Elder Charms??

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I wrote that and I happen to like the dailies. What I appreciated even more was the fact that my Charms were guaranteed if I did them. Now I fully admit that in the next few weeks I will likely end up with 2-3 times as many Charms as by the old method. But none of that is guaranteed, it is completely up to the RNG gods, and I just happen to think that removing the quest for Elder Charms was ill-advised, and furthermore adds to the ridiculous currency bloat that is really starting to plague this game.
90 Orc Warlock
so much rage about a BONUS roll

a few weeks from now we'll all have more elder coins than we need. Because eventually we won't need any.
100 Human Warlock
I didn't find any charms out and about today, but I did get one of those loot keys. Not quite sure where these chests are but the isle was pretty crowded so they may have been found already.

I did find potions to swig though.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hypothetical Blizzard announcement tomorrow:

Great news everyone! Due to forum feedback, we have decided to restore the quest for turning in 90 Lesser Charms for 3 Elder Charms. Go forth and enjoy your loot!

Within an hour, you'll end up with this thread on the forums:

GG Blizz, you screwed us over again! Now we have to farm up 180 charms every day just to stay competitive! Why do you FORCE us to do all this stuff? Why can't I play the way I want to play?

The natural Blizzard response the following day:

Great news everyone! Due to forum feedback, we have altered the Lesser Charms turn-in quest! There is only one quest now, but you can choose Elder Charms OR Mogu Runes! You only need to spend 90 Lesser Charms per week! Enjoy!

You probably know what the forum response would be:

What is WRONG with you guys at Bli$$ard? Now I can't get Elder Charms AND Mogu Runes! I only get ONE of them!!!1 I need both to gear up for your stupid raids! That's it, I'm canceling my 15 accounts TOMORROW cuz you won't let me play the way I want!

The point to this? It's this: Very few decisions that Blizzard makes are going to appeal to everyone. Actually, the number is likely zero. No matter what they do, someone is going to be upset. So they strive for the best balance possible. Something that will appeal to the majority of people and/or be the best design. Hopefully those are the same.

Ultimately, I'm sorry for anyone that is negatively impacted by this design, but it's overall fairly good. I personally support it. It's not likely to change, but I certainly wish you the best in your gaming.
95 Gnome Warlock
Blizzard gave us ways of getting elder coins that don't involve dailies so go get them and shut your trap.

RNG isn't a good means of distributing something that the Devs state is the key to getting geared up through LFR.

03/05/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Xanzül
Blizzard provided new methods of getting elder coins and to be honest the blue was absolutely right the person crying about elder charms doesn't need them.

Except gear out of T14 so that he can run T15, since they've locked the entirety of T15's LFR behind a 7 week long gradual release.
90 Human Paladin
so after having done every single lfr today availeable which i believe was a total of 16 bosses, i got 2 pieces of loot out of 16 which comes down to 12.5% and this was a significant increase? u expect us to gear alts through lfr like this?
100 Troll Druid
03/05/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
and with the other hand, make it much harder to obtain Elder Charms for those raids?

Considering you can almost literally find them just laying around in chests on the island, I wouldn't say it's necessarily harder to obtain them. Getting 90 Lesser Charms to convert into 3 probably took more time than it'll take to find 3 on the island.

well here is the deal, it is harder, i have not found any info on this but when u open flood gates the chests are extremely hard to find and are not seen by all, i was in a group that sat on a chest to see if i could see and loot it because of needing a 3rd stone, it was invis for me and not my friend. Also the looting is quite buggy for the rares, without looting a key i seen a key on a corpse of a rare and was not able to loot it. Also are the keys once per day, per week, or how ever often you can get it?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'd feel better if I knew what mobs the keys dropped off. Is it any mob on the island, only rares, only Mogu, only Zandalari?? I honestly have no idea.....
90 Gnome Warrior
aus
You're ilvl 486, why are you looking for bonus rolls on 5.0 raids?

That's not a very good answer. I am 485/483 But I am still going to be running Terrace LFR for my sha touched weapon as i have the previous 15?(according to statistics) times.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/05/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Juby

That's not a very good answer. I am 485/483 But I am still going to be running Terrace LFR for my sha touched weapon as i have the previous 15?(according to statistics) times.

What you said, but also there are plenty of us who have been unlucky with Tier 14 drops and are going to want the set for Transmog/completionist purposes regardless of whether we need the gear or not.
93 Night Elf Hunter
03/05/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
and with the other hand, make it much harder to obtain Elder Charms for those raids?

