is Arenas right now but not totally sure.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I miss the days where this server was bumping maybe one day it will come back I know I am dreaming I miss the old days. I barely know anyone here anymore.

Baby, now that I've found you
I won't let you go
I build my world around you
I need you so, baby even though
You don't need me now
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Blackhand is dead and has been dead for a long time.
With guilds like Cool Cats, Warfare, and Trans long since gone..
Mallius no longer trolling the boards. Wari being alliance now.

Is it really a surprise? Why stick to Blackhand? I mean is there a real reason when everyones already gone anyway?

Not only that, but do you really NEED to be in some kind of hardcore epeen guild these days?
LFR has put an end to the days where people salivate at the idea of being in a top notch raiding guild.
To put it in other words, nobody really care anymore.

Just migrate to one of the more populated servers if you want to actually enjoy the game again.

Look at Medivh. That was THE top server for a long time. The first to open the AQ gates.
Now it's a barren wasteland much like Blackhand. The same goes for Blackrock.

This server is as dead as the population that once played here and all thats left is the howling wind of memories from 8+ years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not all as bad as you say, dude.

Wari is actually horde again!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Blackhand has turned into a PvP realm. Can't find raid teams here anymore.

No. Blackhand is dead. PvP? Where?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
We have created an initiative to bring the Guild Leaders of Blackhand together to rebuild and repopulate our amazing server. It's time to step outside of the box and work together to show the World of Warcraft what they are missing. We are the leaders of this server taking a stand for our realm and we aren't going anywhere!

Together we are setting up groups to train new raiders, introduce RBGs, unite guilds, and create a fun environment for the casual player. We are calling all Guild Leaders of Blackhand Alliance to arms in this initiative. Send an in game mail to Gigz for global channel and vent information to find out how you can help.

Cheers!
-Gigz of <Comtrya>
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I see you put guild leaders of blackhand alliance. what about our horde too. Gigz has a point we need to stand up and take this server back or buh bye blackhand for more ppl then we know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
So many LFR, LFD, and when we're not we we play with people on our Battletag and Real ID, PvE through Openraid, and PvP through OQ. I'm not saying the says of realm-centric play are over, but there are a lot of attractive 'community' options available.

http://openraid.us/
http://solidice.com/oqueue/

I think the guild leads of Blackhand, all working together, could indeed make the realm a more attractive place to be socially. Look at what Wyrmrest Accord (albeit a RP realm) has done with their own Wiki covering all the goings on of that place:

http://wyrmrest.wikia.com/wiki/Wyrmrest_Accord_Wiki

Theres also this page:

http://www.wyrmrestaccord.org/

Guildmasters, check out this section:

http://www.wyrmrestaccord.org/guilds

One other suggestion would be a cross-guild raid. I once participated in an effort called Leftovers which had a team of regulars drawn from many guilds. It was great for those of us who had social connections with small family style guilds that didn't have the scale to deliver a progression 25. But banding together we could.

http://leftoversraiding.org/index.php/static/19337/about-us.html

The biggest challenge, I think, would be addressing the AH situation. Larger realms simply have greater selection at lower prices. How you gonna keep people in smalltown downtown after they've seen Wal-Mart?

/waves bye and good luck to those I knew on Blackhand.
Edited by Calliesta on 4/1/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I logged this morn and saw that our server had new players beside it instead of low or high ;(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
"New Players"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cross realm does not solve the problem of a dead server auction house. Have you seen what is happening to low level mats on BH?

Buy hey! BH is now a New Player server so it's free to transfer here! ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]