Dalaran & Wintergrasp. An RP/WPVP Event.

90 Human Hunter
Rydelle sat quietly at a table in the back of the Legerdemain Lounge in Dalaran. She sipped a small glass of honeymint tea and rested her legs on the great lion that laid at her feet. The lion breathed in deep and let out a long drawn out sigh, obiviously bored with the lack of adventure in its life lately. Rydelle looked down on the lion, releasing a soft smile. "Oh come now, Pryde. It's not so bad, I'm sure trouble will find us soon - Afterall, when has it not?," She said jokingly and went back to her drink.

The lion was right though, things had been fairly uneventful since their dispatch to Northrend. Their days had been filled with chasing whispers and heresay that almost always fell empty. The great, cold, North had grown quiet and Rydelle was restless over it. The Lion nuzzled his face between his paws and released another long sigh, Rydelle took notice and looked back at the Lion. "Alright, alright.. I'll tell you what, if we dont find anything by the end of the week, we can go on a small scouting trip, see what some of the settlements in the East have heard." The Lion responded with a small grunt, obviously indifferent to the suggestion. Rydelle leaned back in her seat, allowing her gaze to wander and her mind to think freely on the matter.

Her gaze fell upon two figures sitting across the room at the bar, their bodies bathed in rich maroon cloaks and their faces hidden by the hoods. "Travelers", Rydelle spoke to herself. "Perhaps, they have heard of anything of interest nearby..." She gave her Lion a smile and rose from her seat and walked towards the strangers. She paused just before she reached them, her ears had caught the voice of the taller, more slender figure. His voice was familiar, it was of a softer tone, but still carried a hint of ferocity, while still sounding as if it could sing. Rydelle, swung around briefly, slipping silently into a table, her back now facing theirs.

The first figure spoke quietly "It's here, flourishing and is entirely without Alliance protection." His fingers following the curve of his glass, making a small whistle as he did so. "We shouldn't waste any further time, the rest will want to know of our findings".

"Indeed" The second figure spoke, but with a harsher more gritty voice. "However, I want to be sure of the numbers we would face, if we mean to take these resources for ourselves.. Enough for now we shouldn't even be discussing these matters here... not all are of our.. brotherhood"

Rydelle sat quietly, listening for more information but the stranger's dicussion had ceased. She was desperate, this was the type of thing she had been sent to Dalaran to investigate. She had to know who these strangers were. But how?

The taller, more slender stranger rose after whispering into the others ear. Less than a foot seperated Rydelle from him at this point. She rose with her tea in hand, and turned as if to place her drink on the bar counter, but pretended to have caught her foot on her seat allowing herself to trip and fall onto the stranger, spilling her tea across his chest. The stranger let out a small hiss, and Rydelle acting the part began to apologize for her clumsiness. Her voice fell silent when her eyes rose up and made contact with the strangers face. She found herself staring into the strangers gaze complete with long elvish eyebrows cradling his bright, green eyes.

"You should watch your step, missy" hissed the blood elf. "You never know who you are going to bump into"

Rydelle didn't respond, she was still recovering from the shock of her discovery. She knew that a fight, here and now with the strangers would be pointless, other than that she was outnumbered as well. She met the strangers gaze head on and held it for a few moments before speaking "My mistake, I am ever so clumsy at times" She dared a final glance at both of the figures before turning, and walking at the door of Legerdemain. She whistled a few notes and her Lion followed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Hello and Salutations to All! <The Gathering> is hosting a cross faction RP/WPVP event this month and we sincerly hope that you all can make it! The event will begin in Dalaran at the Legerdemain Lounge, where RP will occur and fun will be had! The idea of using an online radio station for this portion, as the Horde did for the "Moonberry Rave" is in the works and will be available for those who would wish to be apart of that. Suggestions for the radio station would be appreciated. The RP portion of the evening would conclude when there is 10 minutes remaining untill the Battle for Wintergrasp to begin. At this point, both Horde and Alliance will make their way to the battleground, when it is time - the battle will commence! :)

The Details:

[b]Saturday, March 23rd at 6:00PM Server time
The Legerdemain Lounge in Dalaran.[/b
]---NO FIGHTING DURING THE RP PORTION, SAVE IT FOR THE BATTLE---
When it is ten minutes till, both sides will make their way to Wintergrasp and take position. Once the battle commences, let the fun begin! The Horde did a wonderful job planning the Moonberry Rave, so lets return the favor with another great, server wide event!

