Tidyplates/Threatplates problems?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any ideas why Tidyplates and Threatplates aren't working for me? I used TP all through wotlk and Cata, and in MoP I can't figure out why they just don't work.
I've reinstalled the latest version a few times.

I feel like I'm missing some stupid button like elective mode in D3, but I've been over and over the config and options countless times. Any insight would be appreciative.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
what do your nameplates look like? Blizz? another addon? completely missing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They look like blizz, as though I do not have the addon loaded at all.
I have the themes set to Grey/Tank for primary and secondary specs
Edited by Quelthanas on 3/4/2013 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If anything I use fewer addons total now than when I raided in wotlk and cata, none of which have any interaction with name plates.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
well first (and I assume this will not fix the actual issue), Grey is a theme completely separate from the ThreatPlates theme
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ya. Whether I use grey or threatplates, neither operate :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I still can't get it. Know of any alternative mods to Tidyplates? :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Try Nameplate Advance or Aloft.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
My suggestion would be to delete all the TidyPlates and ThreatPlates folders/files in your Interface/Addons folder as well as the TP files in your WTF folder. Then do a fresh install of the addons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yar. I'll try this =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My suggestion would be to delete all the TidyPlates and ThreatPlates folders/files in your Interface/Addons folder as well as the TP files in your WTF folder. Then do a fresh install of the addons.

I tried doing this but when i load WoW and go to the addons tab it keeps saying its out of date.
Edited by Leianyth on 3/5/2013 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Just load out of date addons. There were no changes in code affecting TP I think since they work fine for me so update really isn't needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thank you! it worked
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Little late, but I'm also having this issue. Can't get it to show the plates; just shows the default blizzard ones. I tried to disable all other addons. Tried to reinstall/update a few times. Out of date addons are allowed.

Really frustrated.

It was working fine before the latest tuesday patch.
Edited by Feneri on 3/21/2013 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You make sure you're loading both Tidyplates and at least one of the skins it comes with on the addon button window? In tidyplates options, are you selecting that skin for your primary/secondary spec?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah, I have all the themes enabled.

Tidy plates
Tidy plates hub
Tidy plates widgets
Tidy plates graphite
Tidy plates grey theme
Tidy plates neon theme
Tidy plates quatre theme

^ all those are enabled. I'm using neon/damage as primary and neon/tank as secondary. It's on a paladin.

Edit: I've tried installing it both via curse and manually, too.
Edited by Feneri on 3/21/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That's rather odd. If you've enabled all the components and you loaded themes for each of the specs, then I am unsure what it could be. Try contacting the author. They are working for me though they throw an occasional error.
I didn't load the latest version (4 days ago) so that is probably my issue.
You can post a message to him here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13674-TidyPlates.html#comments
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]