Considering you can almost literally find them just laying around in chests on the island, I wouldn't say it's necessarily harder to obtain them. Getting 90 Lesser Charms to convert into 3 probably took more time than it'll take to find 3 on the island.
Your picture keeps taunting me....QUIT IT! DX
90 Human Warlock
I got on today with 0 charms. I got off today with 16.
90 Undead Death Knight
This just goes to show you can't please everyone. I meant I got 12 elder charms in 1 day and you have people complaining that you can't turn in 90 lesser charms for 3 elder charms anymore? Why would you do that and not use them on the mogu runes? Just doesn't make sense. Elder charms are so common now that they're being used for making the treasure run easier.
95 Gnome Warlock
I got on today with 0 charms. I got off today with 16.

And I've seen someone win Ashes of Alar the first time they run it. Do you want a cookie for having ridiculous good luck?
90 Orc Warlock
I don't get it, there is no limit to how many you can get now from just wandering around in new content. On the PTR, I was getting so many it was annoying.
100 Draenei Shaman
Hypothetical Blizzard announcement tomorrow:

Great news everyone! Due to forum feedback, we have decided to restore the quest for turning in 90 Lesser Charms for 3 Elder Charms. Go forth and enjoy your loot!

Within an hour, you'll end up with this thread on the forums:

GG Blizz, you screwed us over again! Now we have to farm up 180 charms every day just to stay competitive! Why do you FORCE us to do all this stuff? Why can't I play the way I want to play?

The natural Blizzard response the following day:

Great news everyone! Due to forum feedback, we have altered the Lesser Charms turn-in quest! There is only one quest now, but you can choose Elder Charms OR Mogu Runes! You only need to spend 90 Lesser Charms per week! Enjoy!

You probably know what the forum response would be:

What is WRONG with you guys at Bli$$ard? Now I can't get Elder Charms AND Mogu Runes! I only get ONE of them!!!1 I need both to gear up for your stupid raids! That's it, I'm canceling my 15 accounts TOMORROW cuz you won't let me play the way I want!

The point to this? It's this: Very few decisions that Blizzard makes are going to appeal to everyone. Actually, the number is likely zero. No matter what they do, someone is going to be upset. So they strive for the best balance possible. Something that will appeal to the majority of people and/or be the best design. Hopefully those are the same.

Ultimately, I'm sorry for anyone that is negatively impacted by this design, but it's overall fairly good. I personally support it. It's not likely to change, but I certainly wish you the best in your gaming.

This is exactly what will happen. No one will ever be happy.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
I'm sorry but I don't think you guys fully understand the change.
First off all, you will absolutely get more charms in 1 single day then you used to get in an entire week previously.

Second of all, that tier is over.
In past iterations of the game when a tier ended that was it. I'm surprised they even left LFR in for that tier.
I suppose it is to assure new toons and players can catch up with gear without having to add new dungeons. Either way, you should no longer be focusing on that tier no matter your situation. There is new content out and its time to do it, even if you can't raid it consistently.

Finally, they have nearly doubled the drop changes in the old LFRs so even if they completely removed the old charms in every aspect, you still would have a better chance getting loot now compared to previous.

Regardless, please realize that LFR was put in the game for people who don't have time to see all the content in real raiding. Gear realistically shouldn't even drop, but obviously they have added gear rewards to keep people wanting to do it.
If you are that concerned about gear, join a raiding group. No matter what your schedule, I am 100 percent sure you can find a guild that will fit, especially with as many 10 man groups that have popped up.
What is even worse is all this stuff has been live on the PTR since January. If you wanted these types of changes to not make it live, there was a time and a place to leave your feedback. March 5th is not in that window.
Edited by Metrolol on 3/5/2013 9:29 PM PST
90 Troll Warrior

It's going to stay this way, sorry if it caught you off guard. You'll be using your Lesser Charms to buy Mogu Runes which give bonus rolls on 5.2 content.

Again, this is Blizzard "out of touch" with it's customer base. I would like the extra rolls to possibly get the sha-touched staff from ToES that NEVER dropped for me. I have the sha-touched caster sword, but I prefer staves vs. swords PLUS I would like to acquire the FULL set of LFR Tier 14 Mage set for the bonuses.

No, this is the customer base being "out of touch" with the reality in 5.2. You're demonstrating my argument very clearly.
90 Gnome Warrior
03/05/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Bashiok
The Elder Charms also drop fairly frequently on the isle.

not.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]