Flagged in new areas.

90 Pandaren Hunter
Usually, if I bop a flagged player, I /sorry, I feign, pull my pet back and camo up then bolt to safety. I would feel like a butt if they got a repair bill because a mob got the killing blow after my whatever hits them.

But yeah. I just feel the world of WARcraft argument tends to fall flat on a PvE server. Bluewalling people is hardly warlike (I can hit you, but you can't hit me!).

Personally, I'm just gonna wait the crowds out a little. It's fun to fight people, but not so much to have to wait for Herpderpington the DK to finish his quests so I can snag mobs.

Also, how could you hate Malkavet. He's like that scary undead priest bounding over a hill in full Tier 1. He just smiles cheerfully as he bounces along to fling you and your allies to a horrible, horrible mind blast filled death. Except with frostbolts instead of mind lasers.

Sure, you might hate fighting him, but it's /classic/.

Edit: And honestly, I haven't really seen that many people at all flagged in the new areas. None that don't run around permaflagged anyway.
Edited by Novikova on 3/8/2013 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
For once, (and I'm loathe to admit this) I completely agree with Malkavet.

*Walks out of the room shaking his head*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
But yeah. I just feel the world of WARcraft argument tends to fall flat on a PvE server. Bluewalling people is hardly warlike (I can hit you, but you can't hit me!).

I don't condone Bluewalling at ALL. The only time I personally do it (not really intentionally) is if I happen to see someone flagged for attacking one of our cities and then I engage. After that happens, I keep my PVP *on* as long as the PVP is going on. Then when it's over, I turn it off again. If I ever blue-flag it's because I forgot to physically turn my PVP on. I came from a game where you could get killed all of the time, so I like having the option, and I go around having it off. I know I'm a doof in PVP and I don't really want to get stomped at random. ^_^

My comment about this being warcraft... well, I really feel that people need to keep that aspect of the game in mind. Whether or not you're on a PVE/PVP/etc. server, you're going to run into PVP even if you don't mean to. I understand it can be frustrating. But people really, really need to accept that it will be out there, and prepare for it coming up at some point.

You can either run from it... or... learn from it.

*bop*

((sorry, Rafiki popped into my head just then. Silly monkey.))

Novi I won't lie and say that I am always happy with PVP happening. Sometimes I love it. Other times, I get really upset and hate the whole idea of it. But it really is a huge part of the game, even on PVE servers. People really shouldn't waste their energy getting too upset about it (including me). It happens, it will always be around, and it's up to each individual person to decide how they will react to it.

Edit: And honestly, I haven't really seen that many people at all flagged in the new areas. None that don't run around permaflagged anyway.

I think that sort of thing really only hits huge on the first day. Which is good. I haven't seen anyone flagged either. Supposedly there was one last night that went blue just as Spar and I passed and the guy made some comment like he thought we'd hit him. But we had no plans to.

Anyway, /shrug ... I hope you all are having fun in the new areas otherwise.

Oh, the first night of 5.2 I accidentally started shooting out chain lightning at an Alliance person's mobs that they'd already hit... sorry to whoever that was... and if I ever do it again I apologize. I get really aloof sometimes when I'm trying to follow Spar around and don't always pay attention to which mobs HE is hitting. I apparently run with blinders on.

How's that for some love? ^_^ ((Panda hugs)) to everyone, let's remember this is just a game guys 'n gals!
Edited by Jinglz on 3/8/2013 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Yeah, the only time I've blueflagged/walled someone was 'Hum de dum dum, mob mob mob - OH LORDY FLAG NOISE'

And it happens. The only time I got annoyed with folks hitting my mobs is those ones that get more HP with someone hitting them. Then I ended up fighting Saurok with like 4.4 million HP.

These things happen. I tend to keep to the wide open spaces and I'll probably putter around more after the initial rush. :x
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Stop thinking like victims and start using your class mechanics, your environment, and your heads to overcome adversity. I can guarantee you it will produce better outcomes than whining and arguing on the forums will.

I love how people who see things differently than you are "bleeding-hearts" and "whining". Basically you are telling the non PvPers to learn to PvP. The old conform or be destroyed routine. "My way or the highway!"

Your "greener pastures" basicly means that someone who hates pvp has to hide out untill their flag falls off. Five minutes may not seem like a long time to you, but not everyone has the same amount of time to spend in game, and that is where this topic started.
Edited by Grapthar on 3/9/2013 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I will destroy you all, so your arguments are invalid.
Reply Quote
I love how people who see things differently than you are "bleeding-hearts" and "whining". Basically you are telling the non PvPers to learn to PvP. The old conform or be destroyed routine. "My way or the highway!"

I love how the adversity you face as a result of game mechanics is always someone else's fault, best remedied by them modifying their behavior to suit your needs rather than a challenge that could be overcome through your own skill and intelligence. Keep that attitude strong. It will serve you well in a real world filled with other people who don't give a rat's !@# about what you want.

I'm not the statist $%^-*! trying to tell everyone else how to play the game friend, you are.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
03/09/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Malkavet

I love how the adversity you face as a result of game mechanics is always someone else's fault, best remedied by them modifying their behavior to suit your needs rather than a challenge that could be overcome through your own skill and intelligence. Keep that attitude strong. It will serve you well in a real world filled with other people who don't give a rat's !@# about what you want.

