Botters, Multi-boxers or a waste of time?

3 Tauren Paladin
Maybe im misinformed, but, as I hear, the powers that be have decided to remove the /follow feature from Battlegrounds.. presumably to get rid of bots (i fully support bot-removal, obviously)... While my knowledge of botting is limited, its my understanding that bots do not (or no longer do) use follow as a means of getting around. Given that thre has been no "official" explanation as to why theyve removed the "follow" feature, we can assume one of two things:

1. Blizzard has (not for the first time) utilized an impractical measure to attempt to remove bots (GG)
2. Blizzard has taken a stance against multi-botting.

If option 1 is the case, I find it a little odd that blizzard keeps attempting these inane remedies to curb the botting problem, even moreso that they can not seem to find a more active measure to remove the bots (do NOT tell me that bots, specifically known ones, don't leave specific software signatures). Its my opinion they are fully capable of removing at least the well known botting software that's currently on the market. Every game i've ever played online has had some sort of an anti-cheat system to remove such software, why is blizzard not able to?

If option 2 is the case, BLizzard can expect see an EXTREMELY sharp drop-off in active account holders. The fact that you would remove such capability without informing the general community of your decision is very underhanded to those funding a few (if not many more) accounts. It's deceptive marketing, and BLizzard should be ashamed for putting out so many players, regardless of if they are botting or not. These people pay good many, and abide by your terms and conditions as Blizzard has set them forward.

In either case, heres 4 accounts you can expect to lose. I wonder if we kept a tally what that number would reach - Maybe it would make more sense to Blizzard if that figure were expressed in dollars. Bottom line: You will lose account holders, hundreds, ifnot thousands, if not tens of thousands. To any naysayers of botting, I not concerned of your opinion on the matter - Although you not approve of the botters, it is indeed Blizzard that allows them (although maybe in a tounge-in-cheek matter) to exist. Take it up with them.

While i am not a fan of holding one person responsible (this is a very VERY large and complicated game, that many people have put a lot of time into, and we all cant not thank you enough for it), but the overriding authority on this seems to point back to one person.

So Ghostcrawler, could we possibly get an official stance within a reasonable period of time? A large number of accountholders are awaiting your official verdict, as are a large number of dollars blizz sees every month.

Respectfully awaiting your response.
Reply Quote
lol yeah there are not that many multiboxers so pretty much suck it up stop being bad and play one toon
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
LOL... Boxers and Botters are like people who go fishing and fish out a lake. Then they run to the media and say "Why does'nt some one give us more fish to catch"...

They just can't see that they themselves are the ones that have caused the problems they are faceing.

You guys pissed off alarge amount of people in the comunity with your grey area cheating. So go away and let the people who still belive in fair PLAY, play in peace. ( at least for a while. because, you know cheaters will always find another way to cheat)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Oh look RainbowBright the alliance Derp troll is here.

Derp Derp Derp
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
If option 2 is the case, BLizzard can expect see an EXTREMELY sharp drop-off in active account holders.

I think you overstate the size of the multibox community.
Reply Quote
Oh look RainbowBright the alliance Derp troll is here.

Derp Derp Derp

I think she's desperate for attention, hence why she always has to derp on the forums.
Reply Quote
Bots that are made today and updated like honorbuddy etc do not use follow. From what I know they use memory injection so the "no follow" in bg did not kill a damn bot but it did kill the actice players playing multiple accounts which they said they were ok with before...so I am kinda confused...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Botting is always going to be around in some form.

Multiboxing?

I could honestly care less about. But that won't stop me from laughing at all the QQ and threatening to quit the game over it not being doable (Easily) in BGs anymore.

Ever consider the fact that the majority of people dislike MultiBoxers? To be fair, they'll probably lose less subs from Boxers quitting than people who have quit over boxers in the first place.

It was never a supported playstyle, really. And it was bound to happen sooner or later in some form. Get over it. Your complaints won't get you anywhere, and will only lead to you being flamed in return. Why not just enjoy the game for what it is without MB?

Again, I'm not against MB. I'm against those who cry over this like it's a huge deal.

I'm quite sure the are aware most Bots currently don't use follow. But it's a small step in the right direction.
Edited by Nefya on 3/6/2013 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Botting is always going to be around in some form.

Multiboxing?

