Magnificent Hide Pack?

100 Night Elf Hunter
Can someone tell me where LW's get this pattern? I have gone to the LW trainers and they dont have it. I also check with Golden Lotus, which is where we got all LW patterns for MoP other than the PVP stuff. I also check the PVP LW vendor.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I too am wondering this. I've searched everyone to no avail...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone get the magnificence of leather recipe yet?

does it drop from kills or from skinning the kills?
Edited by Natureswrath on 3/5/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
From the patch notes:

Leatherworking
New raid and PvP patterns have been added. Leatherworkers can acquire these new patterns via the daily Magnificence of Leather or Magnificence of Scales cooldown.
Patterns for Magnificence of Leather and Magnificence of Scales could be found via world drops. These patterns allow the leatherworker to create Magnificent Hides more economically and share a daily cooldown.
A new 36 slot leather bag (Magnificent Hide Pack) can now be created through Leatherworking.

Looks like a random world drop to get daily research that has a random chance to give random patterns, probably including the bag.

Fun. Wait no, I'm thinking of the opposite. Not fun.
Edited by Hudax on 3/5/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I got http://www.wowhead.com/spell=140041 from http://es.wowhead.com/npc=63586, i just kill about 3 or 4, i supouse it´s just killing npcs
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just farmed this up myself killing the Stonebark tricksters. Didn't take long, ~5 minutes.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=58545/stonebark-trickster
Edited by Tritonis on 3/5/2013 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Anyone get the magnificence of leather recipe yet?

does it drop from kills or from skinning the kills?

i just killed turtles by the new rare godo the turtle.. and i got both within maybe like 15-20 mins prob 20-30 turtles killed
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I got both of the magnificence of leather and scale recipes within 2 or 3 minutes of each other but have yet to get the bag recipe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ok, so is the Bag recipie a drop or discovery?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ok, so is the Bag recipie a drop or discovery?

Not sure. I've looked online and haven't seen any confirmations on the source. I got the two new daily learning recipes in my first few kills right after the patch hit. I've used them twice since then and have only learned new things for other classes. -.-;
I was hoping I could just buy the new bag pattern, but I'll keep doing my Magnificence daily learning and hope for the best.
Edited by Ruatén on 3/6/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Can someone tell me where LW's get this pattern? I have gone to the LW trainers and they dont have it. I also check with Golden Lotus, which is where we got all LW patterns for MoP other than the PVP stuff. I also check the PVP LW vendor.

It looks to me like the only way to learn the bag recipe is to use either the magnificence of leather or scales recipe once a day.

To be more specific, kill Stonebark Tricksters in Vale until you have both Magnificence recipes. Learn the recipes.

Make a magnificent hide with the new recipe. I learned the recipe for a crafted Dreadful item on the first try, but I don't know if that is par for the course or unusually quick.

When you make a magnificent hide with the new recipe, if you learn another new recipe, it shows up in your professions tab automatically. You don't generate a scroll or item of any type. You will get a yellow message in your chat box that you learned a new recipe. In Vale, the message is easy to miss because of trade spam, etc.

I know all of this was stated in pieces above, I just wanted to clarify and consolidate (at least my experience) to make it less confusing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My LW is 86. I started him on the new Nesingwary quests and got the magnificence of leather plans to drop before I finished the first round of creature killings. It doesn't have to be farmed in the new zone. No clue about the bag yet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
You don't have to kill anything special to obtain Pattern: Magnificence of Leather or Pattern: Magnificence of Scales, I got them while farming for Wildfowl Breast in the Valley of the Four Winds.

No idea on the pack however.
Edited by Tasida on 3/6/2013 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dungeons
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Got these 2 on my 85 rogue. One dropped rather quickly on lvl 86 animals in 4 winds, but when the other didn't drop by the time I had collected 9 stacks of sha-touched leather and 2 stacks of exotic, I logged out and logged back in. The 2nd pattern dropped on the first set of mobs I killed afterwards! Possible I killed a mob and didn't loot it and it eliminated the possiblity of it dropping again until I relogged.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Looks like a random world drop to get daily research that has a random chance to give random patterns, probably including the bag.

This. Once you get the daily research, it is a discovery system to learn the bag. At least that is my understanding.
Reply Quote
6 Goblin Rogue
I got both in a single run though of heroic Scarlett Monastery! If that helps ?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
got from doing dailies
Reply Quote
They can drop from anything in MoP.

I got both of mine from a single scenario. I preferred going that way because queues tend to be very quick and lots of mobs to kill.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Half of the responses aren't even relevant to the original topic, only stating that they've acquired the Magnificence of Leather and Magnificence of Scales.

We're looking for Magnificent Hide Pack (36 slot bag)! I have yet to find where to obtain the pattern for this. No information is given in the patch notes, and all new recipes I've learned using Magnificence of Leather have only been gear for Shamans.

Considering the Magnificent Hide Pack requires seven(7) Magnificent Hides, I assume that it is either rare to learn, or is learned after learning all the other patterns you gain from using Magnificence of Leather/Magnificence of Scales.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]