Blind player no longer able to follow in BGs

(Locked)

BTW i would just like to say that I support the finding of the solution, and the implementing of it.
88 Orc Hunter
Anyone else totally impressed he plays a shadow priest? They have a lot of key binds and reactionary abilities.

Question OP, how does he know if he enjoys playing a shadow priest? Is it simply an association between pressing keys and in-game sounds, lore purposes?

Thanks
Oh, wait, I think I might have seen your friend in game. He was running into a wall for about an hour in ORG.

As said already, the only reason my rage is being held in check is the Code of Conduct.
I'd suggest making an account bound thing (like those repuation bonus things)that would allow the /follow to work in BG's for players that need it across their whole account.

I do not have an answer though on how to supply that system to those people that need it, and only those people. If people using bots needed to /follow in BG's then they of course would want the same account bound option. I'd think though that Blizzard could impliment a way to get those players that need to be able to /follow a way to get it without also supplying those players that would abuse the item.

Simply buying it wouldn't work as the botters would pay as well. I'd hate to say you need to prove it with medical proof, but I suppose a mail or fax wouldn't be too much trouble. Obvious coding would be the hardest part, but I doubt that wouldn't be much as the code is there already obviously.
Unless you can provide Blizzard another method of breaking afk followers nothing is going to be changed. As much sympathy as I have for your friend there just isn't any reason for Blizzard to bend over backwards here.

Have it so only blind people can /follow in BGs. Have them show Blizz the forms.
100 Night Elf Mage
03/05/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Zhenogre
And luck in what?

Everything.

Thanks. ^^

With any luck, they'll develop neural interfaces that'll provide an alternative to monitors and keyboards and mice and speakers and headsets. : D
90 Undead Priest
I don't know whether or not this is a joke..but I really don't see how a blind person can play WoW..... I mean.....well...I don't even see how its possible to play WoW and be good at it if you can't see anything....
100 Troll Hunter
This breaks my heart. A blue needs to provide a decent answer for this.
39 Blood Elf Paladin
03/05/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Amergin
Breaking /follow in battlegrounds effectively prevents blind people from playing.

Doesn't being blind kinda prevent blind players from playing?

Not at all. Look at one of the videos of him playing.
90 Night Elf Priest
Well here is a blues answer

http://i.imgur.com/8pGZUBH.png
It is unnecessary complexity for no reason other than to allow an extreme minority of players to play a niche play style.

I hardly call it complex.
87 Night Elf Druid
03/05/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Truthe
Oh, wait, I think I might have seen your friend in game. He was running into a wall for about an hour in ORG.

As said already, the only reason my rage is being held in check is the Code of Conduct.

Please explain how it is possible for a blind person to PVP? He can't really fight anyone because HE CANT SEE. he can't heal anyone because HE CANT SEE their health bars. He can't quest because HE CANT SEE the mobs he has to kill or even the quest givers to get the quests in the first place, so please explain how it is possible for a blind player to play WOW?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anyone else totally impressed he plays a shadow priest? They have a lot of key binds and reactionary abilities.

Question OP, how does he know if he enjoys playing a shadow priest? Is it simply an association between pressing keys and in-game sounds, lore purposes?

Thanks

Shadowpriest actually works very well for a blind player. He is able to fear other players, which allow him time to get off a mind flay (which works to face him toward his opponent). He can hear when he has max shadow orbs and will often use tentacles to root an opponent while he gets away. The shields and healing (plus the levitate) give him a little more survivability in pvp (and in the wild) so that he's not a drain on someone else's mana. We have several commands macro'd together to use trinkets and whatnot to maximize his output.
Please explain how it is possible for a blind person to PVP? He can't really fight anyone because HE CANT SEE. he can't heal anyone because HE CANT SEE their health bars. He can't quest because HE CANT SEE the mobs he has to kill or even the quest givers to get the quests in the first place, so please explain how it is possible for a blind player to play WOW?

I believe the OP has already explained. Also provided a YouTube channel. If this is not sufficient for you, I'm sure the OP will respond.
Doesn't being blind kinda prevent blind players from playing?

Being blind prevents most blind folks from climbing mountains. But there are always those that choose to try different things, live on the edge and then find out they really like it and can even excell at it.

Does this mean everything should drasically change to suit blind folks? No not at all.....most dont' want major changes anyway. But if given the opportunity, should a company or recreation place at least try and help out blind folks? Absolutely!
Edited by Ookyou on 3/5/2013 9:09 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]