Shan'ze Ritual Stones from Rare Spawns????

(Locked)

90 Draenei Hunter
This is a pointless ritual to go through. You have a hundred people looking for the same thing. Or you camp a rare spawn to get the quest item only to find that when you kill them you get nothing. No loot nothing. Multiple times I and many others kill the rare spawns and get no loot at all. And this from a quest to continue progression on the island. WTH Blizzard!!!!
Same thing happening to me. I did get a stone finally from Progenitus, an Elite spawn at the top of the mountain in the Ihagaluk Crag, fyi and a Tome that gave me 15 valor points.
90 Human Paladin
Can you only get one Shan'ze Ritual Stone per week? The first rare I killed dropped one, I got one other from a trove chest, and I can not for the life of me get a 3rd one from anywhere. I've been killing rares all day. - Also did the new solo scenario, I did not get a stone.
Edited by Surylon on 3/6/2013 12:38 PM PST
Have gotten two since yesterday from the bag you get at the end of the daily circuit.
90 Draenei Shaman
I completed the first quest that required 3. but after that you get a quest that requires 9 and they pretty much stopped dropping for me, I have to get them all from those damn chests, and those are rare as hell to find with all the people questing there.
90 Tauren Death Knight
I was under the impression that they intended this particular type of quest to be multi-day. That is, people get one here, another there, and maybe turn the quest(s) in once every week or two.

Was I reading the quest text wrong?
Community Manager
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from any creature on the island, including the Isle of Thunder Rare Elites. Once you’ve already looted one off of a creature, no more will drop from creatures for your character that week. Additional keys can potentially drop from other select sources, but are extremely rare and not something you can try to farm.

Similarly, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. You'll still be able to collect more from other sources, though.

[edited for clarity]
Edited by Bashiok on 3/6/2013 7:09 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. Similarly, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week, assuming you haven’t already found one from another source on the island.

People can actually loot the rares? Hmm.. Wish I could say the same.
90 Human Death Knight
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. Similarly, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week, assuming you haven’t already found one from another source on the island.

What if I did find a key from another source though. Is it only one per week regardless of source?
90 Gnome Mage

Does this mean that you can get more keys from finishing all the daily quests in a day, since it's not being looted from a rare? I got mine today that way.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Can you only get one Shan'ze Ritual Stone per week? The first rare I killed dropped one, I got one other from a trove chest, and I can not for the life of me get a 3rd one from anywhere. I've been killing rares all day. - Also did the new solo scenario, I did not get a stone.

are we playing the same toon? i still havent gotten anything...but i have 5 sentry pets....and im almost maxed on valor.
90 Blood Elf Mage
[deleted]
Edited by Calbador on 3/6/2013 7:22 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter

I assume this is per character, not per account?
So if we got a key from a chest, cannot get a key from a rare, correct?

On the topic of keys and rares, is there any information of fixing the looting from the rarespawns? I can't count how many times I did not get loot, or had to relog x amount of times to get loot to show up.
90 Goblin Mage

Wait.. so you can only get 1 key per week PERIOD?
Or you can only get 1 per week from rares, but more from alternate sources?
So like several people have asked...I CAN get them from other sources if i've already looted a rare...?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How about the Sealed Legion tomes? Same deal, only 1 shot per week on a rare?
90 Dwarf Hunter
This should of been clarified way ahead of time.

I and many many others have spent hours farming rares trying to get the 3rd stone.
90 Tauren Hunter
What is with these secret loot rules?

Overcomplicated and sloppy for not explaining this in game in any way.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I figured it was something like that given how many I've killed today for just valor.

I'm guessing the limit wasn't working originally or it got reset with server restarts, because I definitely got more than one stone from rare spawns yesterday.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]