Isle of Thunder

90 Undead Warrior
Share your favorite moments from the new daily zone.

Mine is realizing these dailies suck even worse than Golden Lotus so my alts will continue to collect dust.

My favorite moment was the slow realization that Blizzard stopped trying to hide the fact they're making padded content for people. I'm having Firelands flashbacks, and those were giving me Argent Tourney flashbacks. FFS devs, there's a huge difference between challenging and annoying. And let me tell you something, I don't consider it challenging when I'm locked to the ground and can't go three feet without aggroing something.

Ending rant before I make a huge giant text wall of rage.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
My favorite moment was the slow realization that Blizzard stopped trying to hide the fact they're making padded content for people. I'm having Firelands flashbacks ...

Blackhowl think you meant to say Isle of Quel'danas flashbacks.
Edited by Blackhowl on 3/11/2013 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/11/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Blackhowl
My favorite moment was the slow realization that Blizzard stopped trying to hide the fact they're making padded content for people. I'm having Firelands flashbacks ...

Nah, he's getting those flashbacks from the argent tourney flashbacks.

I Like this system. Dailies now being a source of Valor makes it even nicer for me to see new Dailies. I am still not so fond of the Gating Gear rewards solely behind Daily driven rep grinds, but they are heading in the right direction.

and come on. admit it. saurok space jumping makes it all worth while. I am still working on a wiley coyote scheme to throw myself over the wall into one of the locked sections, jsut to see whats there. Goblin hang glider ENGAGE!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I like the fact that literally everything on Thunder Isle and Isle of Giants aggros on you if you so much as look at it funny. On a more serious note, Saurok super bouncing is pretty darn fun and it actually gets me around faster than if I were mounted up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I am still working on a wiley coyote scheme to throw myself over the wall into one of the locked sections, jsut to see whats there. Goblin hang glider ENGAGE!

You can quite easily walk to the Thunder Forge and environs, which is inside the currently locked area. The normal mobs and quest mobs are there already, but not the rares (except for Nalak, who is flying around and targetable, but I don't know if you can fight him; I didn't try).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/11/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Arnblas
I am still working on a wiley coyote scheme to throw myself over the wall into one of the locked sections, jsut to see whats there. Goblin hang glider ENGAGE!

You can quite easily walk to the Thunder Forge and environs, which is inside the currently locked area. The normal mobs and quest mobs are there already, but not the rares (except for Nalak, who is flying around and targetable, but I don't know if you can fight him; I didn't try).

Oooooo. Hey, as of last night, Horde was still in Stage 1 (92% when I logged?) so Im plotting some sorta daring attempt at hurling myself all over the place.

Walking up to things? Thats for Nonengineeers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/11/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Rantipole
Oooooo. Hey, as of last night, Horde was still in Stage 1 (92% when I logged?) so Im plotting some sorta daring attempt at hurling myself all over the place.

Alliance is still on Stage 1 as well; at least we were when I walked to the Thunder Forge. I didn't have to glitch through anything, as it was accessible via a cave near the shore, just north of the Court of Bones.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/11/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Arnblas

Alliance is still on Stage 1 as well; at least we were when I walked to the Thunder Forge. I didn't have to glitch through anything, as it was accessible via a cave near the shore, just north of the Court of Bones.

huh. I kinda skirted around the shoreline on a water strider, didnt see any caves, mind you, I was also looking for mroe exciting things Like Rares, silly NPCs (Im talkin you folks on Isle of Giants) and Balls of Foil.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/11/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Arnblas

Neither side can progress to Stage 2 until both sides have met Stage 1 objectives.

But from looking around the forums, the progression/participation thing seems to be more of a gimmick than something truly functional. Everyone has been reporting their realm progressing about the same speed, give or take a couple of percent. A couple of realms reported unlocking Stage 2 this afternoon, the rest are all saying at 98 or 99%.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
03/11/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Blackhowl

Never did those. I hated BC. Quit a month in protest of draenei shaman, went back just long enough to kill Illidan, then quit until Wrath.

I don't care what anyone says, that expansion was geared for Forsaken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/12/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Malles

Never did those. I hated BC.

Get out of here! Go!

I just made it to the Isle last night (finally!) so can't say much about my experience - did one daily then knocked out. Seems pretty nifty though so I'm looking forward to questing there today.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]