So you're leaving Mages, are you?

90 Undead Mage
God, people whining about these changes make me wince. It's one thing to be conservative, but are you this scared of numbers changing? You all make it sound like Blizzard never tweaks us. Like you've never been around for the shifts and rewires of optimal gameplay. I've been a Mage for 8 years. Things have changed, and it's been a great ride that I'm sure as hell not ditching just because of a patch. I'll spare you some tripe about 'true mages' and assure you that you're a bunch of starving drama holes.

Leavers are weak. So if you're going to leave, keep walking. Go to some other class. Or hey, take your Mage out to Hellfire Peninsula and gank people 24/7. I hear that's what's hip.

c:
Reply Quote
I usually stick with multiple characters.

And it's what I'm gonna do next patch.

Come at me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I will destroy you!

(<- has a prot warrior and holy/ret pally that get action depending on the position of the planets)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Still enjoy mages, always been my favorite class. 5.2 is looking awesome for us and has the potential to be one of the best pvp seasons in a really long time also.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/02/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Smoovie
Still enjoy mages, always been my favorite class. 5.2 is looking awesome for us and has the potential to be one of the best pvp seasons in a really long time also.

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/02/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Smoovie

I know, right? I only rejoined Mists around Chrimbus time because I was having a rough semester w/ injuries for a few months, so I joined the PvP bandwagon a little late and resolved to bank up Honor and wait for the next patch.

I'm hoping to exercise Fire PvP good and proper now that we have Scorch back in our spec repertoire and PoM and Blazing Speed—now in t1—will both be fun to toy around with. I don't care if I get smooshed a lot to start off. Ever since I watched Dessimus do Fire PvP back in Vanilla I've had it in my heart. :v
Edited by Atamynn on 3/2/2013 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well, yes, this mage is leaving, and I don't really care about comments concerning leavers. Mages are a dead class. You can go on deluding yourselves as much as you want, but Blizzard does not pander to mages, it panders to the more popular classes, such as hunters and blood DKs. Why do you think those 2 classes always single us out in BG's? Because Blizzard gave them an advantage over us. They call us "glass canons" because we were squishy, but we made up for it with the highest DPS around, but that hasn't been true since BC. Now, hunters, blood DKs, Warlocks, Boomkins, etc. can all out DPS us, while they also have self-healing, better armor, better minions, etc., etc., etc. You name it, they got it. Let's face it, there are not enough of us to make an efficient lobby for our class. The little kiddies that play the other classes HATE being killed by mages. They feel mages are effeminate (that's female-like for the illiterates among you), so they !@#$% and complain, and Blizzard gives them everything they want, which explains why we keep getting nerfed. For example, think about arc mage in 5.2, DPS is being lowered and mana cost increased...why aren't they doing the same thing to Blood DK's? Think way back when our mirror images could polymorph, that was nerfed too, but what about the other classes' minions who can do so much more, and our mirror images only last 1 minutes, are very squishy, and can't be controlled like other minions. Thing is, Blizzard doesn't care. They'd rather keep the masses happy, and feed us the usual BS. It's simple maths, they get to loose more players if they pander to us for a change. I'm sickened by this hypocrisy, by people who gobble up the lame excuses Blizzard feeds us, and by people who pretend they are still happy about this game. This game is addictive, no matter how bad you get it, you still want it. Damn them all to hell for keeping so many people hooked on this crap. I've played it for for too long, and I'm glad I'm leaving. That money will go towards something much more productive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Wall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Very few of them are sincerely leaving. They're just using the threat of leaving as a childish tantrum to try and get their class buffed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Per the usual. :3c
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I dont see how 22% damage reduction is going to be viable but if you all math wizards say so... Not that I play anything but Fire.

I am quite addicted to pyros bigger than my toon hurtled through the air critting for 260k
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Oh no! They're reducing Arcane Charges to 4 from 6! 4 is a smaller number. Arcane will never be viable again.

Check it, I can pull numbers out and do things with them, too.

snorts obnoxiously
Edited by Atamynn on 3/2/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/02/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Mahourai
Very few of them are sincerely leaving. They're just using the threat of leaving as a childish tantrum to try and get their class buffed.

I was leaving until the Pyro nerf announcement. Now it looks like the people working on mage development have been appropriately slapped into reality and realized "maybe completely rewriting mechanics halfway through every patch isn't the best way to address player retention" things are actually looking up.

On topic. This isn't the 1950's. Brand loyalty is just being an uncle tom. They don't care about you and don't reward you for your patronage. People have a right to complain when their product is being changed in radical ways they don't like. If that makes people "whiners" or "weak leavers" then you've lost sight of what "paying customer" means and we're so far apart we might as well be in different realities. I pay for product X when they are providing product X. They change it to product Y and when I complain because I like product X I have to listen to these nonsense posts by delusional sycophants about how I am the problem. You're the problem.

