Blind player no longer able to follow in BGs

(Locked)

90 Orc Hunter

Don't blame Blizzard, Blame the players who abused the system, Multi boxers, Botters, or just plain lazy sods not willing to earn their honor.
90 Night Elf Druid

Maybe you can introduce him to pve? If he can navigate a battleground, scenarios might work pretty well.

This makes no sense to me. People like to pvp because they like to compete against other people. Saying "try pve" is like telling a hockey fan during the lockout to turn on a basketball game.

*headtilt*

It's a band-aid fix - he has subscription time left, they may as well try to find something he can do while waiting for a solution or response.

srsly clarm down just a bit, I'm on ur side dud.
90 Pandaren Monk

This makes no sense to me. People like to pvp because they like to compete against other people. Saying "try pve" is like telling a hockey fan during the lockout to turn on a basketball game.

*headtilt*

It's a band-aid fix - he has subscription time left, they may as well try to find something he can do while waiting for a solution or response.

No you're not, Alliance scum.
61 Blood Elf Death Knight

*headtilt*

LOL

Anyway, I hope a blue does respond to this.
90 Troll Druid

*headtilt*

how about now?
I am soooo sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. All for a band aid fix that will not stop most bots today with pathing and multiboxxing which is not as common as people like to say it is. I hope a blue can help you resolve this. Stay strong.
90 Human Priest
I feel bad for your friend. I do not think a blind player could fully enjoy the game.
90 Human Priest
On a side note, he has a green 429 wep. Take him to the Arean SC and at least get him the 450 blue staff :p
31 Goblin Rogue
First and foremost, I applaud your friend for playing the game. But you have to realize, that this was not something that probably even popped into the minds of the developers when they decided to take out the /follow command. It stinks for your friend, but in essence, it was to get rid of bots and multi-boxers whom are only facerolling through bg's to get points and to sell accounts (imo).

I am sorry this has happened to your friend, but it will be the reason that many other players who once played bg's but stopped, will join up again.

This was not intentionally done by Blizzard. I honestly do not think it is a discrimination issue, and oversight, yes, but intentional, No.

Will it be fixed in the future, that's up to Blizz.

Well, a blind person playing a video game is something I need to see before I believe. I've seen too scams on the Internet to believe something that is "too good to be true". I guess I won't be sending $10,000 to the !@#$%ian prince either, eh.

I also believe you've jump the shark with the "D" word

I wonder why they censured the name of that country in Africa? I'll consider that later...maybe
Edited by Ryr on 3/6/2013 9:38 AM PST
03/05/2013 11:56 PMPosted by Belcanta
/hug

:: hugs back :: Mmm, hugs...

I demand my fair share of hug-pie! What is this, Sparta? >.<

*flips table*

I'm waiting...

*taps her foot impatiently*

O.O

Sowwies. Pouncey went up to bed to have naptime before seeing this. :: huggles the nice elf :: ^^
90 Night Elf Druid
03/06/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Reèper
Killing off Multi-Boxers is more important

The intent of the fix was to kill off botters not Multiboxers. As soon as the butt hurt PVP'ers get this through their thick skulls we can possibly come up with a solution.

It was not intended to break multi boxing and I promise you it will get fixed.

Can't MB without follow. Follow is the silver bullet to killing MB forever.
89 Night Elf Death Knight
I am not satisfied with how this has been handled thus far.

OP, your friend deserves better, especially from Blizzard.

This needs to be fixed.
66 Draenei Priest
i really have to question the wisdom of blind people playing this game. It seems insane to play war type video games. A game where you alot of the time need sight. Sure, you can put someone on follow and work out a system where someone tells you what buttons to press to activate moves that you do. You get audio cues from some raid bosses for moves.

You would not know what you are doing most of the time

Nohlani: Believe me when i tell you that the only thing stopping me from honestly telling you just what I think of you, and what you have said, is the forum Code of Conduct.

Well, think about it. i can understand the feeling of wanting to prove you can do things a sighted person can do but honestly, video games?

how can you get much enjoyment out of that?

A blind man makes use of the other senses to interact with the world, to make sense of it, you feel people you interact with, hear their voices, feel the wind and rain, animals, you can smell things, you can read with Braille. a blind person can lead a life. You can even learn martial arts, to fight without eyes.

But i could not play this game with a blindfold on. what am i going to do? how can i level? i hear the starting thing. then i am blind, i cannot see where the questgiver is, i cannot see where i am going. i cannot read what the quest is, i would not be able to follow the path if i could.

People would have to give me constant instructions, maybe if i am a healer you could set up my talents and my number keys with moves for me, tell me which number to press. You could talk me through it. Oh joy, we won.

But what am i experiencing? am i even playing? what possible pleasure could i get from the victory, from the journey?
Edited by Nohlani on 3/6/2013 10:02 AM PST
90 Human Mage
I posted earlier in this thread, and there seem to be a lot of people who don't understand how a blind person can accomplish things..

I have a neice who is blind. She has been virtually bind since she was in high school. However you guys need to know that just because someone is blind doesn't mean that they become couch potatoes. They can go on and live life almost like normal people. Do they need aid with some things, yes. But can they function in life like most of us.. Absolutely.

My niece has 5 children, she does the laundry, cooks and her house is so clean you can literally eat off her floors. Her children do have chores, but the majority of the housework is completed by her. She also holds down a full time job as a medical transcriptionist.

She has a facebook page and communicates with her family, she rides bike with her children and husband. She takes the dogs for walks in the park, and walks to the grocery store and purchases what the house needs.

Just because you are blind, doesn't mean you cannot function. I applaud those who are blind and are able to play the game.

With all that said, do I think that /follow should be put back. No I don't. While this has impacted several people to the extreme, the negative effects of Bots and AFK'rs have effected more people. It has disintegrated their gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, I have tons of empathy for the blind player, and I sincerely hope that some solution is found. But I don't want Blizzard to put /follow back into the game.
70 Troll Hunter
Keeping to topic, multi-boxing has NOTHING to do with the case here. Screw multi-boxing. I'd put up with multi-boxing just so a blind man can do what he likes to do.
90 Tauren Warrior
Keeping to topic, multi-boxing has NOTHING to do with the case here. Screw multi-boxing. I'd put up with multi-boxing just so a blind man can do what he likes to do.

I was unaware that blind people could no longer log in due to this change. This is indeed an outrage.
90 Draenei Shaman
Personally I just want a more efficient way to get rid of botters. Removing /follow doesnt really do that in my opinion.
90 Draenei Death Knight
It could be as simple as having /follow be something that is mutually agreed on, like a trade or duel. That way a bot can't follow you against your will.

I like, like, like this! It seems like a great solution. If no one can follow you against your will, that eliminates a lot of the problem.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]