Cancelling MF for Procs?

90 Undead Priest
Alright just how the title says, Should we be cancelling Mind Flay for procs like MB or MS or should we be letting Mind Flay ride out with no interruptions what so ever for max amounts of ticks. I know GCD plays into affect on this. Just looking for some answers for max dps for raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
MF is the absolute lowest priority ability you have. Anything else you need to do, whether it be refreshing dots, casting MB, or using procs, should come before it. Simply interrupt it after the next tick. There is no point interrupting the very first tick of the ability though because you'll still be in the GCD when it occurs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yea, That's what I thought. Someone told me that cancelling your mindflay would be wasted dps because of the gcd or something along those lines.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ok, if you cast your proc (MB,MS, or if MB comes off CD) then you want to cast after the 2nd tick (or just before the 2nd tic taking latency into account -need an addon for this)

If you are between your 2nd tick and 3rd just wait for the MF cast to end and then cast w/e else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]