<BARBARIANS> an entry level RP-PvP guild

57 Gnome Monk
BARBARIANS is a Ravenholdt server Alliance guild formed specifically to offer players help in any of three areas:
1) introduction to or feedback in roleplay practice, concept, design, performance or activity;
2) introduction to the Ravenholdt server, but principally the active roleplaying community and guilds on both factions;
3) introduction to the game itself, and of course any combination of these three.

Guild officers are called Mentors, and each one is an experienced roleplayer who is familiar with Ravenholdt and the game in general. Mentors are all volunteers who want to help people get their bearings, try this out, and join this remarkably creative and welcoming community. They are there to help answer questions, offer ideas and share experience. Feel free to talk to them, they joined to help.

<BARBARIANS> is a place where you can try this out, experiment with concepts and techniques and where it is OK to be new, make mistakes, back up, alter, amend or erase. This is a place to practice where you will get constructive feedback in the amount and at the pace you want.

We will have few rules, but they are firm:
1) We are family friendly;
2) follow the Golden Rule (treat others the way you would want to be treated);
3) relax and have fun.

Guild channel is "Out of Character" (OOC) which means just speak as you normally would.

Except for those who wish to remain as Mentors, we don't expect you to stay with us as your permanent guild. We are here for you to have a place where you can figure out where you want to go, and how you want to get there.

FIRST: Roll an alt and give Ravenholdt roleplay a whirl!

SECOND: /join RP

THIRD: introduce yourself

FOURTH: join us if we can be of help to you in any way!
Edited by Stonesmiter on 3/5/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
This was such a wonderful idea and I'm really happy to see how the Alliance side has contributed to it. Thank you, Stone, for setting it up! I would encourage all new players to check out this guild and feel free to ask the people in it any questions that they have!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well Done!
-Sticky Requested.
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Mage
Well, since we moved all of our toons to the Alliance side I would like to join on an alt to learn more about RP, if that's all right.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well Done!
-Sticky Requested.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
/sign

Don't let the name scare you away. The only real barbarian I've come across over there is Stonesmiter himself. The rest are quite refined!
Reply Quote
*Laughs*

I've said it before, but I truly love this idea. What a great way to help introduce people to the server and to RP. Bump!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Silly Stone with the name. Such a typical Horde-cultural thing! *ducks*

Runs from the uncouth, yet unnervingly charming gnome.

/waves at all the new people. This is a fantastic movement! Welcome to Ravenholdt :)
Reply Quote
Silly Stone with the name. Such a typical Horde-cultural thing! *ducks*

Runs from the uncouth, yet unnervingly charming gnome.

/waves at all the new people. This is a fantastic movement! Welcome to Ravenholdt :)

I haven't met Stone ICly, yet, but I hear that it's extremely entertaining. It does explain the name of the guild though! *Chuckles*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd like to join when I roll a toon on there tonight or on Saturday, who to I contact? Also, whats ICIy mean? lol

This server sure seems to be a lot more personable that my current home but it is only PVE
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
ICly means In Character.

The GM is out because of RL (Real Life) but I think anyone can recruit.

When you get there, /join RP and introduce yourself. I think there are a lot of alts in <BARBARIANS> who can help you out if you announce yourself.

When March is over the GM should be on more. Just remember he is our Warchief first and foremost.

This server sure seems to be a lot more personable that my current home but it is only PVE

Yes we are. And as I have told others, this means that after I kill you I will kiss your brow as I close your eyes, and I will pray to your ancestors to take you home.
Edited by Zhorkosh on 3/15/2013 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
We pride ourselves in our unique Alliance-Horde relations in these parts, that's for sure!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I love the fact that this guild is called barbarians and the spokesman is a gnome
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I love the fact that this guild is called barbarians and the spokesman is a gnome

http://www.ravenholdt.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2731&p=29289#p29289

/facepalm

How the mighty have fallen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Eww RP

:)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Eww RP

The fact that your avatar displays a cute Panda grin and you included a smiley face makes this post acceptable. Barely.

;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Eww RP

/twists the panda's goatee around her finger and pokes him gently on his little black nose.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Eww RP

The fact that your avatar displays a cute Panda grin and you included a smiley face makes this post acceptable. Barely.

;)

I came from The Venture Co Server. I RP'd a troll for many years. I keep to a RP-PvP server because for the most part the maturity level is higher than a PvP server. Also the names of players doesn't make we want to set puppies on fire
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I just hope coming here I can find some buds who don't mind RPing with an old 44 year old and maybe they will gimmie some netherweave bags? LOL

Kidding... i'm looking forward to this. Back to work now :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]