Please read before you make a guild here!

Sorry if this seems too forward, but this has been an issue for a while on this server and needs to be addressed.

It seems like a new guild is coming to Hyjal's Horde Side every couple of days. Normally, I would be all for guilds expanding to our server. However, seeing the current problem that the server is having, I'll say this:

If you're looking to start a guild, transfer a guild, or anything else over to Hyjal, then turn and go the other direction. PLEASE RUN AWAY. Recruitment is extremely difficult on this server (more difficult than any server I've ever been in). Guilds are disbanding left and right because they can't fill a raiding core with such a small pool of available raiders. The guild to player ratio on this server is absurdly high and we need to find a way to get it down.

I think there are two 25-mans left on the entire horde side. Five of the top 15 guilds have disbanded over the last few months. A lot of the smaller guilds are having to disband and even finding PUGs can prove to be a challenge, because everyone gets tied to a raid on Tuesday.

Obviously it's too late for my raid group, but that's not why I'm making this post. This has been a problem for a while and, when guilds are coming to this server, they need to have a reference of warning before they try to fill half a raid group with Hyjal players. Looking at the forums now, I see 3 new posts for guilds transferring here near the top. One of those guilds is looking for 6 raiders and, honestly, they're probably not going to make it. On Blackrock or Illidan, filling 6 raiders isn't difficult, but here it's nearly impossible.

So I beg you, if you're a new guild thinking of transferring here, look for another server. Not for our sake, but for your own too. Even if you have a full lineup people are going to eventually leave.

Anyway, I'd love to here other people's thoughts on this issue. If you think I have a skewed perception of the raiding situation on Hyjal then please let me know but from my raid leading experience on here, this is just what I've noticed.

Some statistics:

-There are currently 156 Horde guilds on Hyjal who have registered progression (It might be higher, Im not sure in WoWprogress has a cap?)

-There are 3,633 max level characters on Hyjal's Horde Side

-I can't make an accurate assumption on how many raiders are in the pool. If I had to completely guess, considering PvP, inactivity, casuals, backups, alts, etc.. I'd say there are about 600-700 raiders currently in the pool, which would be enough to sustain 60-70 10-mans. Once again, that's a wild guess as I don't know a good way to accurately predict that number.
Edited by Mmurrggll on 3/2/2013 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
If you're looking to start a guild, transfer a guild, or anything else over to Hyjal, then turn and go the other direction. PLEASE RUN AWAY. Recruitment is extremely difficult on this server (more difficult than any server I've ever been in). Guilds are disbanding left and right because they can't fill a raiding core with such a small pool of available raiders. The guild to player ratio on this server is absurdly high and we need to find a way to get it down.

I'd like to think that it's a high+ population server problem. It's the same deal here on Proudmoore Alliance side.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Plus the faction changing is not helping, lots of alliance players and guilds going horde on the same server.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/02/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Demichelis
I'd like to think that it's a high+ population server problem. It's the same deal here on Proudmoore Alliance side.

Quite possibly. People see high server and think that there would be a good chance of filling their raid rosters with back-ups and good quality players for the actual roster.

But the truth of the matter is this: it is a difficult to task to recruit, especially if it's for raid ready players. That narrows the valid raiders according to a possible statistic done by the OP. Narrow down that number by people of a certain ilvl, then those that fit your holes in the rosters, and then if they can actually fit well with the group (chemistry, raid awareness, etc). It's difficult, and not really all that difficult to see why.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My guess is sites like wow progress and guild OX are leading people here. At a quick glance it seems that if you are horde, want a PvE realm, and want a server for the Pacific Time Zone then Hyjal will be the first you come across. People see the raid progress, the time zone, and the fact that the server is continually becoming horde heavier and heavier daily and they come.

In fact scrolling through guildOX just now I couldn't find another realm that was PvE, Pacific Time zone, US-English, and Horde favoured. I skimmed quickly so I could have missed it but I suspect that this realm will see more and more horde arriving.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tocsinn, and personally, that's cool. Horde players, I say come on over. It's GUILDS that are causing the problems and the frustration for quite a few.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh I hear ya. I'm just thinking out loud that it's probably going to get worse before it gets better for you recruitent type folks. I think in a game this old people form too many friendships to just drop them and join a new guild. So they come as new guilds or groups of friends who all want to join the same raid team.

