Band of Misfits lvl 25

90 Undead Priest
Woe
You keep finding the percentage of accounts that have alts, not the percentage of alts in the guild. Are you really so inept that you don't understand this?

You have to use the total number of characters MINUS the number of accounts to find the number of alts, then use the number you found and divide by the whole number to find the percentage of alts that make up the guild. Just like you'd use the total number of fruit MINUS the number of apples to find how many oranges, and divide the number you of oranges you just found by the total amount of fruit to determine what percent of oranges made up the total amount of fruit..
Edited by Glau on 3/24/2013 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
How about this:

Band of Misfits has 10 members, but only 5 accounts. Does that mean 50% of the guild is alts, or 100%?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Trick question. It's actually one guy 5 boxing 2 5s teams of ele shamans and frost dks.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
In economics, there is a term called the "opportunity cost," which measures the value sacrificed of doing an action over another. For instance, if one goes to college, what is sacrificed is one could instead be at work making money.

The point I am making here is that the opportunity cost in teaching Sorrow and Co. math is way too high, and yall should probably just give up on it already.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
Not really, it takes a few minutes on my phone to make a post like that. The opportunity cost is next to nothing considering the time it's taking me to write these out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The point I am making here is that the opportunity cost in teaching Sorrow and Co. math is way too high, and yall should probably just give up on it already.

Considering, the only one saying that we're retarded in this thread, is Nerf, you might want to remake your post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nerf; what is the point you are trying to make?

we have 114 people in the guild.
we have 192 total characters.

So 114 people out of 192 total characters are mains. So that means 78 characters are alts, not mains.

You're mixing something up here.

Also, I don't see why you wouldn't just divide 114 people by 192, to find out the %. Of mains vs alts.
Edited by Vod on 3/24/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
my point is your guild is full of sorrows alts, flannis alts, that chicks alts, vars alts. He talks a big game, all he does is say how great he is (see RBG RATING POST, many previous posts). He talks like hes mental...and people would understand moreso...if they were in vent with him.

Get in Ventrilo with Sorrow, then youd understand why im sitting here. The forums isnt the ojnly place he continually boasts or whines in/on

So me sorrow and a few others own 114 accounts? That doesnt compute.

Nobody here said we had 192 players (different people), and to say otherwise is just an attempt to troll.

I like you, and think you're a good priest, but this hatred of sorrow needs to go, because honestly it doesn't matter if he is or sounds like a retard.
Edited by Vod on 3/24/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
31.5 or 32% of BoM = solo accounts
68.5 or 68% of Bom = ALTS

This was your original point, this was also a completely false statement, and shows how lacking you are in "5th grade math".

It's quite hilarious how you're trying to save face by simply retelling me (at least in your own idiot dialect) what I've been trying to teach you from my posts. Who cares what percentage of people have alts in the guild? It's such a terribly worthless statistic.

And your example? Means literally nothing in the context of this thread. At least you finally admitted you were wrong in the last paragraph I guess. Maybe you're at home quietly reflecting on the idiocy you've been putting on display, but somehow I doubt it.
Edited by Glau on 3/24/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
Most guilds have more alts than mains in them.
If everyone in the guild has just 1 alt, then you're looking at a 50/50 ratio. This is not uncommon.
What is uncommon is that over half of BoM are main characters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well either way, there is 114 people in the guild, and 192 total characters, so more than 50% of our total characters are "mains". (roughly 59%)

You had earlier stated that half of the characters in the guild are alts. So my statement of "almost" still stands. In all honesty though, this whole debate is pointless.

Also to answer you as to why we play in this guild with sorrow, its because we like the atmosphere and the people in this guild.

I personally play here, because I know sorrow gets under people's skin, him and dru got under mine just reading the forums when I came back to WoW and I have fun pissing people off so I joined them.

I started wow in a guild called Lost Legion back on Firetree, and we came over here when the server started, BoM is very much like LL, including our world pvp tactics of "zerg that !@#$". We don't "need to zerg" but we also don't care if we do either. Also, the red you're dead mentality, regardless of the situation is why I joined in the first place.
Edited by Vod on 3/24/2013 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Woe
The variables I used don't matter, I was simply using fruit because mains and alts seemed to confuse you. You have 3 variables in the equation, let mains=x , alts=y, and total characters=z.

First you find how many alts are in the guild, or how many oranges make up band of fruit, using 'z - x = y'. Now that you have found y (or alts, or oranges) you must compare it to x (or total number of characters or fruit) by dividing the the variable making up the part you want to find the percentage of (y, or, % of alts in band of misfits, or % of oranges in band of fruit) by the variable that stands for the total amount (z, or, total characters in band of misfits, or total fruit in band of fruit) and multiply it by 100.

Final product being 'y / z = p, then p × 100' which would give you the % of alts that make up band of misfits, or the % of oranges that make up band of fruit.
Edited by Glau on 3/24/2013 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Nerf, have you lost your mind? I never woulda let you into griefsquad with that attitude.

Minus 50 dkp and rep to get ganked alone!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i think in nerfs own mind he thinks he is doing something by bashing me or !@#$ talking the guild but its just the other way around 15 people have joined because of his %^-* talking and the way we do as a whole and players are here becasue its laid back and we dont need to tell everone what to and anyone is welcome to jump in vent and listen to me i laugh at how silly i think you are and what a troll i think you are . i have no issue with you but i think you need some help my friend cause your right on the edge of being a stalker.so if your here talking !@#$ about me or the guild its game over we win cause we have got under your skin enough to wanna post . and you can say that what im doing and blah blah blah when we all know its becasue you wanna be like me but cant so in closeing nerf all i can say is sorry about your dang luck !!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]