Flagged in new areas.

90 Tauren Warrior
And it sounds like you belong on an RP-PVP server, not RP-PVE.

That would be ideal but i have too much going for me here to leave. i was mostly just trying to be witty =P.

But on a side note in my experience on PvP servers I found that there are just as many people that don't want to have anything to do with PvP as there is on PvE servers and I'm only looking for willing combatants.

03/14/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Runesoul
I want Rift's system where I can set it so I won't get flagged and just can't affect flagged people at all unless I manually turn it on with a chat command.

This would be perfect.
Reply Quote
^---------------All of that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
That would be a very nice system. And I still think that RP-PvP servers just came too late to do a lot of good for most folks.
Reply Quote

And it sounds like you belong on an RP-PVP server, not RP-PVE.

RP-PvP servers weren't around at launch; they weren't introduced until Patch 1.08, almost a full year after the initial release of the game. If they'd been around from the start, I'd have rolled RP-PvP in a heartbeat. But I didn't have that option, so I had to make a choice, and after spending some time on Archimonde, I ultimately decided that it would be infinitely easier to find solid PvP action on an RP server than it would be to find quality roleplaying (or any roleplaying, really) on a PvP server.

I obviously don't speak for the Thundering Hammer, but I think a lot of us feel this way. On the one hand, it would be great to play on a server where everyone's happy to be a part of RP and PvP (assuming such a mythical place even actually exists), but on the other hand, Feathermoon is our home -- it has always been our home, and it will always be our home.

We shouldn't need to explain ourselves or justify our existence on this server, however. Feathermoon may not be designated as an "official player versus player environment" by the Blues, but WarCraft is a series that begins and ends with combat between different factions. That's not just my opinion; that's a fact based on almost 20 years of entries into the series. You literally cannot divorce the concept of PvP from RP servers just because they aren't RP-PvP servers, because WarCraft is all about combat.

If people expect to be able to do PvP dailies in a place like Thundering Isle without getting ganked by the opposing faction, well ... that's just silly. World of WarCraft may not be the best option for these folks -- maybe "World of Dad Never Paid Much Attention To Me When I Was Younger-Craft" (WoDNPMAtmwIwY) would be more appropriate, all things considered.
Edited by Matsujin on 3/14/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I don't run flag to unintentionally flag people.

I will however kill the ever loving !@#$ out of you if you do hit me. I'll do it repeatedly until you spirit res or decide to go read a book if I happen to still be in the area. This is by design. This realm needs more factional hate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I know when RP-PVP showed up and am aware of the issues, I've been around as long as you Mats. :P I was mostly making fun of someone saying that someone else didn't belong on this server.

I don't give two bits about other people pvping, and agree that pvp daily questers should expect combat. I just wish I had the option to opt out and not have to watch every move I make when I'm pveing near someone flagged, that's all I'd like.

With the exception of War1, it's also just as easy to say that Warcraft is a series about different people banding together to face incredible odds. From War2 on, the Alliance and the Horde and sometimes other groups have always been multi-species groups of people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I don't run flag to unintentionally flag people.

I will however kill the ever loving !@#$ out of you if you do hit me. I'll do it repeatedly until you spirit res or decide to go read a book if I happen to still be in the area. This is by design. This realm needs more factional hate.

That doesn't really spawn factional hate so much as general irritation or 'argh, THAT GUY'. I just wait my flag out and go somewhere else (takes like 5 minutes - I'll get a snack, play with my cats, fill out a survey, whatever). Or maybe I'm odd. Frankly, I found factional hate more severe on PvP servers.

There's plenty of examples of Alliance and Horde working together, of neutral parties and such. If people wanna pvp, awesome. I believe that pvp daily people should expect pvp (Granted, I didn't expect QUITE so many Horde to show up, but I suspect that's not uncommon given how many Alliance prefer PvE-only). That's totally groovy. I'd like an option like Runesoul posts, so I don't have to make sure my herfderf pet doesn't run after some warlock when he immolation auras (Hyjal launch was awful for this).

Also apparently being killed in the Exodar by a DK will give me an error 132. Dorp.
Edited by Novikova on 3/14/2013 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Runesoul
I know when RP-PVP showed up and am aware of the issues, I've been around as long as you Mats. :P I was mostly making fun of someone saying that someone else didn't belong on this server.

Oh, I know. I didn't mean to insinuate you were new or anything, I was just quoting you because you wrote a line I wanted to expand upon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

I don't give two bits about other people pvping, and agree that pvp daily questers should expect combat. I just wish I had the option to opt out and not have to watch every move I make when I'm pveing near someone flagged, that's all I'd like.

With the exception of War1, it's also just as easy to say that Warcraft is a series about different people banding together to face incredible odds. From War2 on, the Alliance and the Horde and sometimes other groups have always been multi-species groups of people.

No one likes you Erilahl.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Probably true, but I'm not sure how it's relevant here.

Edit: The more I think about your post, the more confused I am by it. Any chance you could clarify why it matters in this conversation? I don't recognize your name offhand, so if we're old rivals or something I apologize for forgetting you.
Edited by Runesoul on 3/14/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rune, you're Erilahl? I haven't seen you in ages, man.

This one gets a pass, guys; we got drunk together in Minnesota once, back in like Vanilla, and that makes him a drinking buddy.

Nobody's allowed to pile sh*t on my drinking buddies.

New rule.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Probably true, but I'm not sure how it's relevant here.

Edit: The more I think about your post, the more confused I am by it. Any chance you could clarify why it matters in this conversation? I don't recognize your name offhand, so if we're old rivals or something I apologize for forgetting you.
it's Elyle
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Ah, a vaguely familiar name. Ah well, doesn't matter much. Just caught me off guard.

Yeah, Mats and I stood in front of a scientology building in the cold and took photos. It was basically a Christmas Miracle on Ice, or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rune, you're Erilahl? I haven't seen you in ages, man.

This one gets a pass, guys; we got drunk together in Minnesota once, back in like Vanilla, and that makes him a drinking buddy.

Nobody's allowed to pile sh*t on my drinking buddies.

New rule.

Heck yeah.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]