Norgannon GDKP - Saturday March 16th 8:30pm

90 Human Priest
Far and ago Norgannon hosted an ICC Saturday night GDKP raid. This was a very successful, progressive run that enabled the raiding and non-raiding members of our server to collaborate in a mutually beneficial manner.

Throne of Thunder is coming (as early as this Tuesday, due to CM tweets, obviously we'll know in a few days). LFR for "Thunderlands" will not be available first week. And when LFR opens, it will be unlocked one three-boss section at a time; Last Stand of the Zandalari (Jin'rokh, Horridon, Elders Council) then Forgotten Depths, Halls of Flesh-Shaping and finally the Pinnacle of Storms. The ilvl requirement is 480 for these LFR queues.

Do not make the mistake of failing to prepare for new content and assuming that LFR will fill the gaps in your current gear set.

TLDR version at end of post.

What is GDKP?
  • GDKP stands for "Gold DKP"; also referred to as "gold runs", "GDKP runs", etc.
  • This is a raid where the participants can buy loot instead of rolling for it. The highest bidder wins. At the end of the run, everyone is given an equal share of all the gold spent on gear.
  • For example, if 10 items drop and are bought for 5,000 gold each, at the end of the run we would have a total of 50,000 gold. This would be evenly split to give all participants 2,000 gold at the end of the night. GDKP runs this tier on other servers have made upwards of 300,000 gold.

Where are we going?
  • Mogu'shan Vaults 25 man normal
  • Possibly Heart of Fear after if performance and time utilization are above average.
  • Just like the old ICC GDKP, Heroic modes will be added as the run continues.

What can I buy?
  • Anything and everything!
  • There is no off-spec or main-spec. If you have the gold, it's yours.
  • Minimum bid will be 5,000 gold - increments of 1,000 gold.
  • Minimum weapon / trinket bid will be 10,000 gold - increments of 1,000 gold.
  • The only restriction is that if it is a transmogrification bid, you must be able to use the item for transmogrification (or Warlock pet weapons). This means you cannot bid on an Intellect trinket if you are a Warrior. We're all friends here; or, at least, cordial.
  • We do not require that you have the profession to roll on patterns. Restrictions are removed from BoE items as well. We care about your alts, they're probably good people.

Who participates in a GDKP run?
  • Buyer - MIN 50,000 GOLD: a buyer is someone with a lot of gold in their pocket, and very little gear in their bag. You might excel at using the auction house, but have not found a decent raid guild. Try to at least be 463 ilvl so you're not completely useless. (Unless you have, literally, a mountain of gold.)
  • Raider: these are exceptionally geared and skilled individuals who can compensate for any under-geared buyers in the run. Essentially, and respectfully, the "carry" of the group.
  • Hybrid - MIN 25,000 GOLD: the raider who never sees that one trinket, weapon or offhand drop. You have one in your raid - now they can convert the bags of cash from gold coin rolls into actual loot from the GDKP.
  • Please have the available gold on hand if you are NOT a raider. We are not carrying a 463 through the raid so they can collect gold at the end. This is not LFR. If you are asked to display gold, it is not profiling - you were just "randomly" selected. :)

When is this GDKP happening?
  • Saturday, March 16th at 8:30pm
  • Invites will be issued 15 minutes prior.
  • Reserves will be pulled in at 8:25pm.

What about AFK's, disconnects or wiping the boss?
  • If you are kicked from the raid you forfeit your gold.
  • Purposely wiping the raid with something like taunting a Stone Guard dog to explode will have you immediately kicked.
  • Being disconnected for greater a time than 5 minutes will have you replaced - please contact someone by other means while offline if you can make a hasty return.
  • Taking an extended AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing a raid lead will have you removed.

This is the best thing I have ever heard of! How do I sign up?!
  • Reply to this post to be added to the calendar.
  • Please identify if you are a BUYER, RAIDER or HYBRID, what items you are looking for, your current ilvl, what role you intend to fill and any other relevant notes.

Too long, didn't read!
GDKP Mogu'shan Vaults 25
Reply to this post to sign up - give details (ilvl, if you're buying, carrying, what you're after, role, etc).
Have 50k on you if you're getting carried, 25k if you're sort of getting carried.
Run happens on Saturday, March 16th at 8:30pm.
Calendar invite will be sent out.
Invites 15 minutes prior.
Edited by Ei on 3/8/2013 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
[Reserved.]
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
PL signing up!

483 ilvl healer will full experience in MSV healing and full heroic experience on my main as heals and DPS

"hybrid" mostly just looking for a few pieces for my ret spec (Elegon Axe and some kind of trinket to replace the one from Hour of Twilight heroics hah)
Edited by Pl on 3/3/2013 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i'll be carrying. /flex
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would be available as a "Raider"

ilvl 501 as both prot and ret
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm in, ofc. --ZED
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Count me in, 491 Mage don't need anything except a cape.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wolfyesc, you have an additional ilvl 491 mage? or your transferring here? I think your on the wrong realm forums brah, not to mention the wrong faction.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Avengelyne will be carrying me while I pretend to be a "raider". :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Cass got me an invite in game - thought I should still post here. I'm a hybrid - looking for 1 item - the tanking axe from Elegon. I know all the fights in MSV on reg, but am a fast learner for heroics. I've cleared 4/6 HOF, but I know 5/6.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'd like to participate as a RAIDER (502 ilvl hunter) or as a BUYER (473 ilvl boomkin). I'm willing to play either role that fills out the run best.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I vote we bring Gorman on his boomkin *coughs*
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Move to next week due to lack of signups. Which is okay! Advertise more!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm assuming this was a no go due to lack of participation?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Correct.

Everyone still likes the idea. Even cross server people that ask about Norgannon ask about this run when considering the transfer.

I think the forums don't get as much attention as they used to in ICC and we need a better way to network this information.

If we ever get enough interest we will bring this back.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
03/30/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Ei

Correct.

Everyone still likes the idea. Even cross server people that ask about Norgannon ask about this run when considering the transfer.

I think the forums don't get as much attention as they used to in ICC and we need a better way to network this information.

If we ever get enough interest we will bring this back.

I could scream about it in trade if you'd like. :) I'd really like to get this up and going.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]