The Seven Wonders of the World... of Warcraft

97 Human Warlock
1.1 ~Introduction~ 1.1

Well, hello! As the precision instruments inhabiting your eyes have noticed (unless you're wearing two eye-patches at once, then the fact that you found this thread is a pure miracle), I'm Arthul... and Domicus... and Mythrager and what-have-you. Hopefully your precision instruments have happened to notice that you have stumbled across The Seven Wonders of the World... of Warcraft thread, a.k.a. The Seven Legendaries of the World of Warcraft. Since I'm inexperienced in starting threads on Forums of WoW, and considering there are quite a few people who may or may not like me (even though I'm a pretty nice guy, in all honesty), I can tell this is going to go well . Let's move on, shall you + I?
Edited by Arthul on 9/30/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.2 ~Table of Contents~ 1.2

1.1 - Introduction
1.2 - Table of Contents
1.3 - Why even think of starting this thread, Dom?
1.4 - List of Legendaries I am seeking
1.5 - Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
1.6 - Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
1.7 - Warglaives of Azzinoth
1.8 - Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
1.9 - Val'anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings
2.0 - Shadowmourne
2.1 - Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
2.2 - Reserved
2.3 - Reserved
2.4 - Reserved
2.5 - Reserved
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.3 ~Why even think of starting this thread, Dom?~ 1.3

Well, you see, back in the day, there was this one very ancient game Mesopotamian game developed by Jagex Studios. It was known as Runekraft... wait, no, RuneScape. So many "Craft" games out nowadays. Anyways, when it came to this 'Scape game, it had a great community. The people were great, the community was just awesome, I made lots of friends, and I still play it (albeit rarely) to this very day. Keyword in the previous sentence being community. When I first discovered what a forum exactly was (internet wise), I was all over that. I couldn't go 5 minutes without at least taking a quick peek at the threads, whether I was bumping up my old clan threads (Diamond Dragons R.I.P. as well as Equinox), or talking with random people on General Discussion threads.

One day, I came across a certain thread. This one, caught my attention very quickly. Before I discovered this thread, 4k in gold made me feel like a King. Soon afterwards, 400 million made me feel like a God, and I had put in such little effort as well, besides killing a few things. That's because, this thread I came across was a loot thread. I wish I remembered the author. She would, every day, tally all the loot and gear she would come across, add up the total amount of gold she would make off it, and release it into the thread, as well as some tips on how to increase the amount of gold you had. The people I met on that thread were awesome. This thread would serve now as a sort of inspiration for this thread now.

See, recently I've been thinking of the good old days on RuneScape, and I've also recently earned my first legendary, Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. After all that time spent farming Raggy, and finally getting the weapon, I decided, "Hey Dom, you know how you were sort of inspired by that old RuneScape thread back in the day? And you remember how you tried to make one once and it failed completely? You should avenge that thread you made and create one, based off of the Legendaries in WoW.".

Now I'm finally putting that into effect. Now, I don't expect people to support me or to pat me on the back or whisper me saying "Hey, keep up the good work", or possibly help me with my en-devours by gathering items for me, which is taking them away from what they want to do in the game. In some cases, I might even refuse. Sure, some help is nice, but not expect, and I won't hate you for a little constructive criticism. (HAHAHHAHAHH FAIL LOL ALLI TRSH ggET A LIFE, isn't constructive criticism, if you type like that I'll actually pity you.) And I don't expect this thread to get as far as that thread, especially since I'm writing this onto this server's forum, but I thought I might as well let people know that this realm, while they may whine that it's "dead, and finally turning over and showing it", still has some sort of activity (unless there's a hidden one I don't know about, consisting of ookin monkeys). Maybe I'll still just get trolled. There's only one way to find out though.
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.4 ~List of Legendaries I am seeking~ 1.4

Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros **~~DONE~~**
Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker **~~DONE~~**
Warglaive of Azzinoth and Warglaive of Azzinoth ~Not even close~
Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury ~Not even close~
Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings ~Not even close~
Shadowmourne ~~Somewhat done!~~
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest ~Not even close~
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.5 ~Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros~ 1.5

Info: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros is the weapon of choice for Ragnaros the Firelord. This weapon is not dropped, but rather may be created by anyone who has obtained both the Sulfuron Hammer and the Eye of Sulfuras. A blacksmith with a minimum skill of 300 is required to make a Sulfuron Hammer, and the Eye drops only and rarely from Ragnaros himself. The plans for the Sulfuron Hammer are obtained by turning in a Sulfuron Ingot into Lokhtos Darkbargainer in the Grim Guzzler in Blackrock Depths. There is no reputation requirement to receive the plans. (Info received from http://www.wowhead.com/item=17182).

