Necrotic Strike

90 Night Elf Druid
With Unholy DKs being the silent OP class of 5.2, and not having to FC anymore, I've been delving into UH abit more even though im not a fan of melee kiting. I've heard so much about UHDKs and their ridiculous stacks of Necrotics, but as far (or short it seems) I am into UH it doesnt seem any different than frost. As mainly a frost player I've only seen Necrotics to be better than deathstrikes for survivability very rarely, and thusly only use them for the spell casting debuff. I feel like I am missing something huge here because even in the right situation I dont see necrotic as being close to OP at all. hardly a nuisance even. Dks dont have too much cc (speaking mainly as frost) so we have to implement what we have well and I feel like this could help me out loads. thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Necrotic strike isn't used for survivability, really. Sure, the absorb is awesome to help keep you up, but it's mainly used for pressure against a healer/dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What your supposed to do is use blood tap and get a bunch of death runes and then nectrotic strike the healer until you run out of death runes then you can also use empower rune weapon if you want.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Necrotic hits about as hard as Scourge Strike and applies a hefty healing absorb. It's undoubtedly better.

I just went to hit a dummy just to give you some numbers. SS hit for an average of about 22k with the shadow portion dealing an average of 15k, averaging out to about 37k per strike. Necrotic strike was averaging 28k and in addition to roughly 33-35k absorption per strike. These numbers will be different in pvp, but it should give a general idea of how strong necrotic strike is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Isn't the absorb increased directly by Dreadblade Mastery?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Strength increases the absorb iirc. Why UH Necrotic strikes are more powerful most of the time over frosts, due to the passive increase in strength, rather than frosts Pillar strength cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]