Oh no! They're reducing Arcane Charges to 4 from 6! 4 is a smaller number. Arcane will never be viable again.

Check it, I can pull numbers out and do things with them, too.

snorts obnoxiously

Yes this is the only change occurring to Arcane. No other mechanics changes are happening that affect the playstyle of Arcane.
Edited by Medívh on 3/2/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/02/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Medívh
I was leaving until the Pyro nerf announcement.

You and the rest of the mage forum !@#$post crew were leaving after the first CM nerf too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
And what's actually changing about the playstyle of Arcane? They don't have the Scorch loophole anymore, and I can guarantee you that at least with my Haste build I haven't needed it once.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I was leaving until the Pyro nerf announcement.

You and the rest of the mage forum !@#$post crew were leaving after the first CM nerf too.

I went Arcane for all of patch 5.1, so yes, I did leave Fire mage. Just like I'm leaving Arcane mage in 5.2. Were it not for scorch weaving in Arcane I would have rerolled after the heavy handed CM nerfs.

As for my posts, I post lots of helpful things, lots of breakdowns of mechanics and help lots of starting mages. You go back to the original invocation changes I posted the math on exactly how and when the new invocation would be a DPS loss. You are a waste of space who spends his time wandering around poopooing on anyone with an opinion other than "blizzard is my personal lord and savior". That's why you're irrelevant.

03/02/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Atamynn
And what's actually changing about the playstyle of Arcane? They don't have the Scorch loophole anymore, and I can guarantee you that at least with my Haste build I haven't needed it once.

So... in other words you were intentionally playing wrong and because the rest of us were playing correctly and having fun with it, when it gets nerfed we shouldn't complain. Sounds reasonable. Wait, that's not right, what was the other thing? Retarded.

1) Arcane Blast costs are increasing requiring burning down to <20% with the new invocation to maintain stack camping. This is changing stat priorities from Mastery -> Haste to Haste -> Mastery, inadvertently reducing our AoE and Cleaves because they don't benefit from Mana Adept like they used to. This is a large, unnecessary change. If you are still using RoP, your DPS is going to be a much larger Sine curve than before. This affects add peeling and burst, and there are plenty of fights that need both. Big mechanics change.

2) Scorch is being removed so Arcane can now either dump stacks and cycle Fire Blast and 0-stack Arcane Barrage while moving or take ice floes for 2 spells and then do that anyway. Total reworking of Arcane mobile combat. Another large mechanics change.

3) Invocation is replacing RoP as the defacto top DPS talent. This means less spell casts and more down time. Another large mechanics change.

The funny thing is, I know you aren't so stupid you don't see how many things have changed in Arcane. Or maybe you are. I mean you just said you intentionally play wrong, so heck if I don't like Arcane Blast maybe I can just chain cast FFB, then when AB gets nerfed I can tell all the Arcane Mages that "nothing big is changing because I never used AB!" That would make about as much sense.
Edited by Medívh on 3/2/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Welcome to problem solving. I guess I'm just not bothered by change. I'm pumped to explore whatever might change in the optimal Arcane strategy. Plus, it hardly seems like a fun use of mechanics to have a mandatory talent for a spec in this customization model. I'm glad they're taking Scorch out of the mix and giving it back to Fire spec. Back to choosing circumstantially.

Change is good \o/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Welcome to problem solving. I guess I'm just not bothered by change. I'm pumped to explore whatever might change in the optimal Arcane strategy. Plus, it hardly seems like a fun use of mechanics to have a mandatory talent for a spec in this customization model. I'm glad they're taking Scorch out of the mix and giving it back to Fire spec. Back to choosing circumstantially.

Change is good \o/

When you're changing from a spec with: 1) top end sustained DPS, 2) mid-top end AoE/Cleave, 3) top end burst, 4) top end add peeling, 5)terrible horrific movement DPS to the new Arcane, where all of these factors have demonstrably worsened, some in profound ways, change is not good.
Edited by Medívh on 3/2/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Suddenly I realize you don't understand in the first place, and were I on the outside looking in at you from a different class as my main, I would slap you across the internet. You're upset that Arcane is no longer atrociously ahead of most other DPS classes/specs.

I can say with certainty now: that's your problem. Not ours.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/02/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Medívh
You are a waste of space who spends his time wandering around poopooing on anyone with an opinion other than "blizzard is my personal lord and savior".

I was going to sincerely reply to the body of your post but then I found the following post, which is you replying to some other mage on a completely separate subject a few days ago.

You're beneath me, I only responded because I have to read your "blizzard is my personal lord and savior" posts in just about every thread and it irks me.

Your contribution to theorycraft includes being such a bad poster that you just copy and paste your burns. It's doubtful you even read threads in your zest to get an awesome zinger in about how everyone who disagrees with you is a sycophantic Greg Street cultist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]