Progress:

Day 1 - DONE! In one day. Kidding, of course :P. See, by the time I started this forum, I already had old Sulfy. Do you honestly want to know how long it took to earn this god-forsaken weapon? (No offence, Sulfuras is actually pretty awesome.) About 1 year and 1 month. That's almost as long as it took me to get my Purple Proto-Drake. I have a total of 40 kills on silly Ragnaros. 1 kill=1 week. Now add that up with the weeks I thought I had already killed him and I missed the kill of the week or was just too lazy, and you'll see that my guess of 1 year and 1 month is a pretty wild guess.

Tips: Erm... be really determined, listen to music while raiding him (I prefer The Lumineers or Of Monsters and Men) and don't become bored? Other than that, no clue... other than sell surplus materials for the moneys and make sure to kill ALL the bosses before you proceed to Ragnaros, and make sure to kill ALL the bosses except Ragnaros before you proceed to Majordomo Executus, else you can't continue. But you know that already... right?
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.6 ~Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker~ 1.6

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker is the legendary sword once wielded by Thunderaan, Prince of Air. The prince, son of Al'Akir the Windlord, was attacked by Ragnaros the Firelord, in an attempt to heighten the already impressive power that the fire elemental held. Ragnaros succeeded; however, Thunderaan's power could not be completely taken into his form. What remained of Thunderaan was placed in a talisman of elemental binding, which was broken into two pieces. The pieces were then given to the Firelord's two lieutenants, Baron Geddon and Garr, respectively the left and right halves. These two halves are known as the [Bindings of the Windseeker]. (Info received from http://www.wowhead.com/item=19019).

Progress:

Day 1 - 3/1/13 - Almost done! I'm currently on the last component of making this epi- no, Legendary weapon, which is making the arcanite bars. If you know anything about those, you know that they require x100 Arcane Crystals. The drop rate on those via ore veins makes me want to cry. :'(. Currently, I'm on 62/100, so I should be done in no time.

Day 2 - 3/2/13 Almost almost done! Went around Winterspring for about an hour, mined my way to 77/100 Arcane Crystals. After some boredom I decided to go check the auction house for some. There were 6 up for only 15 gold a piece! After grabbing that deal, I'm at 83/100 currently. Might finish tonight!

Day 6 - 3/6/13 Finished! After what... a year of farming Molten Core and Blackwing Lair... I finally have all the currently available Vanilla WoW Legendaries! Bought the last of the Arcane Crystals from a guildie, and after around 5 minutes of making the bars, my goal was complete. I then made my way to Silithus, and finished off Thunderan... I have to say, quite the epic looking boss he was, and the killing blow on him causing him to throw his Thunderfury in the air... just epic.

Tips - If you're focusing mainly on Thunderfury and not Sulfuras, be a lucky person and grab the bindings (the two legendary quest items) off of Garr and Baron Geddon. In order to make the weapon, you need to start the legendary quest associated with Thunderfury, which can be started in the North-western part of Silithus, a.k.a. The Crystal Vale.

One of the materials you'll need is Enchanted Elementium Bar. To make those, you need x100 Arcane Crystals and x100 Thorium Bars. If you get the crystals before the bars, I will find you and slap you. The bars are very easy to earn, just scour Winterspring for Thorium Ore Veins, which are abundant there and not very contested. The crystals can be mined from those very same Veins. They have about a 10% of being mined. Have fun spending hours mining them like me!
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.7 ~Warglaives of Azzinoth~ 1.7
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.8 ~Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury~ 1.8
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
1.9 ~Val'anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings~ 1.9
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
2.0 ~Shadowmourne~ 2.0
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
2.1 ~Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest~ 2.1
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
2.2 ~Reserved~ 2.2
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
2.3 ~Reserved~ 2.3
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
2.4 ~Reserved~ 2.4
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Human Warlock
2.5 ~Reserved~ 2.5
Edited by Arthul on 3/6/2013 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]