Night elf

63 Undead Rogue
Okay, so I really really really love Horde, and feel weirdly loyal to them, but I love night elves! I love every thing about them, and their connection with nature, etc. But I'm not a huge fan of the Alliance. What should I do, I was thinking about a faction change, but that costs money and I don't like the the Alliance! Is there some way around this that I don't know of, like can I be a night elf and still stay on the Horde?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Nope, Night Elves can NOT be horde characters. The best you can do to be horde and an elf is to make a blood elf. Blood Elves are horde, but they are shorter and paler than their Night Elf counterparts.

Also, whereas Nightelves are more druidic and love nature and only use magic for things like keeping nature in balance, fighting against major world-harming foes, etc. Blood elves are very much into all forms of raw magic and use it for trivial things like enchanting brooms to sweep and levitating shelves. Blood elves actually use magical energies as a form of sustenance (they're addicted to it).
Edited by Avanna on 3/3/2013 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Dylawles
like can I be a night elf and still stay on the Horde?

No. If you love Nelves then you have no place in Garrosh's Horde. We have no room for uncertainty and misplaced sympathies.

Go run to your prissy Nelves, traitor.

Oh, and lok'tar o'gar, yo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you want a Horde race that's connected to nature, perhaps you'd be happy playing a Tauren. In fact, the Cenarion Circle, since at least the beginning of WoW, has welcomed Tauren Druids as full members of their organization.

True, they may be big and hairy and have a tendency to scratch their butts all the time, but they're the most like Night Elves that you'll see in the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/03/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Tritha
True, they may be big and hairy and have a tendency to scratch their butts all the time, but they're the most like Night Elves that you'll see in the Horde.

Culture-wise yes (with their reverence for nature), but aesthetics wise, not so much. So it does greatly depend on why the OP likes night-elves so much (culture or appearance).
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't particularly like night elves, but I absolutely love my very first character, a night elf druid. I only play her every so often, but when I do I feel very close to her. Her backstory and all the experiences I had with her really make her special to me. However, as you can see my main character here is Cerylia, and I love blood elves and the Horde.

You could always try what I did as a solution--play a little of both factions when you feel like it. You might find something interesting about the faction you thought you didn't really like. :) After all, it's just a game; might as well enjoy all of it. xD

Otherwise, no--there is no way to be a race from one faction that is on the opposing faction. The only "exception" would be Pandaren, who get to choose which faction they join (but once they do, there is no going back).
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Avanna
So it does greatly depend on why the OP likes night-elves so much

Bounce-bounce-bounce.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/03/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Harlan
Bounce-bounce-bounce.

Rofl! my first character was Avanna here, and I didn't even create a second until she was around level 60 or so. I was so amused by the night-elf flippy jump that I hit the spacebar whenever I was running around as often as I could. Then I started to automatically jump randomly whenever I was running anywhere, my muscle memory got programmed into thinking that I had to hit spacebar randomly when running. Because of this habit, I now unconsciously randomly bounce with all of my characters, even though they have no special jump animation.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/03/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Harlan
So it does greatly depend on why the OP likes night-elves so much

Bounce-bounce-bounce.

Icedragon was my first character. I picked a druid because the green hair matched the green starting armor back in the day, and I saw her do the chest bounce. It was love at first sight. She's been my main ever since.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Rogue
Try playing alliance on a server you've not already been on.
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Druid
Bounce-bounce-bounce.

Rofl! my first character was Avanna here, and I didn't even create a second until she was around level 60 or so. I was so amused by the night-elf flippy jump that I hit the spacebar whenever I was running around as often as I could. Then I started to automatically jump randomly whenever I was running anywhere, my muscle memory got programmed into thinking that I had to hit spacebar randomly when running. Because of this habit, I now unconsciously randomly bounce with all of my characters, even though they have no special jump animation.

I STILL jump around on every toon lol! I used to try to see how many times I could flip in a row. :D

Now I pretty much do 360 jumps ALL THE TIME. If I'm jumping off any sort of elevation, I try to pull 720s or 1080s, but half the time I only manage a 540 or 900 and end up running the wrong way lol.

Good times. :)
Edited by Wõrgnfreeman on 3/4/2013 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
56 Worgen Druid
I believe there's a trinket called Orb of Illusion which can briefly change your character to one of the opposite faction. I believe Undead become Night Elves. However, you'd have to use it on your own time, as it takes up a trinket spot.

That's the best advice I have.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Hunter
or just do what I do an play the game the way it was ment to be played play on whatever toon you like an go from there I play ally an horde no specific pref I love them all the same,
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Okay, so I really really really love Horde, and feel weirdly loyal to them, but I love night elves! I love every thing about them, and their connection with nature, etc. But I'm not a huge fan of the Alliance. What should I do, I was thinking about a faction change, but that costs money and I don't like the the Alliance! Is there some way around this that I don't know of, like can I be a night elf and still stay on the Horde?

My first character was a nelf. I love them, I'm on horde now, but I'll always have nelfs as my number one love :-)
I say just create one for craps and giggles, try it out.
They rock
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Warrior
If you love hordes and also Night Elf but you hate the alliance
just stick with hordes
thats my only opinion advice right there
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
03/03/2013 09:15 PMPosted by Avanna
Bounce-bounce-bounce.

I can get that way too lol. The flip while jumping is one of the things I really enjoy about night elves. I've been leveling my monk a bit lately (he's also a night elf) so I have the night elf jump plus the monk roll ability.

For the OP, why not just make a night elf even though they are alliance? If you feel like playing a night elf then play your night elf toon, but if you want to play your horde toons then play horde. It's too bad you can't play both at the same time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]