Between a rock... and another rock

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi. About 3 months ago, our guild leader had to take a break, until June of this year for work obligations. He trusted the guild to me. I, and a few others have been working our butts off to try and get our guild to a level where we can raid normal(at least) as a guild. It's not happening. We have about 4 or 5 dedicated members who take it seriously and have geared up through dailies and LFR. That group includes 3 or 4 dps and 1 healer. Our tank is good, but refuses to do dailies and has been unlucky in LFR drops so he can't get over that 467 ilvl hump.

Anyway, I want to stay loyal to my guild, but I, and at least 2 other dps and the healer would love to raid normal. First, would it be looked down upon to raid with another guild who could use us but stay in our guild, or is that kind of accepted in this situation? Second, are there any guilds out there on BWR that is close to raiding normal and could use us? Reply here, or send me an in-game mail or pst me.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
... I, and a few others have been working our butts off to try and get our guild to a level where we can raid normal(at least) as a guild. It's not happening. We have about 4 or 5 dedicated members who take it seriously and have geared up through dailies and LFR. That group includes 3 or 4 dps and 1 healer. Our tank is good, but refuses to do dailies and has been unlucky in LFR drops so he can't get over that 467 ilvl hump.

This is the general plight of lower population servers. Until something is done at Blizzard's level to accommodate players in this situation, the alternative is simply raiding elsewhere.

Anyway, I want to stay loyal to my guild, but I, and at least 2 other dps and the healer would love to raid normal. First, would it be looked down upon to raid with another guild who could use us but stay in our guild, or is that kind of accepted in this situation? Second, are there any guilds out there on BWR that is close to raiding normal and could use us? Reply here, or send me an in-game mail or pst me.

No one tends to look down on that type of cross-guild raiding team; its not as uncommon as you'd think. As for finding raiding guilds, I would recommend:

www.wowprogress.com
www.guildox.com

You can do a thorough check of guilds that have cleared bosses in the last tier or two rather easily.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/05/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Nimaj
would it be looked down upon to raid with another guild who could use us but stay in our guild

Personally I wouldn't look down on it. You're paying and playing for your personal enjoyment and while loyalt to a guild is a good thing, it's not so good if it comes at the expense of your enjoyment of the game.

But that doesn't mean that others in your guild would see it the same way, especially as you're the nominal guild leader while your original guild leader is away. You raiding with others outside the guild means fewer available to form a guild raid, and likely no one else trying to help players in the guild raid. Part of it might depend on why the guild was formed in the first place - to raid or just to socialize - and whether you were made leader to keep the guild active or just to make certain the guild reins were handed back to the original guild leader when he returns.

Things on BWR at the rock and a hard place point, especially on Horde which only has about 30% of the realm's population. There just aren't enough players to sustain a good raiding community. I haven't played much on Horde lately but when I do, trade chat is dead. I don't see anyone trying to form groups (no one does on Alliance either), just the occasional player trying to find one.

Last night I got whispers from 2 different players saying farewell because they want to raid - but can't on BWR because there are few too guild raid groups out there looking for more wtih raid times that fit their schedule and no trade pugs to join. I've been trying to recruit for our guild and I get very few responses at all, let alone from players who can make our late raid times.

Contrast that to a high pop realm that one of my guidlies recently transferred a couple of his toons to - he had no problems getting invites to trade pugs running at 10am in the morning just after transferring.

As for your tank, having only 467 gear shouldn't be holding your group back from getting at least a few bosses down in MSV. The first couple of bosses are tuned for players in 463 gear so 467 is a decent pad. Your tank is correct - he shouldn't have to do dailies just to get gear because he is geared well enough for starting MSV. If you're insisting people do dailies to buy VP gear on top of everything else, that is just going to make it that much harder to get the raid group rolling.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hi Nimaj,

The Company is actually looking for a deeper pool of raiders to pull from. We are a casual raiding guild, and our raiding team is mostly made up of working adults who have to take sabbaticals now and then.

Our raid times are Thursdays and Sundays 6:30-9 server time.

We've cleared MSV and 2 bosses in HoF.

We are looking to fill in with dedicated raiders who are willing to gear up through LFR (at least). Raiders must also get along with our current raiders. Guild membership is not required.

I currently need a tank and a few dps, or possibly one healer.

We currently are starting Throne of Thunder, so 467 may be a little low in my opinion, but getting the 522 neck and a few LFR drops should get your tank started.

If you are interested, please contact me through pm, mail, or contact my guild leader, Elori.

Thanks!
Edited by Lornakre on 3/13/2013 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
The Company is actually looking for a deeper pool of raiders to pull from. We are a casual raiding guild, and our raiding team is mostly made up of working adults who have to take sabbaticals now and then.

CORRECTION: We are a casual RP guild who like to raid. *glares at Lorn*

But yes, we have the same issue you do. It's hard to build a lasting group here but BWR is our home and we're doing the best we can with what we've got. Chat us up sometime, maybe we could even do some kind of trial run in MV together.... the worst that could happen is we all die horribly...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Um, yea, what she said.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah Lornakre and I kept missing each other yesterday due to some tech issues I was having. I mailed him in game to let him know, I set up a guild MSV run this evening at 4 pm server time. I'm going to see how many who swear they want to raid will actually show up.

If this doesn't work, I do know myself and a couple of others would love the opportunity that you are offering. I'll let you know how this evening goes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Any time any of y'all are ever looking for extra people to run with feel free to hit me up. I have several different toons that I can go on. The only downside is i have a M-F evening job and usually not able to get on until around 8 server. I am usually around all weekend tho. Feel free to send me a wisper or mail and I'll be more than happy to add ya to my friends list. Also if you want you can always yell for me (or at me lol) in trade and if I'm on someone will let me know. Can never have enough people on my friends list that are up for random good times of trying to see if we can cover the whole floor in bones :P.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]