I'm not the statist $%^-*! trying to tell everyone else how to play the game friend, you are.

First of all this isn't about me. I don't hate PvP, but unlike you I can see beyond my own nose and comprehend other perspectives without kneejerk disdain.

I have not suggested people modify their behavior to suit my needs, just consider the results of it. You, quite explicitly, have.
Edited by Grapthar on 3/9/2013 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Sounds like a case of pvp tryhards not making it on a pvp server and deciding to tryhard on a rp one instead. ;)

Sure is 2005 in here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Sure is 2005 in here.

2005..... I was 15 in 2005. T.T
Reply Quote
I have not suggested people modify their behavior to suit my needs, just consider the results of it. You, quite explicitly, have.

Oh I DO consider the results. And I'm not having any qualms about the outcomes. After all, they're Alliance. Why do I care what their play experience is like?

Sure is 2005 in here.

Tarren Mill.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/09/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Belmir
Sure is 2005 in here.

2005..... I was 15 in 2005. T.T

... Get off my laaaaaaaawn *shakes her shakin' rake*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Don't make me bring my cookie basket to calm all you kiddos down!
Edited by Jinglz on 3/9/2013 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Don't make me bring my cookie basket to calm all you kiddos down!

No amount of cookies will save them from their doom!
Reply Quote
I have Four level 90s. I am only trying to run three of them through the Thunder Isle dailies and I have a priority on who will go no matter what. I bring this up because I recognize that time is a luxury that some do not have. I do not get all my 90s through every single day. Is it frustrating? Yes. Do I run them flagged? Sometimes. Mostly I just want to get the quests done.

Now here is a Malkavet moment no one would tell you unless they were in the room with him.

We were on the isle in the Saurok area and I was not flagged but my tparty was. Suddenly one of my team really needed healing and I noticed that a name went from blue to red beside me. I got the heal off on my party member (which flagged me) and turned and began to attack the alliance priest. MALKAVET told me to stop because she had sat down, signalling that it was unintentional...but it was too late. She went from red to dead in the blink of an eye. I felt bad that she likely waited out her flag before rezzing because my intention had been to just get quests done and I bet that had been her intention, too.

TLDR: Situational awareness on the part of both myself and that priest would likely have resulted in a no harm/no foul scenario with quests getting completed faster, not slower -- in spite of flags. I failed. She failed. Malkavet WAS aware and attempted to save her.

I"ll try to do better at situational awareness. If you see me flagged on the isle, please keep in mind I do quests in party because it is FASTER. This means I am not alone and I likely got flagged healing a guild mate who, like Mixler, goes around perma-flagged.

Final note: It feels good to agree with Mixler and Lorredain out here.
Reply Quote
That post is a pack of lies.
Reply Quote
That post is a pack of lies.

Neener, neener, NEENER!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don’t run around perma flagged, and I too feel annoyed with having to check constantly that I am not hitting someone who is. That said, I enjoy pvp, and up until a couple of seasons ago, I was an arena/ bg junkie. I personally find that pvp is far more fun in an organized setting, but not everyone is as sporting. People will play in the manner they like however, and while I may not like it, that’s just how it’s going to be. I really wish that the only way to get flagged in this game was to manually type /pvp. It would solve a lot of problems.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Not being flagged ruins my RP immersion, if you don't like it you should go to a normal PvE server. That being said I also don't camp people that clearly aren't having a good time. Typically if you tab shoot me ill give you a good stomping mostly to see if you bring friends.

I'm always IC when i world PvP ,this is why I'm known for recklessly charging into impossible odds (usually i die but the few times I have won where worth it! lol)

Because I am flagged for RP reasons if you emote at me showing that you yield i will stop. (usually, if i don't there is probably a reason, usually they are attacking horde NPCs).

Also there are daily quests that auto flag you.
Edited by Torage on 3/13/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
03/13/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Torage
Not being flagged ruins my RP immersion, if you don't like it you should go to a normal PvE server. That being said I also don't camp people that clearly aren't having a good time. Typically if you tab shoot me ill give you a good stomping mostly to see if you bring friends.

And it sounds like you belong on an RP-PVP server, not RP-PVE.

That aside, I'm torn on this issue personally. I don't PVP anymore for very real reasons that I won't go into. Back in Vanilla and somewhat in BC I loved pvp, and I'm not against the concept of it at all. But some things happened, and let's just say that being a big PVPer adversely affected my health for a while. So when people are running around flagged, either faction, in a daily area it drives me nuts. I've known Mixler since Erilahl was level 50 or something, and he's a good guy. But I hate seeing him around when I'm on one of my healers, I admit it. Because it sometimes means I'm about to have a very bad time.

On the other hand, I certainly respect that PVP is part of the game, and it is absolutely not my place to judge what people are doing. There are PVP dailies now, and while I won't be doing them myself other people will certainly want to and that's cool. So I try to just stay out of everyone's way, until I inevitably misplace an AOE or a heal and get ganked, then get to spend five minutes sitting on my corpse.

I suppose that's the problem I'd really like solved. I want Rift's system where I can set it so I won't get flagged and just can't affect flagged people at all unless I manually turn it on with a chat command. That would make things so much better, at least for me.
Edited by Runesoul on 3/14/2013 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]