Am I going crazy?

100 Orc Warlock
I've been playing around with Grimoire of Supremacy and Sacrifice lately. I noticed my dps seemed higher using Supremacy. Maybe it's the pet giving the extra damage? Or my stats? Sacrifice on the other hand boosts chaos bolt quite a bit; but I still do less dps.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or is it just me?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
For Supremacy, I've been trying the Observer and the Fel Imp. Hard to choose one!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
In destro it's entirely possible.

In Affliction, where you're stacking mastery almost exclusively (which pets don't benefit from), you can't compare the two without regemming between fights.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Sorry. I forgot to mention this is about Destruction spec and the grimoires
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
suposedly for destro if u use ur observer rather then sac you do alot more DPS
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/02/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Darkjackal
suposedly for destro if u use ur observer rather then sac you do alot more DPS
Pleeeease stop posting in threads with completely wrong information.

Currently, Sac is still best UNLESS you stack full haste and go for a sustained DPS spec, then they're pretty much even. The reason you see more DPS in Sup than Sac may be due to less than ideal rotation. If you're using CBs incorrectly or using other spells incorrectly then you will likely see more damage with Sup. Sup will give you the same DPS whether you are good at your rotation or not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
03/02/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Pleeeease stop posting in threads with completely wrong information.

That would be like 99% of the stuff I read on this forum though :<
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Loktronotron posted on my thread? Sweet. I'll give Sac another go. You mentioned about using cb wrong, how so? I never cast cb with backdraft, but is there something I'm missing in between?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
That would be like 99% of the stuff I read on this forum though :<
Unfortunately. Makes it harder for people who are actually trying to get better when a majority of posts are whining or false information. We are usually good as a whole to get the right info out there though, so I'm not too worried about wrong information floating around as long as the right information gets presented to counter it.

Loktronotron posted on my thread? Sweet. I'll give Sac another go. You mentioned about using cb wrong, how so? I never cast cb with backdraft, but is there something I'm missing in between?
It's mostly about managing your procs. I set up power auras to show the spell icons for all of my buffs (Dark Soul, Blood Fury, Light of Cosmos, jade spirit, lightweave, Relic of Yulong). The goal is to drop CBs when you have large procs active (I sort them in order of how much they affect my CB on my screen). If I have 3-4 of my procs up I'm going to drop a CB or two (unless there's a period coming up where I know I'll need the burst). Ideally you will also have DS up when your procs come up, but it's not always the case. If you're dropping CBs when you have 0-1 proc then you're basically just wasting it. A 0 proc CB doesn't hit all that much more than a fully procced incinerate crit. The only time you would ever drop a CB without procs is if you are at 4 embers or oom, but if you get to that point you are likely managing your embers wrong.

I almost never sit and stack 4 embers then pop CDs and drop them all. I usually try to pool embers up for when I get DS back up, but it's a slow pool dropping CBs when I have a few procs. I still build them up faster than I use them, but it's slow enough so that I never really find myself at 4 embers without procs or oom without procs to drop my CB on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]