5.2 mages pvp how were they looking?

i've spent a bit of time away from my mage so no idea what is really going on with them now and going to happen in 5.2 so hoping one of you lovely people can give me a quick run down and if it'll be worth coming back to him purely for pvp in 5.2 :) cheers
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
They've changed a bit, and will definitely be viable. As for frost, ring will no longer be top notch, and will be generally replaced by ice ward. Since ice ward is instant cast, PoM wont be quite as important, and most mages will run blazing speed instead. Flameglow is also a great talent, and will be used over temporal shield and ice barrier.

As for fire, since scorch was made baseline for the spec, many fire mages will run PoM to easily score 4-pyroblast combos and smash their foes into the dust like nothing.

And as for arcane... Well dont ask me about arcane. I have no clue. All I know is that their ramp-up will take less time.

So yeah, mages are looking pretty fine for 5.2. But that shouldn't be why you're coming back to him. Rerolling Fotm classes gets you nowhere. Play what you love playing and youll get further no matter what.
Reply Quote
thanks for the insight :)

yeh i know but i love my mage and my rogue have played them both for a very long time...just cant work out which one to go for come 5.2 haha...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/03/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Coltron
Flameglow is also a great talent, and will be used over temporal shield and ice barrier.

No.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/03/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Xiun
Flameglow is also a great talent, and will be used over temporal shield and ice barrier.

No.

Yeah had to stop reading there. Not sure if trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Also ring is stilla good talent in certain situations, even without pom
Reply Quote
sounds like ill keep playing my mage :)...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]