Warlock Pets

90 Human Warlock
So, Blizzard is nerfing GoSac. I love that idea because locks using a demon is a cornerstone of what made them great in this game. The only thing I've noticed is when you use a pet. Any class can basically two shot them.

I've noticed that hunter pets are SO much stronger than warlock pets. Please let me know if anyone else has noticed this. If blizzard would buff locks pets, it would be a lot of help and make me much more excited about using one in the next patch.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that our pets are about the same in terms of uhh... "survivability", and between us and hunters we have the same "instant rez" after death -type cooldowns.

I know theres Glyph of Demon Training that increases your demons Xability, and the felguard/wrathguards ends up being stamina.

I know it "feels" like they are squishy, but its more a matter of it being YOUR pet on the line.
If I really wanted someone's pet dead, It doesnt matter what class they are.
Hunters, Mages, other Locks?
They all only take a couple hits.

And a "two shot" is more of a priest's psyfiend, and not a demon or hunter pet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
The problems with warlock pets are 1) their abilities are all but useless in raids and 2) they do nothing to support the class, they just sit there an auto attack.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
03/01/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Leíne
The problems with warlock pets are 1) their abilities are all but useless in raids and 2) they do nothing to support the class, they just sit there an auto attack.

i agree, the problem with warlock pets is they are arnt cool or exciting any more. they are all the same and are just an annoying aesthetic that im never excited about using. warlock pets used to be cool and useful and each one felt different and they felt like an advantage to have... now they are more like a disadvantage, i would rather just trade it in for a much more reliable dot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yep, they're ridiculously easy to kill now compared with Cataclysm due to the loss of the Fel Synergy talent combined with less health overall (the baseline imp has as much HP as a level 85 player for instance). One can literally two shot a warlock pet in PVP, or easily wear it down with mindless cleave damage. One of several things that needs addressing if they really want us to use our demons again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
And when they had mana vice this energy bar they were alot more useful. Heck our Lifetap could regain their mana as well. If they would just tune our abilities you would see more ppl playing with locks more. Give us back Soul link as baseline w/o crippling my pets health.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/01/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Demise
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that our pets are about the same in terms of uhh... "survivability"

You couldn't possibly be more incorrect.
Reply Quote
My Pets say "Stunned" 19 hours remaining. It happened last night in " Eye of the Storm". has this ever happened to anyone?..if so..what can I do?..I already put in a ticket just waiting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/02/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Ôzzyôzbourne
My Pets say "Stunned" 19 hours remaining. It happened last night in " Eye of the Storm". has this ever happened to anyone?..if so..what can I do?..I already put in a ticket just waiting.

Semi-common bug. The game is basically stuck thinking that you're summoning another demon. The fastest way to fix it is to summon another pet then stop the summoning process midway. Dueling and having it killed will also work as well as Soulburn summoning a new one or saccing the demon.
Edited by Jinxr on 3/2/2013 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I didn't play during BC or Wrath but I remember the old warlock pets like this. Imp: Dies in one hit. Blueberry: Can't hold aggro worth !@#$. Pretty much always used either the Succubus for seduction or the felhunter for paranoia. I'm not on a PvP server so it was succubus 99% of the time.

I like the pets but they were frustrating in both Vanilla and Cata. They seem alright in MoP (the blueberry can actually hold aggro for once in his life), but granted I haven't used them much because of GoSac.
Edited by Samariel on 3/2/2013 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]