Blind player no longer able to follow in BGs

(Locked)

90 Goblin Hunter
To quote Star Trek.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Don't blame Blizzard, Blame the players who abused the system, Multi boxers, Botters, or just plain lazy sods not willing to earn their honor.

Botters and afkers aren't at their computer. They are leeching honor by having their character go into a bg and sit there while they are not there at all. Multiboxers are at their computer, controlling their characters and interacting with the game.

/facepalm
90 Draenei Warrior
This is a bad attempt to get multiboxing back.

Been on the internet for way too long to believe a single word of this.
Edited by Feniex on 3/6/2013 3:11 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I am really encouraged by the outpouring of support from the community for my friend, Refunki. Whether they're multiboxers wanting their /follow back or people who have played with him and wish to support him, I will take all the help for him that I can get.

As a little bit of background (since this is a huge thread now), we formed this guild <And Those Other Guys> to be able to play together with real-life friends. I know these people and have been to their houses, had dinners with them and played board games with them. They welcomed me into their homes as the girlfriend of their longtime friend and I feel very fortunate to have them in my life.

Pouncedeleon and I moved away to take advantage of job and graduate school opportunities. As such, WoW is pretty much the only thing we can still do with our friends that we've moved away from. It has been, in a word, wonderful. So when people say things like, "oh blind people can do something else", I would say that there is precious little else we can do to spend time together while being so far apart.

Refunki would also like to pass along his gratitude to those who have defended his cause and come to his defense. It really makes his day when someone makes the effort to play with him; he knows it's not easy all the time, but every time it happens he is incredibly grateful.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
To quote Star Trek.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

That line is from Wrath of Khan, but...A real trekkie would know that quote got flipped in "The Search for Spock", though.

"Sometimes the need of the few... outweigh the needs of the many"
90 Goblin Shaman
A lot of responses here are pretty sad, though expected I suppose. I'm glad I retain empathy for others, even after having learned the hard way to be more suspicious than I once was. The /follow situation doesn't affect me in any way, but I feel bad for this person and I would like to see him able to continue doing something he enjoys. He surely does more in BGs than a lot of people who spend the entire time trash talking everyone else in chat.

Quoted for truth. It makes me truly sad knowing that someone that is so dedicated and put so much work into adapting can't play anymore. That amount of work destroyed over night. Come on Blizzard, show you have a heart and at least give work around for him. It's a simple command but means so much for him. I'm sure they have the money and resources to do it and it would show great humanity and compassion in my opinion. We know they're aware of blind players and even championed them in the past, putting items in the game in honor of a blind player and his fellow guide, so it would disappoint me if this goes unnoticed.

Best wishes for Refunki. I hope it gets fixed and we cross paths in a bg someday :)
90 Pandaren Monk
i said it before and i'll say it again

this isn't discrimnation. i lol'd at that. this is actually sadly though just collateral damage. for one i have no idea that a blind person played and for that i give him props but u need to look at this from a business perspective. this is one of those needs of the many over the needs of the few. what ur asking for is special treatment. sad to say blizz isn't gonna compensate ur friend here. if they did that then they have to apply this for deaf people and any other handicapped person to play. no offense but ur friend is gonna have to adjust or stop playing. i'm just being realistic here.

this is from another thread i posted in. i'm not being mean. i'm being realistic

Realistic? So that is the word you choose to use....interesting. Well it is certainly a word, I'll give you that.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/06/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Skitzi
They are leeching honor

Multiboxers are just as bad. Sure they might have one character controlled, but they're consistently at the bottom of the DPS charts. You're not going to win if you have multiple multiboxers, botters, and general AFKers on one team. I mean, who needs 5 people to defend farm in AB, when most of the time they're pulling pitiful DPS?

I'm sorry about your friend; it would be nice if they could think of something to do to fix it, but I highly doubt Blizz will. Perhaps you can try and get him into raiding instead. While I know he likes PvP, the /follow command should still work in raids and dungeons. I know it's not the best, but perhaps it's something. :(
90 Night Elf Hunter
/follow change needs to be reverted
I really don't remember anyone being willing to leave the game over people being able to follow in BGs... It's a basic functionality that helps alot of players.

Blues we need an explanation, then we will forgive you and you can revert the change or give us another solution... Thanks.
63 Tauren Death Knight
I am really encouraged by the outpouring of support from the community for my friend, Refunki. Whether they're multiboxers wanting their /follow back or people who have played with him and wish to support him, I will take all the help for him that I can get.

As a little bit of background (since this is a huge thread now), we formed this guild <And Those Other Guys> to be able to play together with real-life friends. I know these people and have been to their houses, had dinners with them and played board games with them. They welcomed me into their homes as the girlfriend of their longtime friend and I feel very fortunate to have them in my life.

Pouncedeleon and I moved away to take advantage of job and graduate school opportunities. As such, WoW is pretty much the only thing we can still do with our friends that we've moved away from. It has been, in a word, wonderful. So when people say things like, "oh blind people can do something else", I would say that there is precious little else we can do to spend time together while being so far apart.

