Should I leave the guild?

64 Worgen Hunter
It's ridiculous that you are getting "forgotten" on alt/nonprogression runs. It's a second raid team, so alts should sit out and let others' mains have a chance at raiding. If they wanted it as an alt run, they shouldn't have listed it at all. Personally, I think it's time to find a new guild.

That said, if you are looking for a more organized raiding environment, you can contact me at Solanara#1864. Like a couple other people on this thread, we are also from Proudmoore and are currently 16/16N with 3/16H.

hahahahahaha....... advise them to leave and offer them your guild as a place to come play..... not biased advice at all lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
For the record I didn't come here to recruit but since you could possibly be looking for a guild; I thought I would post this just in case you are actually interested.

http://www.equilibriagaming.com/home

We just created the site today so it is still a work in progress. Nevertheless you could apply if you wished.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/02/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Snoopworgen
hahahahahaha....... advise them to leave and offer them your guild as a place to come play..... not biased advice at all lol

Actually, given the number of offers the op is getting, I'd say their chances are good for raiding.

I've been noticing something similar, in my "mega guild" there are a fair number of folks who are just feeling ready to start normal raiding in MoP. Not sure how that will develop, if they really have the commitment for even lightweight raiding, but we're working on it.
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
It sounds to me you are a casual raider (not by choice but by your life schedule and no fault of your own) in a non casual raiding guild. They may be reluncant to hand a spot to you over even alts as you come and go while the alts are always there. Raid leaders are very reluncant to gear up and proritise places to those who are fickle in their playing, you sound like you need to be in a casual raid team.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You worry about your image too much. It just wasn't a right fit. Don't take it personally. There is no embarrassment to be had, this stuff happens all the time. Move on. This is a game =)
Edited by Quelthanas on 3/3/2013 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Tyrnyx
Make sure that you share the same goals and ideals for performance and speed of progress as well as how serious the raiding is.

I'd also add, make sure you ask about raid signups/slotting policies, and that you understand them. If you don't understand them, ask questions until you do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
SCH
Here's some food for thought, as it sounds like you're just getting back into the action, and into the swing of things (and I didn't see whether or not you had already touched upon this). Upon signing up, were you prepared to raid on that first evening, and the next? Did you have all your gems and enchants and reforges in proper order? Did you take the time to study, learn, and KNOW the fights on your own, outside of the raid? And I don't mean just "oh I know them because I've done them in LFR".

It is entirely possible, and probably likely, that this 2nd team is composed of some mains, but more than a handful of alts, raid leader among them. In all honestly, whether intended or not, they probably want the second group to be a little more of a relaxed environment for them, meaning... having to do less work. After all, they probably lead all week in the primary crew, assuming heroic content. They probably prefer to drag people in who KNOW the fights, so they don't have to explain them again in normal - something they've done on their mains numerous times.

The BETTER thing to have done would have been to come online, ready to ROCK on the day of the second raid, and message your raid leader in advance of the raid, letting him/her know that you were ready and prepared - you had watched the fight videos, read the strategy guides, etc. If it was conducive to his raid group composition (not too many ranged, or melee, heals, what have you), that statement alone would have been enough to ensure that he would not have overlooked you.

Just my thoughts and two cents!
Edited by Cynderella on 3/3/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Paladin
03/03/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Anaea
I'd also add, make sure you ask about raid signups/slotting policies, and that you understand them. If you don't understand them, ask questions until you do.

Yes I think that was a problem I had with the current guild I made the incorrect assumption that invtes would only go out to those who signed up. In reality the invites were opened up to the entire guild to " fill in open spots" This was the end result of the letter and talk I had with the raid leader this morning .

03/03/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Cynderella
). Upon signing up, were you prepared to raid on that first evening, and the next? Did you have all your gems and enchants and reforges in proper order? Did you take the time to study, learn, and KNOW the fights on your own, outside of the raid?

I am not new to raiding, I have been raiding since BC and raided content regularly through Wrath. How ever starting in Cata new job forced me to make some changes so I became a bench raider for the current guild.

I am fully chanted, fully gemmed have my flasks and I have read the fights and done all the fights at least once in LFR of the current content. Right now I am geared for normals but not even close for heroics,

I did not show up for Sat. raid because I was not in the mood to raid til I worked things out with the raid leader, and it would not have mattered because the same 10 players showed up and raided on Saturday as well, so even showing up would have been a waste of my time.

03/02/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Enlighten
They may be reluncant to hand a spot to you over even alts as you come and go while the alts are always there. Raid leaders are very reluncant to gear up and proritise places to those who are fickle in their playing, you sound like you need to be in a casual raid team.

Just a side note to this I have been geared at my current level since Late Nov 2012. I talked to the raid leader then about raiding, and was supposed to go back to be their fill in bench raider.. However due to lack of interest or other issues the guild basically stopped raiding in Dec. and when they started back again that was when the invites where posted to all the guild 90s.

My failure it seems was not getting clarification from the start, they were only looking for guildies to fillin open spots in the existing team that while not raiding wanted to start up again.

I Now know what their intentions are.. and I have some decisions to make whether they are options I can live with or whether I need to jump ship and consider other options.

