Shan'ze Ritual Stones from Rare Spawns????

(Locked)

Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. Similarly, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week, assuming you haven’t already found one from another source on the island.
Yet I got two Keys today; one from an Arcane Trove from finishing the Kirin Tor Offensive dailies, and one from a rare spawn. Is that intended, or a bug?
90 Dwarf Hunter
Also these rares are busted in that you can get the tag but cant loot it. You can come back later and maybe its finally lootable but only sometimes.
90 Dwarf Priest
03/06/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Darkrealm
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. Similarly, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week, assuming you haven’t already found one from another source on the island.

People can actually loot the rares? Hmm.. Wish I could say the same.

yes all you have to do is walk a way for a little while then walk back (dont be gone for too long or it will despawn)
96 Human Death Knight
Mmo-champ blue tracker indicates Bashiok deleted his second post? Stuff like this should really be documented in patch notes.
90 Tauren Druid

I assume per character?
Edited by Fehnrisa on 3/6/2013 6:57 PM PST
90 Undead Mage

I've gotten 2 ritual stones this week from rares (unless you mean 1 stone, per rare, per week - as in, the same rare cant drop a stone twice a week) - i got a 3rd stone from a trove of the thunder king chest - where the turtle rare spawns, and cant remember where i got my 4th one from
Community Manager
Edited to clarify my clarity.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bashiok may be right on the key (it was changed in the ptr) but the Ritual Stones bit sounds wrong.
100 Night Elf Warrior
Bashiok may be right on the key (it was changed in the ptr) but the Ritual Stones bit sounds wrong.

I'm still thinking that it got reset yesterday due to the server restarts or something yesterday. I think I got one stone before the restart from a rare, and one afterward, but I've killed like 15-20 rares today for just valor. That could also explain the people that claimed to get two keys from rares.

Or sometimes it just bugs out and gives you extra stuff it shouldn't.
Edited by Asthas on 3/6/2013 7:11 PM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
I assume this is per character, not per account?
So if we got a key from a chest, cannot get a key from a rare, correct?

This I would like to know also. I got one on my shammy today, but I've been farming for over an hour+ on my pally and haven't seen one key drop yet. I haven't tried to team up for any rares yet. Just been killing handfuls of mobs.
100 Night Elf Warrior
The drop from random mobs is really low, kinda like farming for a skyshard. If you are going to try to farm form it, you should hit up the rares. With the shared tapping you don't really need to team up for them, unless you mean the ones summoned through stones.
100 Draenei Shaman
The drop from random mobs is really low, kinda like farming for a skyshard. If you are going to try to farm form it, you should hit up the rares. With the shared tapping you don't really need to team up for them, unless you mean the ones summoned through stones.

Ahh ok, thank you very much :)
90 Draenei Shaman
1 stone per week... wow. I got 3 this week, and 1 from a chest. I guess the stones bugged in the beginning of the patch then started working as they were originally intended to later on. seriously though, 1 stone a week? you need 9 stones to finish the 2nd quest after the one where you need 3...
100 Night Elf Warrior
1 stone per week... wow. I got 3 this week, and 1 from a chest. I guess the stones bugged in the beginning of the patch then started working as they were originally intended to later on. seriously though, 1 stone a week? you need 9 stones to finish the 2nd quest after the one where you need 3...

Its 1 stone a week from rares (barring any initial patch shenanigans/bugs). There is no limit on other sources.

You don't personally need 9 stones to do the weekly to kill the three champions. You don't need to be the summoner to get credit. I expect most people will bring 3 stones and team up with two other people that have 3, and getting 3 in one week seems reasonable considering all sources.
Edited by Asthas on 3/6/2013 7:33 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
Wonderful. I get trapped in a box due to those stupid fire traps and now I find out that because of that I've blown my chance for the week?

Tell me, why on earth would I waste my time only to get bugged into another box and get screwed over again?
Edited by Nashiri on 3/6/2013 8:06 PM PST
100 Gnome Warlock
What are the other sources for keys and stones besides rares? Because it seems like once you gotten your one stone for the week, you're pretty much AFK until next Tuesday.
90 Orc Warrior
Ok, so just to be sure, that means the if we imagine an *hypothetical* situation in which I loot a key, use it to get in the loot scenario then get immediately DC'd. When I log back in, I'm back in two moons with the key nowhere to be seen. Does that mean I would simply have lost all my chances for this week already?
90 Gnome Priest
The faster you get the Ritual Stones, the faster you consume the content.

Slow down.

What are the other sources for keys and stones besides rares? Because it seems like once you gotten your one stone for the week, you're pretty much AFK until next Tuesday.

I've picked up keys from the chests you can occasionally find, and from the Arcane Trove reward from the last daily. I haven't had more than one per character yet but I know a couple of people who have.

And if the only reason you play the game is to get a run through the Treasure Room, why do you even bother playing in the first place? This is new to the game. You can still do the other things you used to do.
100 Undead Priest
If you participate in killing a shared rare and get no loot icon drag another mob over and kill it next to the body and AoE loot. You will receive whatever you were supposed to get.
90 Night Elf Druid
Keys are only one a week? Oh... When I used mine, I got DC'd 40 seconds in and it was wasted. That was annoying but I shrugged it off since I assumed I would find another one soon, but I guess that was it for the week.

Maybe I'll open a ticket.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]