Consolidating Servers

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Quick question for all, Do you ever think blizz will consolidate some of the lower population servers in the future? I personally hope so, to make the game seem more lively.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Should they? Yes. Will they? Not a chance, unless a server's population is straight-up abysmal (like 500 or less).

It's no secret that the worldwide subscription count is dwindling. Blizzard is pulling out all the stops to give people a reason to stick around or resurrect your account, but they are also being incredibly stubborn in regards to servers in dire need of a merge, because in their deep twisted train of thought they just assume everyone playing will get fed up with lower populations and transfer their characters one at a time to greener pastures.

Their business practices in relation to other companies, downright atrocious, but they managed to get away with it because they had the money, the superior product and brand-name exposure for several generations of PC games. If Rift's devs would have taken the outcry for competitive PvP a little more seriously, WoW would be looking at a FFXI-esque existence by now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm torn.

If this server was more populated, I wouldn't have won Mimiron's Head off the BMAH.

<3 to Spiritus, Zermus, Cinko and Vio for being awesome
Edited by Emptronic on 3/5/2013 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
How much did you pay for it? And welcome to the club!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]