Refunki would also like to pass along his gratitude to those who have defended his cause and come to his defense. It really makes his day when someone makes the effort to play with him; he knows it's not easy all the time, but every time it happens he is incredibly grateful.

explain to me this. what is the purpose of bringing back a feature that has caused problems so only u and ur friend can play? that doesn't make sense in the nuetral spec of it. granite its sad that it hinders ur guys's play and what not but u gotta look at it as the business spec of it. how many blind players actually play this game?? to bring backa feature so u and the other blind peeps who d the same thing u are. that gives u in a way a strategic advantage almost like a multiboxer. it may be to people but he has to follow u. thats basically handicapping ur team to gain w/e on the other team because they can't do tht feature. thats in a way no matter how small or big it is. thats an advantage
Edited by Deadbeef on 3/6/2013 3:16 PM PST
61 Blood Elf Death Knight

Believe it or not, I'm actually quite the hopeful person despite my trolling on these forums sometimes. Believe me, you jerks deserved it -_- anyhoot I think it's awesome that your friend is able to enjoy something that he can't see especially a video game, and I watched the videos, and I think it's awesome.

Okay great he can adjust but how does he know WHO to target... and I am glad that he found something he enjoys you just can't expect Blizz to be able to cater to the seeing impaired.... that is like making a rock concert hearing impaired friendly. I have a grandmother who is deaf and she can "feel" music but that is about it, to ask a VISUAL product to be sight impaired friendly is a bit much. He may just need to adjust the way he plays again. Again not trying to be mean or a Btch just being realistic

Sadly, I agree. I mean, us not so impaired people adjust to these changes as well, may not be as rough as it is with him, but I'm sure if he wants to continue playing, he'll find a way. I still think Blizz should look at this and give it some thought.
90 Orc Death Knight
This is a bad attempt to get multiboxing back.

Been on the internet for way too long to believe a single word of this.

Read the post and go to the youtube channel posted before posting !@#$ like this please.
The videos are over a year old.

Also waiting for a blue post on this
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Also waiting for a blue post on this

Not being snide here, but what exactly is the question?

Is it if they intended to affect multiboxers?
63 Tauren Death Knight
03/06/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Joyia
They are leeching honor

Multiboxers are just as bad. Sure they might have one character controlled, but they're consistently at the bottom of the DPS charts. You're not going to win if you have multiple multiboxers, botters, and general AFKers on one team. I mean, who needs 5 people to defend farm in AB, when most of the time they're pulling pitiful DPS?

I'm sorry about your friend; it would be nice if they could think of something to do to fix it, but I highly doubt Blizz will. Perhaps you can try and get him into raiding instead. While I know he likes PvP, the /follow command should still work in raids and dungeons. I know it's not the best, but perhaps it's something. :(

if that can be pulled off in raiding. theres gonna be some points where one or the other could die and thus make the follower a dead in the water toon. cuz what happens if say on garalon. the follow feature won't prevent u from ending up under garalon especially if ur a melee dps
90 Blood Elf Rogue
if that can be pulled off in raiding. theres gonna be some points where one or the other could die and thus make the follower a dead in the water toon. cuz what happens if say on garalon. the follow feature won't prevent u from ending up under garalon especially if ur a melee dps

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/guide-dog-player-and-guild-embrace-sightless-guildmate-steer/

Another blind player did it, and raided in Cata. While he couldn't raid -every- boss, most raid groups switch players in and out anyway depending on the fight. Besides, anything is better than nothing.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
They are leeching honor

We tried PvE before PvP: as it happens, standing in the fire is a big problem. It was discouraging for him to not be able to contribute because he died in the first part of the boss fight. Plenty of bosses even in 5-mans have follow-breaking mechanics (Lilian Voss, for example.) Heart of Fear? No way.

PvP allows him to target individual players, and if a Death and Decay gets planted under him, it's not going to kill him.
Edited by Frigidaire on 3/6/2013 3:27 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
03/06/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Deadbeef

You realize if the person he is following dies, they can simply tell him and he can go from there ? If need be and able, life grip him away so he has room to do so, perhaps follow a different friend. They are in audio communication. There are way to strategize and work around issues all the time, it just takes planing ahead and thinking of what you got. You come off as a very negative person.
63 Tauren Death Knight
i said it before and i'll say it again

this is from another thread i posted in. i'm not being mean. i'm being realistic

Realistic? So that is the word you choose to use....interesting. Well it is certainly a word, I'll give you that.

i'm being neurtal about this. idc if u wanna start some thing or anything but open ur eyes. blizz isn't gonna do crap about this. if they do then they have to compensate other handicapped players. business perspective. they don't give anyone special privlages just because someone is handicapped. u already pay them what would u expect?
Edited by Deadbeef on 3/6/2013 3:28 PM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/06/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Midare
Is his numlock key broken? I think we can still autorun...

Just like real-life... they need some sort of guidance.

But really... I just don't understand some people. No wonder this community has been getting worse and worse.

You say he should try raiding even if the OP clearly states he enjoys pvp... so because blizzard is lazy and can't find a real solution for the botting issue (and those that believe multiboxing it's an issue... just... lol), he has to be forced to do something else? Just because the devs are too lazy?

The sad thing is that I'm not surprised anymore...
If your referring to my Post you have seriously mistaken my intent i was merely making a suggestion Since PvP is broken for him i was just suggesting he could try raiding maybe he might would enjoy it.
61 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/06/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Frigidaire

We tried PvE before PvP: as it happens, standing in the fire is a big problem. It was discouraging for him to not be able to contribute because he died in the first part of the boss fight. Plenty of bosses even in 5-mans have follow-breaking mechanics (Lilian Voss, for example.) Heart of Fear? No way.

PvP allows him to target individual players, and if a Death and Decay gets planted under him, it's not going to kill him.

I'm just happy he's able to play the game, and he's happy doing so. It makes me happy. I like seeing people happy :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]