Shan'ze Ritual Stones from Rare Spawns????

90 Draenei Shaman
hmmm

I suppose that explains things then. I had an early kill this week where both a key and a stone had dropped, but it wouldn't allow me to loot them. I didn't think anything of it at the time as I thought more would drop, but looking at this it seems like I missed my chance.

I guess I'll open a ticket and see what help can be had -.-
Edited by Gistwiki on 3/6/2013 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Edited to clarify my clarity.

Alright Clarity Claire.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
What other sources, chests, elites, ordinary mobs, Kirin Tor Dailies??
The spawn rate on those is totally abyssmal, after getting a chest, with a stone almost immediately a getting the "Secrets" quest, and one stone off the first rare I killed, I've been trying to find another one ever since.
I know some people have 3 stones already and progressed further on the quest chain, but many more are in similar position as me, with 2 stones only and seemingly little hope of seeing another for a week??
What kind of ridiculous logic is it that makes the very first quest in what will be a long grind so difficult and frustrating for a lot of players to complete?
Edited by Angustuft on 3/6/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
How about some word on the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion? There's a lot of talk going around that the item is FFA among all warlocks that have tapped a rare spawn, as if it's somehow separate from the personal loot that drops normally. I usually wouldn't believe something so arbitrary, but given the difficulty people are having with looting the tome and the sparseness of the information we have about it, I feel like I need to ask. Nobody's getting any answers on the warlock board.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Is it unreasonable to ask you guys to put stuff like this in the patch notes so people don't waste their time? It's kind of frustrating to kill a bunch of rares for your third ritual stone only to find out what you've been doing is useless.
Reply Quote
45 Orc Shaman
Just concerning rare spawns, is the one-key-a-week for your character or for your account?

Because I have killed a ton of rares on my monk and gotten no key, while my shaman got one on the first kill. And it feels like my monk can't get one since my shaman got one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Just concerning rare spawns, is the one-key-a-week for your character or for your account?

Because I have killed a ton of rares on my monk and gotten no key, while my shaman got one on the first kill. And it feels like my monk can't get one since my shaman got one.

I would imagine it's for each character as I've gotten on on both this toon and my warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/06/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Aoir
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. Similarly, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week, assuming you haven’t already found one from another source on the island.
Yet I got two Keys today; one from an Arcane Trove from finishing the Kirin Tor Offensive dailies, and one from a rare spawn. Is that intended, or a bug?

Can you not read.....he stated 1 per week per RARE ELITE you kill.....that is not same as finding one from a trove chest or getting one at the end of the daily questing......
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from any creature on the island, including the Isle of Thunder Rare Elites. Once you’ve already looted one off of a creature, no more will drop from creatures for your character that week. Additional keys can potentially drop from other select sources, but are extremely rare and not something you can try to farm.

Similarly, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. You'll still be able to collect more from other sources, though.

[edited for clarity]

There are some people who ahve gotten 3 stones already and are progressing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Yep I am one of them got all my stones in less then 45 mins yesterday I got lucky in finding two chests....and killing 1 RARE elite for mine....but I did mine like at 6am early morning......most of you are fighting tons of other players if your trying for chest at 5 pm after work.....it going to take patience for this stuff....my priest and other hunter have 1 stone each from yesterday.....this toon got all 3 early on.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from any creature on the island, including the Isle of Thunder Rare Elites. Once you’ve already looted one off of a creature, no more will drop from creatures for your character that week. Additional keys can potentially drop from other select sources, but are extremely rare and not something you can try to farm.

Similarly, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. You'll still be able to collect more from other sources, though.

[edited for clarity]

How does this work when you are group questing? I was grouped with a friend wo got a key and I didn't.... why? Will I get a key or will i be prevented from getting one since my friend has already gotten one?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
hmmm

I suppose that explains things then. I had an early kill this week where both a key and a stone had dropped, but it wouldn't allow me to loot them. I didn't think anything of it at the time as I thought more would drop, but looking at this it seems like I missed my chance.

Wont do any good, they will just tell you that its farmable. I already tried.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

[edited for clarity]

Per character? For more more clarity...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/05/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Taana
This is a pointless ritual to go through. You have a hundred people looking for the same thing. Or you camp a rare spawn to get the quest item only to find that when you kill them you get nothing. No loot nothing.

Correction, you do get loot.
The problem is when you have eleventy billion people trying to loot at the same time. Server lags. Loot window closes. People think they didn't get loot.

Solution: Wait a bit, return to the corpse, attempt to loot, you'll get the loot.

This has happened to both of my toons. The key is hover your cursor over the corpse, if it turns into that little loot bag icon, you have loot on that corpse you can grab.

That doesn't guarantee you'll get the stones. It's a random drop. Sometimes you get 3, sometimes 2, sometimes 1 and sometimes none. Rinse & repeat.

Having said that, it is a bit annoying gating the quest progression on these rares. And no, not everyone can solo these "rare MoP solo mobs". Which are neither rare, (timed spawns), nor soloable, unless you're very overgeared or are a specific class/spec.

Fortunately, the odds of you actually "soloing" these are next to nil since everyone and their pet dog is going to jump on these the moment they pop. Last time I "soloed" Haywire, it had over 50M health.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
hmmm

Ahhh this happened to me. I jumped in to help people kill Haywire before I'd gotten the quest for the stones and it wouldn't let me loot the stone. I thought, no big deal, but now I jumped into help kill him 2 other times and nothing...now I see why. Grrrrrrrr. They should've let the stone be lootable whether you are on the quest or not if they were going to make it so you can't get it again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
HAM

I'm glad you let us know this. However, how were we supposed to know? I spent hours and hours farming these rares thinking that the drop rate was just low. I already had a key and an orb. So basically, I just wasted my time. On half of the mobs I couldn't even loot them. Are we supposed to get a tome of valor everytime we kill the rare, and what if we already killed it?
Edited by Deviath on 3/7/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The drop from random mobs is really low, kinda like farming for a skyshard. If you are going to try to farm form it, you should hit up the rares. With the shared tapping you don't really need to team up for them, unless you mean the ones summoned through stones.

I have never had a Skyshard drop for any toon.
I am THAT guy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/07/2013 03:33 AMPosted by Moused

Yep I am one of them got all my stones in less then 45 mins yesterday I got lucky in finding two chests....and killing 1 RARE elite for mine....but I did mine like at 6am early morning......most of you are fighting tons of other players if your trying for chest at 5 pm after work.....it going to take patience for this stuff....my priest and other hunter have 1 stone each from yesterday.....this toon got all 3 early on.

This.
So far, I have only played during peak hours afetr work and I have never seen a chest on the island.
There are so many people running around I really didn't expect to find one.

I do have two stones though.
One from the trove at the end of the dailies and one dropped from a rare elite I helped kill.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i have gotten 1 key 1 stone wth blizz and i killed all the rares also ur gms dont know wth they r talkin about i got 2 saying different things. and every1 in party all got keys and stone but me hummmmm something is clearly wrong with ur looting system. I am not trying to get anything extra . but when u and 3 other ppl go kill the rares all of them and every 1 but 1 person gets keys and stone clearly blizz u have a issue. i dont think i really understand how it works . since i killed them and those items dropped for others i have no chance till next week? mean while other ppl who can care less get all three. also i been trying for 3 days now. ridiclous. oooh and back to the gms sorry im very angry . 1 said it was my ui and the other saying they are aware of the looting system is bugged . so what is the real truth.
Edited by Kenderspirit on 3/7/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]