If you have any questions, concerns or even suggestions feel free to contact me in game. And please remeber, this is about having fun as a community and if we come together I'm sure we will all have a blast!

/yell "For Veco!"
Edited by Rydelle on 3/4/2013 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/04/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Rydelle
She rose with her tea in hand, and turned as if to place her drink on the bar counter, but pretended to have caught her foot on her seat allowing herself to trip and fall onto the stranger, spilling her tea across his chest.

HOLD MY EARRINGS ))
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I always loved WG.

I am sure you will see some 'Hooves at this event. I'll send a note to the barkeep to roast some oats.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I've thought about wanting to do a Wintergrasp again for old time's sake, but never figured anyone did them. I should be on for this, great idea!
Reply Quote
The grin shall be there. The drinks shall poor and punches will be exchanged... And then we fight!

FEAR THE GRIN!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
/Cheer! It makes me so happy to see support from you all Horde side for this event! Thanks!

Any Alliance folks out there excited for this as well? It's only two weeks away! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Bumpity Bump Bump! The event is getting closer, I hope you are all excited! :)
Reply Quote
I shall rally the Guardians and hopefully we will be well represented. (I unfortunately will be unable to attend personally as there's a poker game going on that night...)
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Hey, I might like to take part in this now I have a level 73 hearthed to Dalaran. Obviously not the WG part of it, unfortunately.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
We'd be happy to have you, Magey! People are welcome to partake in whatever portions they care to!

Braellyn, that's wonderful news! I hope to see The Guardians at the event! Good luck at your poker game! :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Will there be snacks?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Will there be snacks?

Bah! Yes, yes of course!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
*Bump bump bump*

The day is fast approaching! Let's get some more Alliance interest in this! I want a fair fight!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I hope Wilberfoerce will be there. I want a dance with him.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

Cheers.

Dancing? Deary me. You are a beautiful woman, but I must not even let the temptation stand in the way of my monogmay.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Cheers.

Dancing? Deary me. You are a beautiful woman, but I must not even let the temptation stand in the way of my monogmay.

Well, it won't be me, it'll be another Brit, but they're all beautiful and you still won't be able to resist.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yes! This will be very exciting! Hoping to show off my PvP healing skills so do your worst, Horde! :3
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR EVENT IS AS FOLLOWS:

Time: Saturday, March 23rd at 6:00PM Server Time
Dress Code: RP Formal Wear
What to Bring: Whatever fun items you want! I myself will have some Dalaran Drink and Cheese from the neighboring shop to share with those in my party.

Radio Station: Provided by "My80smix.com" I'm not the DJ, so I'm don't exactly know what will be playing, but I listened to it a bit and it sounds like it will be a fun one for the event. Tune in to it and we can have some more dancing fun while listening to the same music, like we did in the Moonberry Rave. Here is the link for the radio station: http://www.live365.com/stations/my80smix

The PvP portion of the event will take place when there is 10 Minutes until the Battle for Wintergrasp begins. At this point, it will be announced that both Horde and Alliance make their way to Wintergrasp, gear up, and to get into position for the battle. When it's time, then we will fight!

Since we are not able to control the time that Wintergrasp actually starts, We will use the battle that starts soonest after the RP portion begins. If, by some chance that time is faster than we like, and people would like to continue the RP portion, we will return to Dalaran and have more fun dancing and RPing.

Any questions, please send me a whisper in game and I'd be happy to help you. Please remember to hold off for the PvP portion, please do not start fighting during the RP portion... And please tune in to the radio station! This will be fun!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'll be there; hope it's a good turnout!

Great event idea^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]