We can hope they read this and see what they are coming to but I still believe you will all see an influx of more guilds/groups coming over. There still seems to be very limited options for Horde friendly PvE realms with a west coast time zone :(

Sad to hear about all these quality raid groups breaking up. I wish you all the best of luck :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Sorry if this seems too forward, but this has been an issue for a while on this server and needs to be addressed.

It seems like a new guild is coming to Hyjal's Horde Side every couple of days. Normally, I would be all for guilds expanding to our server. However, seeing the current problem that the server is having, I'll say this:

To add onto this, Hyjal is a very old server. Those of us who have been on here for a couple of expansions are probably already in guilds with friends. That doesn't stop people from transferring here every week and we always seem to have pug raids forming.

I think there are two 25-mans left on the entire horde side.
Three 25-mans actually: TF, Forgotten Aspects, and us (Advent Fury). All the other 25m guilds have stopped raiding or broken down into 10m. Edit: I forgot Minions Inc. :( Sorry.

Five of the top 15 guilds have disbanded over the last few months. A lot of the smaller guilds are having to disband and even finding PUGs can prove to be a challenge, because everyone gets tied to a raid on Tuesday.
Sadly this is true, but I'd like to think this thing happens at the start of every xpac or when people begin to tire of the current tier. At the moment, I think we have about 10-15 guilds still actively progressing through Heroics.

Obviously it's too late for my raid group, but that's not why I'm making this post. This has been a problem for a while and, when guilds are coming to this server, they need to have a reference of warning before they try to fill half a raid group with Hyjal players. Looking at the forums now, I see 3 new posts for guilds transferring here near the top. One of those guilds is looking for 6 raiders and, honestly, they're probably not going to make it. On Blackrock or Illidan, filling 6 raiders isn't difficult, but here it's nearly impossible.
This is a problem I think guilds really should look at before transferring. I'm not saying Hyjal is a bad server; it has great people and I've been here for a pleasant 7 1/2 years. You just shouldn't have one server in mind if you're looking to transfer for recruitment purposes.

Some statistics:

-There are currently 156 Horde guilds on Hyjal who have registered progression (It might be higher, Im not sure in WoWprogress has a cap?)

-There are 3,633 max level characters on Hyjal's Horde Side

-I can't make an accurate assumption on how many raiders are in the pool. If I had to completely guess, considering PvP, inactivity, casuals, backups, alts, etc.. I'd say there are about 600-700 raiders currently in the pool, which would be enough to sustain 60-70 10-mans. Once again, that's a wild guess as I don't know a good way to accurately predict that number.
To add onto these:
- 43 Heroic Stone Guard Kills
- 12 Heroic Will kills (3 25m, 9 10m)
- 5 Heroic Empress kills (1 25m, 4 10m)
- 1 Heroic Sha kill (25m)
- Most of the current active guilds are marked as Recruiting.

If you're transferring over solo or with a few friends, you're bound to join a guild together that is probably around your level of play. If you're coming over with just a little over 10 or 25 or have open recruitment spots, this probably isn't the first place you should be looking for.

That being said, Horde side Hyjal seems to have a great community of guilds that know each other (this coming from someone who played Alliance up until Dragon Soul).
Edited by Shadun on 3/7/2013 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Try playing alliance Hyjal... Kind of shocked to hear horde having issues with recruiting on this server, but after reading each post it makes sense. The problem is the amount of guilds vs players. This may be due to wanting to play with friends or just not wanting to change routines from being in the same guild for months or even years.

To give specific examples I'll take you back to when TC went 10man mid T11. We had a decline in raiders as more faction changes on this server were occuring around that time than before (or that I had noticed before)but we were still barely able to raid 25mans. Over a few weeks I talked to almost every 10man guild on alliance within a few kills of us at the time, some only 4 normal and us ~10 at the time. The result was nobody wanted to work something out. Nobody was willing to adjust raid days or times even by a minute as everyone was happy doing their own thing. I don't know if this was fear of change or just being stubborn as in many cases some of those guild were having issues filling raids also and some nolonger exist, or at least don't raid. In the end we went 10man and been that way for the past few tiers.

To me it seems the horde issues are similar, but with a larger player base. You may have a large amount of players, but when you have so many guilds with most having 4-5 great players, but just want to play with their friends they've made, the number of available recruits becomes smaller than you'd think.