I could honestly care less about. But that won't stop me from laughing at all the QQ and threatening to quit the game over it not being doable (Easily) in BGs anymore.

Ever consider the fact that the majority of people dislike MultiBoxers? To be fair, they'll probably lose less subs from Boxers quitting than people who have quit over boxers in the first place.

It was never a supported playstyle, really. And it was bound to happen sooner or later in some form. Get over it. Your complaints won't get you anywhere, and will only lead to you being flamed in return. Why not just enjoy the game for what it is without MB?

Again, I'm not against MB. I'm against those who cry over this like it's a huge deal.

I'm quite sure the are aware most Bots currently don't use follow. But it's a small step in the right direction.

Wrong. Blizzard always supported it. I have never myself down it because well..i am not spending that much money a month for this game lol. I don't understand how it was seen as "easy" to people though. It took a lot of coordinating. I thought at one point it was just as easy as log on all toons and whatever u do the rest do. But it is a lot of macro management and being able to multitask well when some player picks on one of your 5 accounts. I tried just with 2 and it was annoying enough lol. People who don't know hate. Figures. It's human nature.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You are misinterpreting "Allowing" with "Supporting".

Just because something is allowed, doesn't necessarily mean they support it or agree with it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
lol yeah there are not that many multiboxers so pretty much suck it up stop being bad and play one toon

this
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
Bye bye multiboxers! You won't be missed.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
baby don't hurt me
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The offiicial explanation is as follows
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087929775?page=6#104 .
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
Maybe im misinformed, but, as I hear, the powers that be have decided to remove the /follow feature from Battlegrounds.. presumably to get rid of bots (i fully support bot-removal, obviously)... While my knowledge of botting is limited, its my understanding that bots do not (or no longer do) use follow as a means of getting around. Given that thre has been no "official" explanation as to why theyve removed the "follow" feature, we can assume one of two things:

1. Blizzard has (not for the first time) utilized an impractical measure to attempt to remove bots (GG)
2. Blizzard has taken a stance against multi-botting.

If option 1 is the case, I find it a little odd that blizzard keeps attempting these inane remedies to curb the botting problem, even moreso that they can not seem to find a more active measure to remove the bots (do NOT tell me that bots, specifically known ones, don't leave specific software signatures). Its my opinion they are fully capable of removing at least the well known botting software that's currently on the market. Every game i've ever played online has had some sort of an anti-cheat system to remove such software, why is blizzard not able to?

If option 2 is the case, BLizzard can expect see an EXTREMELY sharp drop-off in active account holders. The fact that you would remove such capability without informing the general community of your decision is very underhanded to those funding a few (if not many more) accounts. It's deceptive marketing, and BLizzard should be ashamed for putting out so many players, regardless of if they are botting or not. These people pay good many, and abide by your terms and conditions as Blizzard has set them forward.

In either case, heres 4 accounts you can expect to lose. I wonder if we kept a tally what that number would reach - Maybe it would make more sense to Blizzard if that figure were expressed in dollars. Bottom line: You will lose account holders, hundreds, ifnot thousands, if not tens of thousands. To any naysayers of botting, I not concerned of your opinion on the matter - Although you not approve of the botters, it is indeed Blizzard that allows them (although maybe in a tounge-in-cheek matter) to exist. Take it up with them.

While i am not a fan of holding one person responsible (this is a very VERY large and complicated game, that many people have put a lot of time into, and we all cant not thank you enough for it), but the overriding authority on this seems to point back to one person.

So Ghostcrawler, could we possibly get an official stance within a reasonable period of time? A large number of accountholders are awaiting your official verdict, as are a large number of dollars blizz sees every month.

Respectfully awaiting your response.

Blizzard has already responded.

Last night.
Reply Quote
While it hasn't happened to me personally I am glad they broke this feature. There is a guy that multiboxes 40 accounts. He runs AV with them and screws the people over. He doesn't try to win, all he does is run around killing people to pad his HK numbers. While a 2-5 member group seems small and insignificant, breaking /follow makes it so that he can't screw anyone over.
Reply Quote
anyone know how prepared is taking this?

Most likely crying in a corner.

I love how I'm a troll yet that persons only posts are calling me a troll literally nothing ever contributed to the forums. Also wrong freaking cartoon its mlp not rainbow bright sheesh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]