Blind player no longer able to follow in BGs

(Locked)

80 Pandaren Shaman
Nice one blizzard.
100 Night Elf Druid
How does he know follow is broke?

Why didn't you guys just cheer him on and go you are doing a great job like most good people who care about the blind?

Because he plays, and he's honestly pretty good. He's amazing when you realize he's blind and is still doing a great job. The cheering on he gets from us is well-deserved. He has worked so hard on WoW and being able to play. He deserves the chance to play.

I agree but should they allow all the multiboxers and botters a chance to follow for the sake of a blind person.

Maybe they can make a exception just for him, if so /signed.
90 Human Warrior
This smells of multi-boxer
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Um... I know this would either sound ignorant or just plain offensive but I just want to know...
How? How does he plays it?

Um... I know this would either sound ignorant or just plain offensive but I just want to know...
How? How does he plays it?

If you'd like to get on vent and ask him, you can send me or Pouncedeleon a tell in game and I'll give you our vent information. He's happy to talk to people about his blindness and how he plays.

Mostly, we use a lot of macros, a handful of addons that can provide sound cues, and a lot of /follow and /assist. Using vent to give him information is also crucial to his play experience.
This smells of multi-boxer

Check out the youtube channel I linked to in the main post if you want to see how he does it.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/05/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Frigidaire
If you'd like to get on vent and ask him, you can send me or Pouncedeleon a tell in game and I'll give you our vent information. He's happy to talk to people about his blindness and how he plays.

Sorry, I just don't use vent. Personal reasons (My verbal English is not that good, I'm shy, which makes me say grammatically incorrect things to people I dunno, , I have an accent *Just moved to USA like... 2-3 years ago?*, etc, etc.) I've never ever been on a end-game raid, btw. so I've to turn this down.

Mostly, we use a lot of macros, a handful of addons that can provide sound cues, and a lot of /follow and /assist. Using vent to give him information is also crucial to his play experience.

What I meant is about how he plays WoW. He memorized his keyboard? It all just seems so weird and interesting to me because I mostly play alone (None of my friend IRL play WoW with me) and I just don't use Vent or anything. It really warms my heart to know that your friend, even though he is blind, is playing WoW and is actually pretty good at it. He seems like a person that has a will and a goal on his life.

What I meant is about how he plays WoW. He memorized his keyboard? It all just seems so weird and interesting to me because I mostly play alone (None of my friend IRL play WoW with me) and I just don't use Vent or anything. It really warms my heart to know that your friend, even though he is blind, is playing WoW and is actually pretty good at it. He seems like a person that has a will and a goal on his life.

Yes, he's memorized his keyboard. We also have several of his keyboard buttons do double duty; Ctrl + S does something different from S by itself. Like I said, he's worked hard at trying to play this game and do things with his friends. We moved away from the city he lives in for job/school reasons, and this is one of the main ways we stay in touch with him.
90 Pandaren Priest
Comon blizzard, :(
30 Blood Elf Paladin
That sucks for your friend, but...this was certainly not something directed at blind players. I think it would be great if Blizzard could make an exception for him, considering his situation and faithfulness to the game, but to call this discrimination is actually harmful to the case you are trying to make.
86 Tauren Paladin
FYI Azzeria Multiboxers don't play to sell accounts.

No they play because they are incapable of winning 1v1.

I'm totally fine with them doing stuff on their own, but in no way shape of form should they be allowed to influence positively or negatively the actions of others.

I'm sure there are one or two decent multiboxers who play for the challenge, or lack of friends.
But a multiboxer in a battleground has one reason to be there, and that is to overpower.
$15 a month per account or not, that is cheating in my book.
OP, I always thought that the mech tech shoulders were better than those for that transmog. you can get them from a quest in netherstorm

also, this is a pretty impressive story you have. after reading your description I can indeed see how such a thing would be done... but it would be hard.

its a hard issue though, coz having a bot follow you in a BG can be pretty annoying... I once had one following my rogue around the place, which was clearly giving away my position to the enemy...
That sucks for your friend, but...this was certainly not something directed at blind players. I think it would be great if Blizzard could make an exception for him, considering his situation and faithfulness to the game, but to call this discrimination is actually harmful to the case you are trying to make.

Discrimination is in the effect of an action. Regardless of their intention, their actions specifically prevent blind players from playing and that is unacceptable without a workaround.
90 Undead Priest
03/05/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Frigidaire
Breaking /follow in battlegrounds effectively discriminates against my blind friend.

I hate when people use "discriminates" like this.

The function was not removed to stop blind people to play the game, and you know it.
90 Dwarf Paladin
This is kinda sad. For 98% of the community this change is good, for 1.999% of the community it is bad, but for probably 10-15 players this changed completely ruins the game for them. I feel bad for those players.
100 Troll Druid
Hey all, another guildie of our blind priest.

I just wanna say that we know of course Blizzard didn't intend this. We're creating this thread to make them aware of the unintended consequences.

I don't PVP much, but I hate botters in bgs too, so I understand the frustration. Ideally there could be a workaround that would stop most botters but still allow our friend to play.

It could be as simple as having /follow be something that is mutually agreed on, like a trade or duel. That way a bot can't follow you against your will.

Edit: oh god where is my hair
Edited by Pouncedeleon on 3/5/2013 6:36 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]