Thanks again
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
03/03/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Hakaari
done all the fights at least once in LFR of the current content

sorry but made me chuckle a lil
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/03/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Snoopworgen
done all the fights at least once in LFR of the current content

sorry but made me chuckle a lil

I really do not see the humor.. but oh well
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I believe the chuckle is because no one realistically takes lfr as a serious state of a players skill to handle normal mode or heroic raid content. Lets face it they do not get prepared properly.

I think currently the best examples of a players skill pve wise pre raid.. are.. the challenge mode runs and Brawlers guild players. Because those fights require crazy mechanics and dps to overcome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/04/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Thejedi
I think currently the best examples of a players skill pve wise pre raid.. are.. the challenge mode runs and Brawlers guild players. Because those fights require crazy mechanics and dps to overcome.

That maybe true but frankly it is still no reason to mock someone. Maybe the guild the Op is in does not do challenge modes? And last I heard getting invite to the Brawlers guild was either luck or money..
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I believe the chuckle is because no one realistically takes lfr as a serious state of a players skill to handle normal mode or heroic raid content.

Of course not. But seeing the fight in lfr is one way of getting a feel for what it might be like on normal. Reading guides/watching videos is a better way of preparing, but doing LFR has its place. That's all he's saying. I think OP, like anyone with any sense, recognizes LFR is very much a watered down version of normal.

But Hakaari you should find another guild immediately. The signs aren't good, trust me. You've stuck this one out long enough, you don't owe them anything.
Reply Quote
LFR is a perfectly fine way to help yourself learn the fights in preparation for normal mode, for many it's a heck of alot better than guides and videos alone. Most of the fights have the more important mechanics and on the same timers as normal, they just won't kill you if you mess up...great for practicing things like attenuation dancing or for getting a feel for when the stacks are coming on blade lord...just for 2 simple examples.

I know for myself I love practicing in LFR before trying new things, I like to understand the hows and whys of a fight rather than just reacting to things under my feet after I see them and stumbling through. I've never gotten much use from videos, written guides are good...written guides and a super-duper-easy-practice-mode LFR is much better and saves raids time when people utilize them as practices.
Reply Quote
I would take silver+ challenge mode experience pretty seriously, particularly for healers. The dungeons are not pushovers, and require solid reaction times and a familiarity with pretty much every little tool in your kit to make it through in a reasonable amount of time. It also takes a fair amount research and practice, which are both translatable to raid PvE.

Apples to apples raid experience is always the best comparison, but if we saw an app from a guild couldn't/didn't field a raid team and the person talked about challenge mode work, I'd listen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As long as you aren't trying to get into a ToT Heroic progression group it shouldn't be difficult to land a spot in a core. There are always cores at varying levels of progression and skill level. The keys to getting that spot are being prepared for the raid (food, flasks, enchants, gems, reforges, knowledge of the fights, etc.) and knowing how to play your class. If you are good at your class you will likely outperform a lot of better geared players. Gear does make a difference, but gear is a much easier gap to fill for a raid team than player skill.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Completely unrelated note, Sub did demise transfer off of BB?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@Hakaari, I know it doesn't help you feel better, but others have made similar points.

I'll explain how my guild is which might make you feel differently.

The best raid team is the one that shows up, on time and is ready, meets the skill requirement (dps, etc), and comes every time so we don't waste time with catch-up.

I have 8 raiders like this. If they don't sign-up, it doesn't matter, I'm taking them. I use sign-up as a way for declines as much as accepts.

Then, I have about 4-5 people that, for whatever reason, have fallen into my "IFFY" category.
- They don't try to attend EVERY raid.
- They only want to raid one of the two raid nights or every other thursday or something.
- Their work schedule changes sometimes making them unavailable.
- Their internet causes them to mess up on latency dances.
- They are struggling to put up the DPS like others are able to do. I do take their gear into consideration... that is their DPS doesn't match their ilvl.

So, as raid leader... regardless of the sign-up list... I take my eight.

Then, depending on the rest of who is showing up, I struggle to figure out who will go. I know we do fine up to boss XYZ, but then it's fire on the floor or a DPS timer... so I have to pick.

You can, however, ask him what your realistic chances of going are and what he sees his raid team looks like... that is... who are his automatic goes. This will tell you how much opportunity you have. Always keep the questions from his point of view. Even, "what do you think my chances of getting raid might be?" is better than "Why didn't you take me, I am better than joe_blow_em_up?"

I'd tell you just what your RL told you...

- Sign-up for every raid... and be there on time and ready to go and stay the whole period.

- When the raid starts, let the raid leader know you are there and that if they need to pull you in at any time, to just whisper. Then, be prepared to do something else while you wait.

- Stay online the entire raid period.

- If he asks you to come in late because one of his premium guys has to leave early... go

- Ask him to spend time with you.. in 5-mans or LFR so he can see your performance is up to par. An open minded raid leader wants to know his options. Seeing your LFR DPS/Heals/Tanking matters.

In other words, these are the steps to let your raid leader know you are ready to be a raider.

Things to not do.
- Don't complain about not being selected.
- Don't be late.
- Don't sign off early.
- Don't compare yourself to those he take all the time.

The less drama the better....

If it were me, I'd either
(a) tell you up front you are IFFY because... your DPS is weak, you miss frequently, you can't do Wednesdays, etc.
(b) tell you that I like that you are always there and I'd notice and if you are more stable than someone else, I might eventually move your way.

You have to face the fact though, there just may not be a spot for you. If he chooses to take alts over you, that says a lot.

Good luck and... I have one DPS spot open, :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]