When the 10/25 man gear will be the same arguement came up years ago I didn't really care much for debating it but I did prefer to stay 25man; although, after being 10man for a couple of years I'm happier with it than I thought I would be years ago. I believe that change is the root of the problem we are seeing today. Ever since this change was made more new 10mans pop up every few months, and the existing ones suffer to some extent. The fact of the issue is there is very little that can be done about it without going back to the old ways of 1 size raids, but this would cause such a huge arguement that it's not in Blizz's best interest to do so, and we simply have to find our own ways to adjust to the problems.

Figured I'd throw my 2 cents in while waiting for servers to come up. Just be glad you aren't trying to recruit on alliance though... Been looking for a tank all expansion and our ret has seemingly taken the spot unwanted on a permanent basis.
Edited by Andas on 3/5/2013 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ouch. And kind of understandable. Didn't realize that Alliance and Horde had such similar problems on Hyjal, but, I've also never really played Alliance anywhere.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
This is an interesting issue. My guild joined this server recently from a very low pop server and we were there for 6 years. We stuck around as long as we could but the pool of players was dried up. This server is much better than where we came from and we discussed moving for a couple months.

We decided that Hyjal was as good as any... and it is much better than most.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Minions Inc is a 25m raiding guild that is still active and running 25's.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
This will be interesting ...

My guild has spent the past month looking at new servers. We're currently on Cenarius (we're the only Horde heroic raiding there) and many of us in our 25-man group have been there since day-of-release. However, the Horde side is extremely low population (but overall server population is fine). We've been talking and having conversations with the folks in charge about doing something about this but we've seen no action. We're just not able to continue recruiting raiders to come to a server with a very low population and stagnant AH economy.

So we're moving and based on our research we're going to make a move to Hyjal.

And while we're bringing a fairly stable group of rosters we already have up to five more folks who want to raid with us and join our community but didn't want to do so on Cenarius.

I look forward to joining this server and participating in the community.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Welcome to the party Pal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Somewhat of a tongue in cheek question, but if a guild can't make it on the ~15th highest horde pop server on US realms, where are they supposed to go? To lower pop servers? To higher pop servers? I imagine each one of those presents its own problems.

I just don't know if it's a problem unique to Hyjal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's not, I'd imagine. But if they're a raid focused guild-which quite a few are-and they cannot get the player base, they need to take one for the team and maybe look into merging with another guild. It sucks, yes, but it can only benefit if management is willing to communicate beforehand and come to agreements on different things.

A guild about a month or two ago left because of the influx. Don't know if that was unique or not. But in all honesty, it's not about the population as it is the ratio of the population to the number of guilds, as the OP originally said.
Reply Quote
I actually did forget about Minions Inc, my apologies. I also thought Forgotten had broken into 10 man, but it seems they're still 25man.

To reiterate though, it's just about the guild to player ratio. A lot of low-pop servers are hard to recruit on because the skill-set is generally very, very low. A lot of high-pop servers attract tons of guilds thinking they will have access to a very deep recruitment pool. From my experience, medium-pop servers are usually the most balanced and the best for quality recruitment.

The thing about the really, really high-pop servers (Illidan/Blackrock) is that there are available players. However, they're only available because those servers attract guild hoppers. You can hop from one guild to the next weekly and never see the end of the tunnel. That makes it extremely difficult to keep players and, honestly, 2/3rds of our raid group on Blackrock had mental disorders. Paranoid Schizophrenics and Manic Depressives composed 7/10 of our members, haha.

To go back to your point, every server has their ups and downs and our down happens to be that the guild to player ratio is absurd. I just think it needs to be communicated is all, for the sake of people on the server and people who are thinking of transferring.

Hopefully the influx of activity from this patch's release will help a little, haha.
Edited by Mmurrggll on 3/11/2013 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
not sure if this is the best thread for it but also is it me or is there no pvp here either in any BG i dont see any other hyjal players and i cant find anyone for anything but maybe 2s on a tuesday night...i think it has so many older players here they come on do thier normal daily or raiding thing and its done btw if any one is looking for someone for a battlegrounds group alliance or horde let me know :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ya my guild on hyjal has had the same issue but not with disbanding but with players that lacking the ability to show up on time or show up at all, you can have a guild on this server made up with 400+ members and no one will sign up or show up to guild events.What are people doing? I blame it on a number of different things one being LFR now that this system is in place people don't want to do 10s or 25s and also the imbalance of the servers it self.I could go on and on but I won't how ever the issue is frustrating and is why some of us went to a different server with some of are characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]