Blind player no longer able to follow in BGs

(Locked)

61 Blood Elf Death Knight
How do most of you people live with yourselves? This thread is disgusting. I hate bots and I've never multi-boxed, but if I had to decide between allowing blind people to play or temporarily inconveniencing bots, I would put up with the bots without question.

That's beside the fact that this change will not effectively combat the issue of botting. Botters use what is available to them. So by taking this away they will simply use a different program that automates their path. The result being this solves nothing. Do any of you selfish clowns honestly think botters are going to discover this and say "AMG! Can't follow, game over!"? If you do, you're an idiot.

Honestly, when I think of /follow I think of multi-boxers and/or AFKers. There are bot farmers, and they don't need /follow for that.
90 Goblin Hunter
... cant really say ive ever heard of a blind person playing video games... seems a bit wierd but ok with todays tech maybe. So maybe you can get blizz to do somethng for the individual circumstance, like allow /follow for their toons or something. Suck that it had to happen but that was one of the many places blizz could put a curb on botting.

There are blind, hearing-impaired, and physically-challenged people playing WoW. I've raided with quite a few years ago. Unfortunately this change will not impact the bots. It is only going to affect paying customers. It's never a good thing.
03/06/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Skitzi
... cant really say ive ever heard of a blind person playing video games... seems a bit wierd but ok with todays tech maybe. So maybe you can get blizz to do somethng for the individual circumstance, like allow /follow for their toons or something. Suck that it had to happen but that was one of the many places blizz could put a curb on botting.

There are blind, hearing-impaired, and physically-challenged people playing WoW. I've raided with quite a few years ago. Unfortunately this change will not impact the bots. It is only going to affect paying customers. It's never a good thing.

I can't say I've played with a blind person before, just the deaf and other physically-challenged players. More physical then blind or deaf.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow. I wish you and your friend the best of luck resolving this issue. 16 pages and no blue reply :/ That's just sad.

I can't say I've played with a blind person before, just the deaf and other physically-challenged players. More physical then blind or deaf.

I've played with a deaf player before and she was a really good tank, not to mention one of the nicest people I've met in this game.
Edited by Iniq on 3/6/2013 8:50 AM PST
90 Undead Warlock
Honestly, when I think of /follow I think of multi-boxers and/or AFKers. There are bot farmers, and they don't need /follow for that.

You are very ignorant...bots and afkers will still exist unfortunately. This does nothing to combat them.
Edited by Jugaa on 3/6/2013 8:49 AM PST
03/06/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Jugaa

You are very ignorant...bots and afkers will still exist unfortunately. This does nothing to combat them.

You didn't read my post very clearly, then. I said there are bot farmers, and they don't need /follow for that. /follow doesn't always mean they're "bots". There was this tank that accuse me of being a "bot" because "he died", and I was not /following anybody. Multi-boxers are suckers for /follow, and AFKers /follow to leech. "Bots" don't need /follow to function.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]
If you happen to find yourself in that unfortunate bg where your team is 5+ bots, maybe logging to another toon and requeuing is a more diplomatic solution than taking away someone's ability to play this game.

So much this, seriously. Nicely said my man.
90 Blood Elf Mage
It could be as simple as having /follow be something that is mutually agreed on, like a trade or duel. That way a bot can't follow you against your will.

That's actually not a bad idea. There are ways to abuse it also, but it's the best idea I've seen to combat the bots since they are unable to stop them any other way.
03/06/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Herethebeef
I've played with a deaf player before and she was a really good tank, not to mention one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

What does that have to do with anything? I play with the sound off all the time. Sound is not a requirement for tanking. And shes nice? That's great I guess, but is she supposed to be mean because shes deaf or it speaks to her character that shes not a jerk because shes deaf? I'm not making the connection here.

A lot of players like to use Ventrilo or Skype like programs to communicate with each other better, this deaf player will never be able to contribute to that sort of communication. She can speak, but she can't hear. The "nice" part was to show that the not so physically impaired players get hostile sometimes. There are some not so physically impaired that are nice as well, but she doesn't let her disability bring her down and still has the willingness to help others.
90 Human Paladin
I feel bad for your friend, I hope they can work something out....maybe allow follow as long as you're in a invited group with somebody but not solo queing? Not sure if that would make any difference, I couldn't even imagine playing blind :( poor guy, at least he has fun playing however he does it.
90 Night Elf Druid
This is a really cool thread and I hope you can find a solution.

Unfortunately, as you've already seen, gaming culture in general (and the wow forums in particular) doesn't really support the needs of social minorities - whether it be racial, gender, or disability. Blizzard didn't even think about your guildie when they did this, and most posters won't be interested in the effects to someone else's gameplay - after all, if they can still play, why would it be a problem?

Maybe you can introduce him to pve? If he can navigate a battleground, scenarios might work pretty well.
A BLIZZ EMPLOYEE NEEDS TO GET IN HERE AND LEAVE A BLUE POST.
90 Undead Warlock
03/06/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Temporarilý
and AFKers /follow to leech.

This will not stop the afkers....
Blizzard didn't even think about your guildie when they did this

Yes, I don't think they did. Actually, no offense to the friend, I didn't think it was possible for a blind person to play WoW, let alone any kind of video game...

and AFKers /follow to leech.

This will not stop the afkers....

Yes, I know. It's what I think of, it's not what's real.
Edited by Temporarilý on 3/6/2013 9:13 AM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
He is not the only blind man that plays. There is an Iraqi war vet from England that is blind that plays also.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/guide-dog-player-and-guild-embrace-sightless-guildmate-steer/
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]